Getting really tired of seeing this and its variants.

So finally moved up from a 9930, and I still don't have a device with advanced enough OS to use features so many others are using.

Any word on when Sprint will push 10.3 for their Q10s?
    12-13-14 12:48 PM
    Put 10.3.1 on the phone yourself without losing any data or Settings using a computer, Sachesi and a Blitz file containing the OS. Download links are in the OS Leaks forum on CrackBerry.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-13-14 12:57 PM
    ... and that won't mess up the phone or void my contract with Sprint?

BlackBerry OS 10.3 or Higher Is Required to Use This Feature-gg64147068.jpg
    12-13-14 04:50 PM
    ... and that won't mess up the phone or void my contract with Sprint?
    Make a full backup in Link and if something goes wrong you can reload 10.2.1 with Link and restore your data and settings back the way they were.

Your carrier won't care that you have upgraded your phone's OS unless you call them for support, then just pretend you're still on 10.2.1

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    12-13-14 05:00 PM
    Alright, I'll try it.

But if this backfires, I'll be coming back here to post unsavory things.
    SPNKr likes this.
    12-13-14 05:09 PM
    Have fun!

Passport on Wind
    12-13-14 05:47 PM
    Make sure to read everything and be very careful in installing the OS.

It's working fine for a lot of people, so if it gets messed up, it was probably on your end.

Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

Passport on Wind
    12-13-14 05:48 PM
    Okay, so found this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1155-a-978717/

... but it makes little to no sense to me and looks like an open invitation to permanently %$^k up my phone.

My programming is sadly limited to 1980s Basic and a smattering of C++ in a community college course, so I'm clearly uncomfortable with doing something that looks like it has a good possibility of bricking my currently-working phone.

Unless someone with a Sprint Q10 can indicate they've upgraded their device to 10.3x, I'll pass until Sprint actually pushes the upgrade.
    12-13-14 05:48 PM
    Okay, so found this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1155-a-978717/

... but it makes little to no sense to me and looks like an open invitation to permanently %$^k up my phone.

My programming is sadly limited to 1980s Basic and a smattering of C++ in a community college course, so I'm clearly uncomfortable with doing something that looks like it has a good possibility of bricking my currently-working phone.

Unless someone with a Sprint Q10 can indicate they've upgraded their device to 10.3x, I'll pass until Sprint actually pushes the upgrade.
    I'll give you the *dumb proof* route. Search the forum for sachesi, download the latest version on your PC. Search the forum for the latest *Blitz* file (I'll post links if you can't find them.

Once sachesi is installed, and the blitz file is downloaded, unzip the blitz file, plug your phone, open sachesi, make sure sachesi detects your phone in the *install* tab.

Then just drag the Blitz file onto sachesi and let your phone be for an hour, hour and a half. Once it's done, your phone will reboot (it'll take close to 20 minutes to reboot, it's normal, don't panic.)

And voil�, you're done!

Good luck!

Or, you can just run an autoloader, it'll take 10 minutes. The good thing with sachesi upgrades your phone non-destructively, meaning that all your apps, contact, etc. Won't be deleted.
    Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:55 PM
    Did some searching and finding unstable versions and none which work on a Mac (this computer) without Windows emulation.
    12-13-14 05:58 PM
    What features are you hoping to use in 10.3? Hopefully not Blend because that won't work on your Q10.
    12-13-14 05:59 PM
    What features are you hoping to use in 10.3? Hopefully not Blend because that won't work on your Q10.
    That was among them. Was chiefly looking to be able to blacklist specific phone numbers, which is something that specifically requires 10.3. It does appear that the risk badly outweighs any possible reward though.
    12-13-14 06:09 PM
    That was among them. Was chiefly looking to be able to blacklist specific phone numbers, which is something that specifically requires 10.3. It does appear that the risk badly outweighs any possible reward though.
    The risk of destroying your phone is pretty minimal. Does your carrier have any blocking available?
    12-13-14 06:14 PM
    The risk of destroying your phone is pretty minimal. Does your carrier have any blocking available?
    For a charge, yes. Would rather avoid paying it.

Blacklisting is a nice feature I enjoyed on my 9930, for no extra charge. Sadly, upgrading to a newer phone did away with it ... without paying extra to the carrier.
    12-13-14 06:16 PM
    Well, the update will be out in about a month. Target time is end of December to middle of January or so.

Passport on Wind
    12-13-14 07:50 PM
    For a charge, yes. Would rather avoid paying it.

Blacklisting is a nice feature I enjoyed on my 9930, for no extra charge. Sadly, upgrading to a newer phone did away with it ... without paying extra to the carrier.
    Yeah, there were a few features from BBOS that didn't make it into BB10. Seems like BB is slowly adding back in some of those. Homescreen keyboard shortcuts are one of them, though they now take a long-press to activate.

As far as call blocking, I just looked at settings and the Call Block function is greyed out and when I click on it, it says feature is unavailable with my carrier. So, the feature is back in 10.3.1.1154 but I still can't use it. I'm hoping that's because it's a leak.
    12-14-14 01:53 PM
    Yeah, there were a few features from BBOS that didn't make it into BB10. Seems like BB is slowly adding back in some of those. Homescreen keyboard shortcuts are one of them, though they now take a long-press to activate.

As far as call blocking, I just looked at settings and the Call Block function is greyed out and when I click on it, it says feature is unavailable with my carrier. So, the feature is back in 10.3.1.1154 but I still can't use it. I'm hoping that's because it's a leak.
    Blackberry just offered one "blocking calls" app in their free give away campaign. It's called max call blocker or so....

Or just follow the freaking easy way of an blitz update http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-978749/

You don't need any knowledge than just how to plug in your cellphone and how to unzip a file

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:15 PM
    It's really not that hard at all. Download sachesi to use with Mac and follow the instructions everyone is giving you. You're not programming or writing code. Or you could wait for sprint to release the os. Just because BlackBerry is pushing the update soon doesn't mean the us carriers are going to push it right after.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:15 PM
    Wife's Note IV got an OS push that fouled up her phone (touch screen now disabled), so my Q10 is the only stable phone in the household.

For that reason, will forego any adventurous side-loading of a new OS.
    12-14-14 08:44 PM
    Im a total dumb f#ck and ive had a Q10 for two years now and always shied away from downloading leaks but Sprint made me lose it ans so i went ahead and did it never looked back now im on number 3! Just put on 10.3.1.1154 easy like sunday morning downloaded the autoloader downloaded winzip plugged my phone via usb when its connected opened the file extracted it with win zip sat back and watched it work like magic!
    Tarvericu likes this.
    12-14-14 09:33 PM
    Wife's Note IV got an OS push that fouled up her phone (touch screen now disabled), so my Q10 is the only stable phone in the household.

For that reason, will forego any adventurous side-loading of a new OS.
    Hit Blackberry world - free app for the holidays - Call Blocker Pro
    12-15-14 09:23 AM
    Okay, so found this:http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1155-a-978717/... but it makes little to no sense to me and looks like an open invitation to permanently %$^k up my phone.My programming is sadly limited to 1980s Basic and a smattering of C++ in a community college course, so I'm clearly uncomfortable with doing something that looks like it has a good possibility of bricking my currently-working phone.Unless someone with a Sprint Q10 can indicate they've upgraded their device to 10.3x, I'll pass until Sprint actually pushes the upgrade.
    For future reference, this 'how to' post may be helpful for you just as it was for me: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11079065
    12-15-14 12:01 PM
    It doesn't matter if it's Sprint device or not.

It's More Fun using Blackberry Q10 - 10.3.1.1154
    12-15-14 12:08 PM