Good day everybody,

I think 2 weeks ago i bought my first phone ever. I bought the BlackBerry Q10. I really like the phone. I was afraid that when i will walk outside somebody will steel it from me. It happen once that people took my wallet. So when i go away a short time i left the phone at home. Today somebody went in my house when i was away for 2 hours. Off course they took my phone.

When i bought the BlackBerry i install BlackBerry Protect. Can somebody explain me or help me with some info?
    Is it possible for example that i still can see my phone even they will do a factory reset? When can i locate it? Only when they turn on the WIFI? Or is BlackBerry not usefull now? Hopefully i will get it back by locating it because it was too much money for me, it will take me another year to save it again.

Cheers
    01-05-15 06:23 AM
    Hopefully you had BlackBerry Protect turned on on the device.

Just login to BlackBerry Protect website by typing in your BlackBerry ID and just see what happens.

Even if the device is now off or out of battery, it would have "checked in" periodically with BlackBerry Protect, so you may have a recent location.

If the thief is smart and you had no password setup, he could have factory wiped the device or changed the BlackBerry ID.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-05-15 06:32 AM
    I haven't logged into protect in awhile, but if I remember, you can lock and wipe your phone making it unusable.

An NRA supporter
    01-05-15 07:53 AM
    Thanks for the time both. My phone has already a lock. I saw in Blackberry Protect that once you wipe the BlackBerry it is not possible anymore to search where the phone is. So for now this is not an option then.
    01-06-15 05:59 AM