I am curious how everyone else is liking their Q10.
    I have gone full circle on every phone that matters over the last several months by starting with the iPhone 5, then the Z10, back to the iPhone 5, the Q10, then to the Galaxy 4 and now back to the Q10 for the past 3 weeks or so.
    The more I use it, the more I enjoy it. Other than the screen (and possibly the overall phone, keys inclusive) being a bit small for a old guy (53) when I am without my glasses, it really is an awesome phone. I especially love all the keyboard shortcuts, several of which I stumbled upon by going through all of the key to see what they actually do. My favorite is R = reader mode). Most web links from emails are too small as there is too much crammed into most web pages and I get real tired real fast having to zoom in and manipulate around the page to get to the text I am trying to link up to. Reader Mode generally converts and generally takes me to where I want to be and in a slightly larger font so that even without my reading glasses, I can easily get through a document without going bug-eyed from the strain of trying to focus in on too small of font. Anyway, not enough can be said about the short-cuts available on the keypad and my guess is many of them are not getting the credit and recognition they deserve by new users because they are unaware of them.
    Obviously a few more apps would be nice, but I have learned very quickly how easy it is to put shortcuts on my screen to websites such as RBC Direct Investing which at the end of the day I much prefer to use their website interface than their app, so no loss there. The phone just feels good in all respects. The swiping of the B10 OS is highly addictive in the sense that every time I pick up my wife or son's iPhone the first thing I do without even thinking is start swiping before before it kicks in what I am doing. It is really very natural thing to do. I have said this before and I will say it again, I think Blackberry should very seriously consider building a phone with a bit more screen with the B10 OS on one side and a virtual Android platform on the other side that can be switched over much the same as the Personal and Business modes of Blackberry Balance. It is only my humble opinion, but if this were to happen, my guess is Blackberry's sales and financial woes would instantly become a thing of the past. There would be no better phone on earth with access to top security, BBM, every app on the planet, the mother of all keyboards and a screen size that works for everyone. What would the critics have to complain about then?

Cheers,
    Last edited by kbfunk; 07-12-13 at 01:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    DragonFlyer and rudyalexc like this.
    07-11-13 01:27 PM
    Glad to hear you are happy with your Q10. I'm still rocken with the Z10 and loving it.
    Reader mode is nothing but awesome!
    07-11-13 01:33 PM
    I love Reader mode!! I first had it on my PlayBook, and then I noticed its on Safari on my Mac Book Pro.

But the BB10 Reader mode is the best so far (tied with PlayBook). I read a lot of news articles and stories on my phone, and it's so nice that it condenses everything. It even does sites that Safari won't do.

As for a BlackBerry/Android combination phone... no way.
    07-11-13 02:00 PM
    Excellent news! I am currently rocking both- I use the Z10 as the primary and the Q10 (WiFi Only) as the secondary and they both work great. But, when I am using the Q10 I do miss the larger screen. Other than that they are both great devices fast and smooth! I am sorry that they are not getting the recognition that it deserve... Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences!
    07-11-13 02:04 PM
    I am curious how everyone else is liking their Q10.
    I have gone full circle on every phone that matters over the last several months by starting with the iPhone 5, then the Z10, back to the iPhone 5, the Q10, then to the Galaxy 4 and now back to the Q10 for the past 3 weeks or so.
    The more I use it, the more I enjoy it. Other than the screen (and possibly the overall phone, keys inclusive) being a bit small for a old guy (53) when I am without my glasses, it really is an awesome phone. I especially love all the keyboard shortcuts, several of which I stumbled upon by going through all of the key to see what they actually do. My favorite is R = reader mode). Most web links from emails are too small as there is too much crammed into most web pages and I get real tired real fast having to zoom in and manipulate around the page to get to the text I am trying to link up to. Reader Mode generally converts and generally takes me to where I want to be and in a slightly larger font so that even without my reading glasses, I can easily get through a document without going bug-eyed from the strain of trying to focus in on too small of font. Anyway, not enough can be said about the short-cuts available on the keypad and my guess is many of them are not getting the credit and recognition they deserve by new users because they are unaware of them.
    Obviously a few more apps would be nice, but I have learned very quickly how easy it is to put shortcuts on my screen to websites such as RBC Direct Investing which at the end of the day I much prefer to use their website interface than their app, so no loss there. The phone just feels good in all respects. The swiping of the B10 OS is highly addictive in the sense that every time I pick up my wife or son's iPhone the first thing I do without even thinking is start swiping before before it kicks in what I am doing. It is really very natural thing to do. I have said this before and I will say it again, I thing Blackberry should very seriously consider building a phone with a bit more screen with the B10 OS on one side and a virtual Android platform on the other side that can be switched over much the same as the Personal and Business modes of Blackberry Balance. It is only my humble opinion, but if this were to happen, my guess is Blackberry's sales and financial woes would instantly become a thing of the past. There would be no better phone on earth with access to top security, BBM, every app on the planet, the mother of all keyboards and a screen size that works for everyone. What would the critics have to complain about then?

Cheers,
    Very nice write-up and a great humble opinion! I agree. If BlackBerry phones were double-platform, it would take over market share no doubt. But that takes a LOT of contracts and paperwork in the corporate world

If you have some spare time, make sure to visit my review on the Q10, and then a quick comparison to iPhone! Link is in my signature
    07-11-13 02:32 PM