Hey everyone,

I am a long time fan of these forums and have been visiting them frequently ever since Blackberry was on top of the market share way back when and I finally decided to make an account because I definitely feel that now is the right time to do so.

Why?

I'll tell you why.

Recently or more so, today, I just bought my Blackberry Q10 (T-Mobile) and I must say that it is amazing. Whether it is the physical keyboard or the operating system, it is definitely a huge leap from the old Blackberries of the past and it finally makes me proud to say that Blackberry has a bright future ahead. Now, I own several high end Android devices such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Google Nexus 4 and HTC One but when I say this Blackberry Q10 beats them all, I really mean it. The reason for this is the physical keyboard and the fluidity of the operating system itself. When I use my Q10, I don't think "Oh wow, this has a dual core cpu." Actually, I don't even think about any specs at all! It's that great. Compared to my Android phones, I often found myself buying the latest and greatest to get a smooth experience from Android. Don't get me wrong, Android is pretty smooth straight out of the box and the different user interfaces from different companies such as Samsung and HTC don't really bother me that much but often more than not, I found a lot of those UI's and features...useless to me anyways. Yeah, some Android devices have huge 1080p screens, dual audio, etc, but that was cool when I first bought them. Afterwards, I didn't really care much for those "features."

The one thing I really like about this device is the hdmi port. I never got why other manufacturers couldn't just put a simple hdmi port! Seriously, this should be basic!

The call quality and speakers from this device is what you should expect from a Blackberry.

Apps? Honestly, when I was using my Android devices I never really found myself in that much need of that many apps. On my Android devices, across the board, I only have apps that can stream music, an amazon app and a craigslist app. So far the app world in Blackberry 10 has TuneIn, Songza, Slacker Radio and Apollo. That works enough for me. As for the amazon and craigslist app, I have them sideloaded on my playbook and they work perfectly. They also work perfectly on the Q10.

One important thing to note is that when I used my Android devices whether it was this device or another, I never really used it as a "multimedia" device. I only watched youtube when I took BART and I never played any games nor did I care for them. I found myself using it as a communication device. Now, I can say that I have one of the best communication devices out there.

Another plus is that...NO MORE BIS! Honestly, I could never find myself liking BIS. Some love it, I didn't. Whether it was the "premium" data service that was super compressed and slow or the fact that you couldn't switch between phones because your data plan wouldn't work on other non BIS devices, good thing it's gone!

If anyone has any questions with the T-Mobile variant of the Blackberry Q10, ask away!

Great device!
    06-07-13 11:20 PM
    Welcome back. I'm glad that you are happy with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:24 PM
    as someone who has owned the note 2, n4, htc one x, and ip5 in the past year, i am very excited for the q10 and i appreciate your opinion! it makes my decision to switch even sweeter!
    06-07-13 11:25 PM
    Came from those as well and the Q10 is awesome! The Q10's screen is really good.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:28 PM
    Glad you like it. Hope where I work will upgrade my WorkBerry from 9900 to Q10 soon. Meanwhile, I am rocking a Z10 as personal PlayBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:30 PM
    The screen is fantastic! Honestly, the screen size doesn't bother me at all. I personally think this is one of the best, if not, the best form factors out for a phone. It definitely takes you back to the candy bar phone era when everyone would text underneath their desks at school or actually use their phones as a calling device and not a lemmetweetinstafacepathvine you.
    06-07-13 11:36 PM
    I'm also coming from a Note 2, iP5, etc....and to be honest I'm having difficulty adjusting to the Q10. in preparation for the arrival of the Q10, I had switched back to a 9930 last week. While I didn't find myself missing iOS or Android really, I did like the keyboard, etc.

My Q10 arrived today, and I'm not sure what to think yet. It is good for all the reasons listed, yet I find myself nitpicking other items. For example, when using BBM to compose a message, it really looks like the UI was taken directly from the Z10 and merely smashed down to fit the Q screen. There is a huge smiley face taking up about 1/5 of the typing area, and I have yet to figure out a way to make it go away. Also, the whole UI looks cluttered with photos, contact icons, smileys, clocks, and a huge paper clip. I also counted six different fonts in use on a single screen. I don't know; this isn't an attempt to denigrate the device or to throw stones, more just a stream of consciousness about the whole thing.

Hopefully the experience will grow on me and I'll come to love it as I have loved BBs in the past.

Posted via CB10
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    06-08-13 12:57 AM
    Since I posted the above reply, I must say the Q10 has really, really grown on me. I spent more time with it over the weekend and yesterday, and I think it will probably take over as my daily driver.

I have gotten over most of my above complaints such as the font smorgasbord, the obnoxious smiley face, and several other things. In daily use these things have become non-issues.

What I have gained however, is proficiency and efficiency while communicating with others. As in days past, I'm able to reply to emails in real-time rather than just reading and not doing anything about them. Jotting a note to myself has become second nature, and just using the qwerty has been reborn as a guilty little pleasure, as geeky as that sounds.

While I have not lost sight of the advantages of android and iOS, I have achieved my original goal of getting back to a device based on communication first and consumption second. It is not a stretch to say I am more connected to my friends and family than I was just last week.

To anyone wondering about making the transition, it could be very worth your while. I don't wear rose-colored glasses about the situation BlackBerry is in as a company or about the significant hurdles it must overcome to regain a fighting chance of staying afloat. However, my outlook is more optimistic than it was two weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:56 AM
    Hey everyone,

I am a long time fan of these forums and have been visiting them frequently ever since Blackberry was on top of the market share way back when and I finally decided to make an account because I definitely feel that now is the right time to do so.

Why?

I'll tell you why.

Recently or more so, today, I just bought my Blackberry Q10 (T-Mobile) and I must say that it is amazing. Whether it is the physical keyboard or the operating system, it is definitely a huge leap from the old Blackberries of the past and it finally makes me proud to say that Blackberry has a bright future ahead. Now, I own several high end Android devices such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Google Nexus 4 and HTC One but when I say this Blackberry Q10 beats them all, I really mean it. The reason for this is the physical keyboard and the fluidity of the operating system itself. When I use my Q10, I don't think "Oh wow, this has a dual core cpu." Actually, I don't even think about any specs at all! It's that great. Compared to my Android phones, I often found myself buying the latest and greatest to get a smooth experience from Android. Don't get me wrong, Android is pretty smooth straight out of the box and the different user interfaces from different companies such as Samsung and HTC don't really bother me that much but often more than not, I found a lot of those UI's and features...useless to me anyways. Yeah, some Android devices have huge 1080p screens, dual audio, etc, but that was cool when I first bought them. Afterwards, I didn't really care much for those "features."

The one thing I really like about this device is the hdmi port. I never got why other manufacturers couldn't just put a simple hdmi port! Seriously, this should be basic!

The call quality and speakers from this device is what you should expect from a Blackberry.

Apps? Honestly, when I was using my Android devices I never really found myself in that much need of that many apps. On my Android devices, across the board, I only have apps that can stream music, an amazon app and a craigslist app. So far the app world in Blackberry 10 has TuneIn, Songza, Slacker Radio and Apollo. That works enough for me. As for the amazon and craigslist app, I have them sideloaded on my playbook and they work perfectly. They also work perfectly on the Q10.

One important thing to note is that when I used my Android devices whether it was this device or another, I never really used it as a "multimedia" device. I only watched youtube when I took BART and I never played any games nor did I care for them. I found myself using it as a communication device. Now, I can say that I have one of the best communication devices out there.

Another plus is that...NO MORE BIS! Honestly, I could never find myself liking BIS. Some love it, I didn't. Whether it was the "premium" data service that was super compressed and slow or the fact that you couldn't switch between phones because your data plan wouldn't work on other non BIS devices, good thing it's gone!

If anyone has any questions with the T-Mobile variant of the Blackberry Q10, ask away!

Great device!
    BIS data always has worked on non BIS devices, but just functions as a normal data plan

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:03 AM