There are a number of bugs that will pop up after being released to the masses that didn't pop up during testing. You have to accept and expect that if you are an early adapter of new technology, you will not get a perfectly polished and bug-free experience. The other thing to keep in mind that through updates, these bugs get fixed, but sometimes fixing something in one spot creates a new issue in another spot. Nothing is perfect and will never be.

For the "end call" issue, I have not had this issue yet. I only need to hit the end call once. I hope this gets fixed soon for you folks that are experiencing this.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    05-25-13 06:02 PM
    I recon its a great feature. It stops accidental hangup

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 06:34 PM
    I have to tap End Call at least twice
    05-25-13 07:47 PM
    ^ Same, it's a bug.
    05-26-13 03:07 AM
    I just press end call one. Perhaps it needs a long press rather than a short tap.

I have had the Q10 since it came out in Canada and the end call may have gotten better with the later OS updates or maybe I just got better at pressing it.

The touch screen is not super sensitive so you can also run into problems if you are not holding your phone such as when it is on a desk. For the capacitive touch to work, it needs a ground, either you or the surface it is on. If the phone is on the wrong surface, the touch screen can loose semsitivity. Even some poor designed shell cases can insulate the phone and cause problems. The 9900 was like that too.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:23 AM
    For me this problem has been remedied with the lastest software update 10.1.0.273 !
    Try updating, but beware that the update process takes long (took my Q10 over 30 minutes to install AFTER download).
    06-11-13 11:37 AM
    Yea, I have noticed this on both my Z and Q.
    06-11-13 11:50 AM
    So I called someone today, but I got their machine. I didn't want to leave a message, so I go to end the call, and the End Call button is bloody missing! Well, I fumbled around, tired to close the program, went back in, finally discovered the End Call button was hidden, and I had to scroll up to find it. Unbelievably ridiculous. How is this okay? I would give money to allow the backspace key to end calls.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:00 PM
    Did not older Blackberry models utilise a proximity sensor to automatically end the call when the phone was put (back) in the holster?
    Does enyone know if the flip shell case for the Q10 works the same way (when closing the lid)?
    It uses a magnet, and this does work on the Q10 with any holster or flip case that activates sleep mode. You have to change the Holster settings in the Phone app options.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-11-13 01:25 PM
    You shouldn't have to do anything special one tap is good enough to end a call. I jus tried it on my q10 atleast 5 times.

Posted Via Q10
    Sometimes it is one tap that will end the conversation and sometimes it is "tap and hold", but I suspect it can be due to screen protector too.
    Does the OP use the screen protector on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:30 PM
    I have approx. 20 of the Q10's deployed and have had atleast 7 people now complaining about the "end call" problem. They are all ready to launch the phone into the sea because of this.

On Bes10 the phones report Software Version : 10.1.0.1483 but on the actual phone Under System Settings -> "About" it shows 10.1.0.283 and under "system settings" -> software update it shows 10.1.0.283

Can everybody that has this same issue post their versions from the "About" and "software update:" , I know on a few Z10 units the about and software update versions were different also.
    06-18-13 09:24 AM
    Did not older Blackberry models utilise a proximity sensor to automatically end the call when the phone was put (back) in the holster?
    Does enyone know if the flip shell case for the Q10 works the same way (when closing the lid)?
    Yes it does open touch the phone icon at the bottom

Pull down from top choose settings here

Look for holster

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    06-18-13 09:39 AM
    I'm noticing that it's taking a few seconds for the screen to show up when removing the phone from your ear after a call.

After that it takes a few presses for 'end call' button to activate.

You start to realize how many people on the other end of the call start to talk while they hang up on their end, it's funny.

There are times when I've put the phone back up to my ear while trying to end the call, because I've heard noise or rustling on the other end of the line.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:00 AM
    Does anybody have a list of the hardware revisions for the Q10? I notice there are 5 models , Maybe someone knows what has changed between all these models of Q10? My Phones are SQN100-1, I wonder if the proximity sensor might have been changed?

SQN100-1
    SQN100-2
    SQN100-3
    SQN100-5
    06-19-13 06:58 AM
    For the "end call" issue, I have not had this issue yet. I only need to hit the end call once.
    This indicates to me that this was not by design as some folks here suggested, but the digitizer sensitivity problem or something. One should be able to hang up the phone just by a single action.
    06-19-13 09:31 AM
    I have approx. 20 of the Q10's deployed and have had atleast 7 people now complaining about the "end call" problem. They are all ready to launch the phone into the sea because of this.

On Bes10 the phones report Software Version : 10.1.0.1483 but on the actual phone Under System Settings -> "About" it shows 10.1.0.283 and under "system settings" -> software update it shows 10.1.0.283

Can everybody that has this same issue post their versions from the "About" and "software update:" , I know on a few Z10 units the about and software update versions were different also.
    07-07-13 04:50 PM
    I have the Q10 with the latest update and the endcall problem persists. More correspondence on the issue at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/Why-I-m-giving-up-my-Q10-to-go-back-to-the-Bold-9900/td-p/2370679

Perhaps linking these two sources with a stock analyst website that follows BlackBerry might bring adequate pressure on BlackBerry management to fix this. The problem is that the Q10 keyboard is not fully engaged in controlling the screen for those of us who bought the Q10 for the keyboard. Thus the return key in fact starts the call but there is no key to end it. That failure impacts a number of operations on the phone particularly when the hard operation buttons of the 99XX were removed. There is no technical reason the problem could not be fixed.
    07-07-13 04:59 PM
    Regardless, when I want to end a call, I habitually press 1-3 times depending on what I'm doing in that situation.
    07-07-13 05:25 PM
43 12