I started having the same issue off and on and Rogers replaced the phone. It was 8 months old. Seems to be a hardware issue with Q10.
    02-17-14 05:39 PM
    I have to join the crowd. For me it started since 10.2.1 update and I hope this is a software bug which will be eliminated soon...

Posted via CB10
    Bratza likes this.
    02-18-14 01:12 AM
    I have to join the crowd. For me it started since 10.2.1 update and I hope this is a software bug which will be eliminated soon...

Posted via CB10
    I had the same feeling. It seems to much of a coincidence to start getting the problems after the 10.2.1 update. Anyway, let's wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:37 AM
    I had the same feeling. It seems to much of a coincidence to start getting the problems after the 10.2.1 update. Anyway, let's wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to insist. Obviously we can only guess if it is a software or hardware problems. Is it possible no official statement comes from blackberry on what is apparently an epidemics????

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:40 AM
    I have this problem on my first Q10 and after sending it to the service center twice, the problem could not be solved. The service center had to send it back to the factory and get it sorted out. Also, there was another problem which is the "clicking" keyboard (like some keys have lost its tension when pressing)

Now, it seems like the "double typing" is happening to my 2nd Q10. Gosh... I type a lot each day and I send most of my emails via my Q10. This phone is essential for me at work (and I believe other users too). It's annoying to make so many corrections every time I reply to emails.

I hope BlackBerry will be aware and try to solve this problem for your supporters worldwide. This is commitment.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:47 AM
    If you read back a couple of pages, you'll see that the majority of people are suffering from this issue well before 10.2.1 was released, some were suffering even before 10.2 hit the public - be it official or leaked. My double typing started sometime after the 10.1 MR update got released.
    While this doesn't rule out a software related problem per se, it at least isn't a 10.2.1 exclusive problem.

Last but not least we have to differ at least two types of double typing:
    1. Random keys being entered double, sometimes more often, sometimes less. It is difficult to boil down specific keys.
    2. At least one key which is overly sensitive, the device enters multiple characters for just a single keystroke. Sometimes it is not even required to hit the key, just touching it results in an input. This problem seems to be a 100% hardware related fault.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.

I hope BlackBerry will be aware and try to solve this problem for your supporters worldwide. This is commitment.
    Just a few days ago a fellow CB member created a new thread linking this one, CrackBerry Kevin noticed it and forwarded everything to BlackBerry. I hope we'll get some more insight in the upcoming weeks.

As you already stated: For a high-end QWERTY flagship it is simply unaccaptable to get key issues even if the device owner is a heavy user. This needs to be sorted out if BlackBerry wants to keep loyal physical keyboard fans onboard.
    02-18-14 08:48 AM
    How long after you had the repair done did the problem take to resurface?
    and what was the specific repair ?, keyboard, keyboard membrane + a.n.other........
    02-18-14 08:50 AM
    Hi just to clarity some of the doubts out there, I have send my phone twice to the service centre before OS10.2.1 have been introduced. ( I suspect this is more hardware problem rather than software)

First repair which result the keyboard is fine for at least 3 months. After which the double typing issue strike again, resulting me having to send it in again. It have been 2 to 3 months for now. It is fine for now, just hoping this continue all the way.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-18-14 09:26 AM
    It could be a problem connected with the updating process.

Notice people getting double typing after a updating OS, my double typing started after 10.1 update then I replaced my keyboard myself problem came back after 10.2 and now worse in 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:12 PM
    How long after you had the repair done did the problem take to resurface?
    Roughly 3 months

Posted via CBQ10
    02-18-14 06:18 PM
    Try disabling language detection and "Learn new words" see if it fixes double typing.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:25 PM
    and what was the specific repair ?, keyboard, keyboard membrane + a.n.other........
    Keyboard and membrane

Posted via CBQ10
    02-18-14 06:35 PM
    Just cured my self from this issue - replaced the keyboard and no more double typing for now. SQN100-5.

However, the new keyboard feels softer and it has uneven backlit (stronger on the bottom left side). The first let down from my first BlackBerry. Verry serious let down considering keyboards is what they are famous for.

Either way, I barely made it through one work day without it and if it brakes or I loose it I am buying a new one right away.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    02-21-14 05:50 PM
    So I've been off crackberry for about 8 months now because everything was going fine with my Q10 since I purchased it last summer. Came on to find out if this was a problem for me or everyone...not sure if this helps or makes it worse!

The double tapping appears to occur for a number of keys for me, but not all the time. I think I can trace it back the 10.2.1 update because it seems to be happening most recently, but I can't be sure.

I have done my research online and no one can definitively say if it's a software or hardware issue...I am BEYOND frustrated that this is a problem. As a blackberry loyalist who stayed on primarily for the keyboard all i can do now is shake my head. I don't want to have to send my device in. Ever. It doesn't matter how long it will take to get a new one.

This is such a load of crap.
    02-24-14 06:54 PM
    My phone has been doing it for months before tha update. Thought it was just me but I was wrong

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:22 PM
    My wife's Q10 started typing 0s all over. The key was ultra sensitive, almost to the point to feel like a touch screen key.
    It was so bad that after a while it would ad a 0 to every other letter you would push.
    We sent it for repairs last week. I think is a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:27 PM
    I got my first black Q10 in June 2013 new from my carrier. My double typing occurred some time in September. And in October, I started experiencing stiff keys and clicking keys (like there's some kind of obstruction beneath the keypads). So, I don't think it's the 10.2.1 update at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:16 PM
    I've had 2 phones changed due to double typing problems. In each case it started after about 5 months' intermediate use. They claimed to repair the phone in each instance but the problem persisted and so they replaced it. This is my 3rd phone in less than a year!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:20 AM
    I had a 9700 (2012) before and that happened when I dropped it many times or I played games too much. Now the answer button is missing. Like somebody ripped it out.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 12:28 AM
    My wife's Q10 started typing 0s all over. The key was ultra sensitive, almost to the point to feel like a touch screen key.
    It was so bad that after a while it would ad a 0 to every other letter you would push.
    We sent it for repairs last week. I think is a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    This very problem is indeed a hardware related problem! If a single key is extremely over-sensitive, the keyboard is more or less broken. They repair center will replace it and everything should be fine.

The other problem, a number of random keys which sometimes insert double characters is another problem. So far nobody knows whether this is hardware or software related. In my case, virtually every key already showed double-entries, I can't even tell if a specific key is doing this more than others. So either there is a malfunction with the whole keyboard, or the software might have a problem with interpreting the key entry.

02-25-14 12:13 PM
    My 't' key is doing this. I barely have to touch it to have it register. Really disappointed a hardware issue this obvious isn't being addressed. Also, I hate my carrier and the $35 fee they are going to try to charge me to get this fixed. Also, now I have to waste more of my time because when I called in they told me I had to go to a retailer for them to look at it.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:32 PM
    Where are these "repair shops" people are going to? The chintzy phone repair shops run by guys who watch youtube videos and order parts off ebay?

Posted via Q10
    02-25-14 01:36 PM
    Where are these "repair shops" people are going to? The chintzy phone repair shops run by guys who watch youtube videos and order parts off ebay?

Posted via Q10
    It's actually that easy believe it or not, as long as you have the right tools.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    02-25-14 02:45 PM
    Update: they offered me a Curve while I was the 3-6 weeks repair time.

I think I'll void my warranty and replace it myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 04:37 PM
    Update: they offered me a Curve while I was the 3-6 weeks repair time.

I think I'll void my warranty and replace it myself.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly: I'd do the same. It's nice they're offering a replacement phone, however my current micro-SIM wouldn't even fit into the Curve.
    In addition imagine you don't have a BIS plan or, typical around here, you're on a reseller type of carrier who doesn't even offer BIS options.

Have a look around here on the forums and on YouTube, there are experience reports about keyboard replacement and links to videos showing how to take appart the Q10.

02-25-14 04:46 PM
2,502 ... 910111213 ...