Okay so I was kinda impressed at the Blackberry10 maps changing over from OS6's. It guided me to where I needed to with the robotic voice.

So a second time I tried it, it stopped giving me voice navigations. Only giving me a beep like sound at each check point things.

1. I checked and rebooted BBMaps a couple of times, settings for Voice navigations are on, not using tone.

2. Cleared History, Cleared App data. Still doesn't speak.

3. The only thing prior to this that I did to my Q10 was playing with Voice Control.

Any one has similar issues?

Thanks!
    07-20-13 11:28 PM
    No I don't... I wonder if you have BT enabled and if you switched to AUX (or similar) in your car if voice would be there.
    07-21-13 12:30 AM
    Nope, no bluetooth device. Though if I had one, I'd be wearing it if it was driving. But thanks!

Some update: One day after I kept trying, the woman in my Q10 came back to her post.. I hope she stays there.

Oh maybe something like this, I was hitting help etc options. Then my Q10 just flashed out with horizontal lines. It rebooted... for some weird reason. Maybe it's the woman coming back to my Q10.
    07-21-13 08:12 AM
    There is a setting in it for voice or beeps. Find that setting and you will find your answer

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:45 AM
    I have same problem and in my case i have voice checked.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:42 AM
    Yes, I had the problem when I was having Voice Navigation option checked. Toggled to Tone and back, which didn't quite work. So it was the same problem with the above.
    07-22-13 09:25 AM
    Do you have any android apps sideloaded? In particular, Skype or Google maps? I have had similar problems when I have run one of the mentioned android apps (sideloaded) - when I go back to running BB Maps, I have no voice. A reset should clear this bug though.
    07-22-13 10:05 AM
    Do you have any android apps sideloaded? In particular, Skype or Google maps? I have had similar problems when I have run one of the mentioned android apps (sideloaded) - when I go back to running BB Maps, I have no voice. A reset should clear this bug though.
    Thanks for helping. No, i do not have any Android apps sideloaded. By reset you mean security wipe or restart?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:43 PM
    Thanks for helping. No, i do not have any Android apps sideloaded. By reset you mean security wipe or restart?

Posted via CB10
    No, no, not a security wipe. Just a restart. Press and hold power button but release before it counts down to 1. Then click on Restart. Hopefully that should clear whatever is causing the bug. Once you are back up, run BlackBerry Maps and see if the volume issue persists.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:56 PM
    I have noticed that sometimes that the voice navigation will sometimes stop giving verbal instructions in the middle of a trip.

It hasn't happened enough times for me to be sure, but it seems like it happens if the Maps app is minimized for some reason (like switching to the Hub to check an incoming text, or switching to the browser to check on movie times). Then, when the Maps app is maximized again, there are no audible voice instructions.

Sometimes hitting the "Mute" button for the audio trip instructions, to activate and then deactivate the mute function, caused the audio to become active again. Try it out.
    07-22-13 05:10 PM
    I had that problem too and resetting helped.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 05:38 AM
    i was impressed with the turn by turn and then when i tried it again the voice did not work. i checked it to be sure if i had change the settings but it was still on voice, im still glad that we have some sort of turn by turn but i hope they get or sort out why its losing voice. also would like to see a navigation program where you can download mas without having to use data.
    08-17-13 08:54 AM
    Blackberry help details how to select tone or voice...

Open the map application, then swipe down from the top of the window and you can see a settings icon...
    Select settings icon and audio navigation option is in the list. Select audio navigation and check the required box..

If you choose voice it should work immediately...
    10-04-16 06:52 AM