Blackberry needs come up with an update for its BB10 devices, especially the Q10, that has been plagued with brightness issues since launch. This problem will affect sales for an otherwise fantastic device. Not responding to customers concerns is simply not the way forward at this crucial time.
    richardat likes this.
    05-27-13 03:49 AM
    I can't see a brightness problem on my device.

People are simply used to shiny LCD instead of AMOLED.
    The display is perfect as it is.
    Snazy likes this.
    05-27-13 03:57 AM
    Brightness is perfectly fine on both Z/Q

from an australian Z10...
    Snazy likes this.
    05-27-13 04:01 AM
    The less backlight you use, the better for the battery!!!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-27-13 04:39 AM
    Blackberry needs come up with an update for its BB10 devices, especially the Q10, that has been plagued with brightness issues since launch. This problem will affect sales for an otherwise fantastic device. Not responding to customers concerns is simply not the way forward at this crucial time.
    What is the brightness issue then? Haven't heard about it yet...
    05-27-13 04:53 AM
    I havent heard any problems on Z10's brightness. And I agree with @moosbb less brightness less battery consumption. hihihi
    Jake Storm likes this.
    05-27-13 04:58 AM
    Just come back to bb world with z10. I don't find any issue. Actually like the auto brightness. Coz I can still see the screen even outside. I have the brightness turn all the way down.
    05-27-13 05:17 AM
    N� issue on my q10 also ...
    05-27-13 05:22 AM
    I think you got a bad q10 bro

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:29 AM
    BB Fan boys/girls need to understand that the reality is Blackberry has failed to give the customer the right to adjust the screen the way he/she wants. These handsets cost money and taking away the right to fine tune the brightness to your own liking is simply wrong. Manufacturers cannot assume everyone prefers the handset to determine their brightness liking. It is simply daft of Blackberry to deprive its users of such an all important function. Especially when the Auto-Brightness function itself is so badly implemented. Give customers the option and let them fine tune it the way they want. Everyone has their preference when it comes to screen brightness.

The company should correct this anomaly immediately as it doesn't go down well with most people, and might even hamper sales of the device. To simply dismiss those with genuine concerns is absurd, just because you are ok with your device. So no need to try to justify this wrong by claiming your device's brightness is ok. It is simply not!!
    kbz1960, kevinnugent and richardat like this.
    05-27-13 05:30 AM
    Who the cuss are all these whiny buggers?
    05-27-13 05:33 AM
    why start a new topic repeating the same old stuff when a quick search shows one already exists?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...el-q10-808915/
    Last edited by alpha beta gaga; 05-27-13 at 06:14 AM.
    05-27-13 05:51 AM
    BB Fan boys/girls need to understand that the reality is Blackberry has failed to give the customer the right to adjust the screen the way he/she wants. These handsets cost money and taking away the right to fine tune the brightness to your own liking is simply wrong. Manufacturers cannot assume everyone prefers the handset to determine their brightness liking. It is simply daft of Blackberry to deprive its users of such an all important function. Especially when the Auto-Brightness function itself is so badly implemented. Give customers the option and let them fine tune it the way they want. Everyone has their preference when it comes to screen brightness.

The company should correct this anomaly immediately as it doesn't go down well with most people, and might even hamper sales of the device. To simply dismiss those with genuine concerns is absurd, just because you are ok with your device. So no need to try to justify this wrong by claiming your device's brightness is ok. It is simply not!!
    Right, so I asked you, in all honesty, what the issue was, and you have to go on a rant, calling me a fanboy (as if that were necessarily a bad thing, but as you meant it as an insult, I'll take it for one). You didn't make yourself clear in your original post, which is something that would happen to, for instance, a whining little ***** seeking attention.
    So, now that i finally know what your issue is, I actually agree that it would be better if we had a choice. It never was a problem for me personally, I like the brightness just fine, but I recognize that it could be a problem for somebody else.
    However, I don't think that it hurts sales much. I think it would have hurt sales much more if there had been no auto adjust and all average users were draining their batteries like crazy, resulting in negative reviews.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    05-27-13 06:00 AM

Hmm seriously if autobrightness is the only problem that has to be fixed... then BB is doing great! Its incredible how so many people brings up minor details and say that BB will fail cause of that.

Also to be honest, I don't really see the difference between the brightness adjustments of my Z10 and the 9900
    05-27-13 07:23 AM
    Mine brightness is perfectly fine. I have my Z10 on the darkest level possible.
    05-27-13 07:32 AM
    I agree. When I sit my Z and Q side by side, the Q's max brightness is about half of the Z. is that inherent in AMOLED technology?
    05-27-13 07:52 AM
    What the hell are you going on about? If I have an issue with screen brightness I adjust it in settings. Most of us spot a troll when we see one. That would be you.
    westiewanderer and Jake Storm like this.
    05-27-13 08:10 AM
    have to keep mine mid-level, since i think it can get too bright for my eyes. ill tell you, my PS Vita has sh*t screenlighting, compared to the BB. cant even see the PS screen when im outside!
    05-27-13 08:18 AM
    Who the cuss are all these whiny buggers?
    Another reason why some people don't post!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-27-13 08:21 AM

Well if we are all fanboys I guess that makes you a TROLL, since you can manually control the brightness of the screen. on both the Z10 and Q10. If you dont know the difference between the LCD and Amoled screens educate your self or maybe my flip phone I had back 2000 is more up your alley?
    westiewanderer likes this.
    05-27-13 08:42 AM
    Troll a lol a lol a lol lol lol
    05-27-13 08:48 AM
    Troll a lol a lol a lol lol lol
    Definately a troll post...jumped on here and went off on the Q10 of all things...and doesnt even seem to know the difference between a super-amoled screen and an LCD screen LOL. Well done troll, well done!
    05-27-13 09:00 AM

What are you on about man. You can adjust the brightness as you want. If BlackBerry had a forum dunce hat, you would be rocking that look right now. Haha

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:07 AM
    So go in to settings and adjust the brigjtness. Dont understand your problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:29 AM
    Fine on my z10 and q10

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-27-13 10:40 AM
85 123 ...