I am experiencing your same issue. it seems to be more on the left side of the keyboard, namely "a" and "i".. did you find a solution? I am considering getting the keyboard replaced
    07-19-13 07:05 AM
    Yeah same here, the issue occur more on the left side of the keyboard. The blackberry guys just replaced my keyboard and it's looking good now.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:59 AM
    mine is happening with the letter L M A S I D so all over the keyboard i called rogers tech support for black berry and they said they never heard of it before..but to try a factory reset through BB link so i will try it this weekend
    07-19-13 10:47 AM
    I think it's more of a hardware issue rather than software but you can try factory resetting it first.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:01 AM
    So, I dropped mine with Rogers on June 17, AM. They sat on it for a day and shipped it on the 18th PM. It was received by the repair facility on the 19th. Now I wait.
    07-23-13 07:01 PM
    It's a hardware issue no questions asked. I replaced my 9900 twice over the same issue. It's starting to happen to my Q10 as well, Bell will hear about this, and hopefully will allow me to get a white Q10 =D as the repaired unit!

Posted from Q10 and CB10.
    07-23-13 07:24 PM
    I just got mine back. Almost two weeks later but it seems to be fixed.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-30-13 03:17 PM
    ok i guess i need to do the same but rogers said to try a factory reset first and if that doesnt work send it out for repairs >>did they wipe the phone when you got it back?
    I just got mine back. Almost two weeks later but it seems to be fixed.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-30-13 03:32 PM
    ok i guess i need to do the same but rogers said to try a factory reset first and if that doesnt work send it out for repairs >>did they wipe the phone when you got it back?
    Actually, I backed it up and did a security wipe before sending it in.

The good news is that I can confirm after a few hours of heavy use that the problem is completely fixed.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-30-13 06:42 PM
    Actually, I backed it up and did a security wipe before sending it in.

The good news is that I can confirm after a few hours of heavy use that the problem is completely fixed.

Posted via CBQ10
    Ok thanks I will do that I'm getting the double typing with 6-7 letters but happens intermittently

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 06:52 PM
    Let's hope that the low number of participants in this thread can be seen as an indication that we are the exception to the rule rather than the rule and that this will not be a recurring issue.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-30-13 08:06 PM
    I just started having this problem after installing the 10.2.0.1047 leak. I'm not sure if it's just the OS or is it the hardware failing at the same time.
    08-05-13 04:21 AM
    I just started having this problem after installing the 10.2.0.1047 leak. I'm not sure if it's just the OS or is it the hardware failing at the same time.
    Was there before and after 10.2 for me. Definitely hardware.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 04:27 AM
    I also have the same problem. With "a"

- Charles
    08-05-13 04:29 AM
    I have this problem too. Especially with the s button. I think replacing the keyboard is the only way. Its a fast and inexpensive fix.
    08-05-13 04:40 AM
    I have the same problem with the letters L M H U A Y B and it's especially annoying wwhen typing in my device password and now also W smh

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 and jevinzac like this.
    08-05-13 09:44 AM
    I have it too. Started a couple of weeks ago but is intermittent but also mainly on the left. Have had Q10 since launch day at Carphone Warehouse in Selfridges in London. Has anyone else dealt with CPW for a repair (I won't be able to go back to Selfridges but believe the warranty is with CPW)? Historically they would send off faulty BlackBerry devices to their repairer...and 2 weeks or so later you'd be given a completely different one back. So it was more replacement dressed up as repair.
    08-05-13 10:24 AM
    I've noticed mine on I and O but it's intermittent.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:28 AM
    Hi all, I just sent my blackberry q10 to the blackberry expert centre yesterday and have been amazed by the speed they repaired it!
    I got my phone just today and everything seems to be fine now. They said they had replaced my keypad and it types out perfectly now *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    I think I have same issue with my s key! Do they mention if you can do something by yourself without sending the phone back?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:06 PM
    I have it too. Started a couple of weeks ago but is intermittent but also mainly on the left. Have had Q10 since launch day at Carphone Warehouse in Selfridges in London. Has anyone else dealt with CPW for a repair (I won't be able to go back to Selfridges but believe the warranty is with CPW)? Historically they would send off faulty BlackBerry devices to their repairer...and 2 weeks or so later you'd be given a completely different one back. So it was more replacement dressed up as repair.
    I just put my q10 in to CPW (UK) today to get the keyboard fixed. I will report back on how it went, but it will take 10 days. I will let you know if it is my phone that comes back repaired or replaced, and if it fixes the problem, and generally how I feel it went. It is about 2 months old, which means I can't replace it with a different phone, my only option is a warranty repair with blackberry if it is over 28 days. Shame because otherwise I would have dumped this piece of junk for something else....

For the record, its my R key - it is now touch sensitive and just brushing your nail against the key activates it, leading to repeat presses and capital letters (orrrrrrrRRr leterrRs if I was still using it ). Made worse by the fact my lock password has R's in it hehehe
    08-05-13 03:10 PM
    This is beginning to look like an epidemic affecting phones after 6-8 weeks of use.
    I sure hope it won't recur 6-8 weeks after a repair....
    Anyone with any experience that way?

Posted via CBQ10
    PiscesPhil likes this.
    08-05-13 03:25 PM
    I wish it happened a bit earlier to be honest as now I'm stuck with this Blackberry-in-name-only....

I think it clearly is a quality control issue, but I would expect that a repair will not use questionable keyboard parts, hence one would HOPE that it won't reoccur. A warranty repair every 6-8 weeks from every q10 user is unlikely, and honestly would bankrupt what's left of Blackberry. I suspect they will be all over improving the quality control already. but we will see won't we?
    08-05-13 03:46 PM
    I just put my q10 in to CPW (UK) today to get the keyboard fixed. I will report back on how it went, but it will take 10 days. I will let you know if it is my phone that comes back repaired or replaced, and if it fixes the problem, and generally how I feel it went. It is about 2 months old, which means I can't replace it with a different phone, my only option is a warranty repair with blackberry if it is over 28 days. Shame because otherwise I would have dumped this piece of junk for something else....

For the record, its my R key - it is now touch sensitive and just brushing your nail against the key activates it, leading to repeat presses and capital letters (orrrrrrrRRr leterrRs if I was still using it ). Made worse by the fact my lock password has R's in it hehehe
    Thank you. That's really helpful. I won't do anything for now as itt's not too bad (although it just did it!). Maybe they'll comment on whether or not they've had others with the same issue when you collect it too.
    08-05-13 04:13 PM
    Starting to notice a double-a today right before coming across this thread.

I can't seem to recreate it though.

BBM: 2AEABBAC | twitter.com/heyart
    08-05-13 06:23 PM
    I created at new thread yesterday. My wifes phone started having problems on Saturday. when she types t, she gets yidt. everytime.

I was beginning to wonder if it was a problem with the 1.0.4181 that happened last week.
    08-05-13 08:03 PM
2,502 1234 ...