Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 226
Like Tree185Likes
  1. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,751 Global Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Perfect. And that is jingoism. And a clear sign that you are ignoring the fact that BlackBerry needs the US market desperately. Why not think about it. When BlackBerry lost the US, their decline accelerated. BlackBerry isn't (yet) making cheap phones (like the 8500 series) to fill the need in developing countries. They need the US. You may not (and thanks for insulting your largest trading partner, but that's OK). You may know a lot about your favorite Canadian company, but you don't know ANYTHING about global marketing. Or much of anything else, from reading this post.
    Alright, I have had enough of you.
    From reading that post, you suddenly know all of knowledge?
    Didn't think so, I am at least putting points up.
    You are just declining everything I say, without even proving yourself.
    From now on, I will not be responding to any of your posts.
    Have I really been here for three years?
    Thanked by:
    bungaboy (02-08-2013) 
    bungaboy likes this.
  2. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts
    #27  

    Default

    You are adding to your post count, nothing more. Saying the US is not important to BlackBerry and their survival is folly.
    But you've had enough of me, which of course is fine.

    BTW - well written post. Shows anger. Misdirected, of course. Aim the anger at your beloved BlackBerry.
    jdhooghe and BBKrzy like this.
  3. tomsobon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    277 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post
    they launched because they are selling.........right now....OK not in the US.....but was Blackberry supposed to sell and then do a launch after already selling for weeks?
    Not saying that, i'm saying Blackberry should have been on top of the game with the carriers, and know exactly what were the needs of every single country. It's good they are selling, it would have been better to synchronize a global launch as i said in my previous replies...

    Why isn't Apple facing similar problems when launching? because they just do it better, period...
    adjdudley21 likes this.
  4. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    RIM global market share of sold smartphones in Q1 of 2009 = 20%
    In Q4 of 2009, RIM added 3.9 million BlackBerry subscribers and made 1.89 Billion in profit.
    In Q4 of 2012, RIM lost some 2 million subscribers (the first subscriber loss in the company's history) and lost 9 million dollars more than they brought in.
    Points are true, though as the old saying, goes, there are lies damned lies and statistics. ;-)

    And globally, they have been in a downward spiral every since the United States moved on.
    It's not quite as simple as that. The issues in the US have been for a while, though the losses are more recent.

    Also to put in perspective - the market was much smaller.

    At the end of 2008, they had 21 million customers. By then, the iPhone had been on the market a year and a half and Android was looming. In their last quarter, they had 79 million.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Thanked by:
    walt63 (02-08-2013) 
    bungaboy likes this.
  5. silversun10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,283 Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomsobon View Post
    Not saying that, i'm saying Blackberry should have been on top of the game with the carriers, and know exactly what were the needs of every single country. It's good they are selling, it would have been better to synchronize a global launch as i said in my previous replies...

    Why isn't Apple facing similar problems when launching? because they just do it better, period...
    tell me what should Blackberry do launch before selling or after? what choice is there?
  6. tomsobon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    277 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post
    tell me what should Blackberry do launch before selling or after? what choice is there?
    ah, well now since things are the way they are, there's not much choice, you just do what you can do.

    i'm criticizing the build up period before launch, they did a mistake that's it, they underestimated many important aspects...

    what's left for me at this moment? well this forum, i can let my frustration out on how I would have liked the "blackberry come back" to be...
    adjdudley21 likes this.
  7. BThunderW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    821 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    For so many people in US "hating" BlackBerry there is sure a lot of whining "where's mine" threads popping up. It's sad to see how people have lost any kind of patience and are only concerned with instant gratification.
    Thanked by 3:
    avatsaev (02-17-2013),  BoldtotheMax (02-08-2013),  cjcampbell (02-08-2013) 
  8. BoldtotheMax's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,062 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,063 Global Posts
    #33  

    Default re: Blackberry lost face on product release

    Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    For so many people in US "hating" BlackBerry there is sure a lot of whining "where's mine" threads popping up. It's sad to see how people have lost any kind of patience and are only concerned with instant gratification.
    This to the tee! It really is a shame.

    I mean I understand frustration and all that, but some of ya are getting real personal in here and making it a US vs insert country here..

    Cant we all just get along? Lol!

    Sent from a galaxy far away!
  9. DJM626's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,074 Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    What does me being Canadian have to do with anything? Are you trying to say that because I'm Canadian, I obviously know less about a Canadian company?
    Of course being on the US market would be good for them, and once BB10 is released there their 3rd position will be stronger.
    I'm saying the US isn't fully needed, the US is nice for marketing, once people get their hands on a device they talk about it.
    I'm saying if BlackBerry had a strong presence globally, they wouldn't need such as big presence in the US, where most people are too ignorant to change their view of a company.
    I'm not Canadian, but fully support BB till the very end. No matter what else releases phone wise, this is the only platform that I will ever be fully satisfied with. They could come out with quadruple quad core processors and that would not be enough to sway me! LOL A lot of people in the US are anxiously awaiting on this phone. Maybe BB doesn't need much in terms of US market share to be successful, but you have to admit every little bit of it helps. Does not matter where we are from
    evil.bunny likes this.
  10. geoffsdad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,586 Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Blackberry may be losing face, but you are showing your ( ; ). I wish the mods would create a "Vent" section and immediately move threads like this there. People can "cage match" away from the part of the community that is supporting each other.
  11. BBKrzy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    I feel your frustration i really do. You would think after what 2 years since releasing a bb keyboard phone they would really push on this one. IMHO their best move would have been to release the q10 first, it is the most anticipated one!
  12. rottonj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    865 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtech22 View Post
    You do realize that the phones have been released, right. Just because it is not in the USA doesn't mean it wasn't a real launch. Other companies also release in waves, it is not uncommon. But to say that they didn't deliver is not right, I have one.
    He is waiting for the Q10, you dont have the Q10. Nobody does
  13. dbmalloy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,541 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    6 whole posts....... HMMMMM...... only section I would address is when the carriers recieved their units... that was Oct 31 2012....is it BB fault for how long a device takes to be tested........
  14. ShaggyM8's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtech22 View Post
    You do realize that the phones have been released, right. Just because it is not in the USA doesn't mean it wasn't a real launch. Other companies also release in waves, it is not uncommon. But to say that they didn't deliver is not right, I have one.
    Agreed, I mean look at Apple and China. Apple has potentially a very large customer group in China, but they release the iPhone's months after it is first released in U.S.A. There's no need to trip over BlackBerry's strategy, and there's nothing we can do to have the U.S. carriers to have it any sooner. Patience is a mother-loving virtue.
  15. blanc71's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmalloy View Post
    6 whole posts....... HMMMMM...... only section I would address is when the carriers recieved their units... that was Oct 31 2012....is it BB fault for how long a device takes to be tested........
    How do you know carriers got the Q10 for testing on Oct 31??
  16. ealvnv's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,333 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,339 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomsobon View Post
    This is unacceptable... I'm sorry Blackberry but you lost your face… once again...
    How can you have a launch presentation and not deliver the phones before months??? What is wrong with this company?? And guys trust me, I’m a big fan of blackberry, had 6 different phones and still on BB 9790 waiting for the Q10… but come on once again you screwed things up and I don’t know how long I will keep defending you...

    Carrier tests in the US take a few months? OF COURSE IT DOES, and Thorsten don’t come out in public like a beaten up puppy saying that you didn’t know about it… you’ve been building phones for over 10 years, you should have all details about any carriers tests GLOBALLY…
    I did somehow understand that the company wanted to focus its attention on the Touchscreen device, since it’s innovative and should be the flagship product going forward. But YOU CANNOT release the QWERTY model 4 to 5 months after presentation. What the **** have you been doing for the last year?? Weren’t you suppose to prepare this make it or break it come back?? Well guess what, this looks bad... and again just so you understand I’m a BIIIIIGGGG fan of blackberry…

    The frustration keeps building… These delays just show that you HAVEN’T done what you were supposed to do.
    Plain Wrong the phone was available the day after the announcement, now i would it been better to have it already in the US? yes it would, but the fact is that it is already available in some markets, mind you the strongest for BlackBerry, not defending anyone i got your point, but still you are wrong
    Z30 on AT&T - OS 10.2.XXXX as a daily driver
    HTC ONE Google Play Edition, Nokia Lumia 1020, Iphone 5S for development and testing.
    Ipad Mini with Retina for fun
    Thunderbuck likes this.
  17. Whitecaps's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Its really is a blunder imo
  18. bb624's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    719 Posts
    PIN
    330e6cee
    #43  

    Default

    I would love for blackberry to become 3,2 or 1 without the US! I'm from the USA and disgusted with the US carriers. Try to find info on z10 on any US carrier website, not easy. Shame on all of them. I've called all of them several times regarding z10 availability, not one of them could or would provide any information or hope for a release date..
  19. blanc71's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Plain Wrong the phone was available the day after the announcement, now i would it been better to have it already in the US? yes it would, but the fact is that it is already available in some markets, mind you the strongest for BlackBerry, not defending anyone i got your point, but still you are wrong
    The Q10 is not available in any market right now and won't be until April.
  20. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,283 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    If they don't regain the US market, they might as well put up the For Sale sign.
    Actually, BB could survive without the US market. They remained profitable in 2012 on pretty much every other market BUT the US.

    Clearly, it's better for them to get that market back, and that means making sure everything is in place.

    Now, consider this: Verizon's CEO just said yesterday words to the effect of "testing is going ahead of schedule, and we're moving the launch up to mid-March". I could take that at face value, or I COULD interpret that as "we wanted to see how this phone would be received in other markets before we committed".

    Personally, I'm fairly certain that the delay for the US launch wasn't BB's choosing.





    "Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
  21. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,283 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blanc71 View Post
    The Q10 is not available in any market right now and won't be until April.
    I'm betting Canada will see it before April. Carriers are already taking pre-orders.





    "Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
  22. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,283 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBKrzy View Post
    I feel your frustration i really do. You would think after what 2 years since releasing a bb keyboard phone they would really push on this one. IMHO their best move would have been to release the q10 first, it is the most anticipated one!
    You're not the first one to voice that sentiment. This was a deliberate decision, though, and there were some good reasons for it.
    • The overwhelming market right now is for full-touch phones. BB had to prove it could build a competitive product. Had they debuted BB10 on a keyboard phone, many users would have assumed that the touchscreen version was just some adapted version.
    • The full-touch OS was ready first. Are you suggesting it should have been held back?
    • While it's important to provide a keyboard model, it's clear from BB's market decline that it's a form-factor that's shrinking in popularity. Why serve your shrinking market first?
    • Had BB brought out the kb model first, there would have been WAAAAY louder criticism: "Can you believe they think people actually still USE those?!"


    The ideal: bring out low and mid-range models, kb AND full-touch, in every single market simultaneously. There's so much effort and money involved in doing that, though, that it's not necessarily worth it.





    "Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    alan510 likes this.
  23. SirJes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,300 Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomsobon View Post
    This is unacceptable... I'm sorry Blackberry but you lost your face… once again...
    How can you have a launch presentation and not deliver the phones before months??? What is wrong with this company?? And guys trust me, I’m a big fan of blackberry, had 6 different phones and still on BB 9790 waiting for the Q10… but come on once again you screwed things up and I don’t know how long I will keep defending you...

    Carrier tests in the US take a few months? OF COURSE IT DOES, and Thorsten don’t come out in public like a beaten up puppy saying that you didn’t know about it… you’ve been building phones for over 10 years, you should have all details about any carriers tests GLOBALLY…
    I did somehow understand that the company wanted to focus its attention on the Touchscreen device, since it’s innovative and should be the flagship product going forward. But YOU CANNOT release the QWERTY model 4 to 5 months after presentation. What the **** have you been doing for the last year?? Weren’t you suppose to prepare this make it or break it come back?? Well guess what, this looks bad... and again just so you understand I’m a BIIIIIGGGG fan of blackberry…

    The frustration keeps building… These delays just show that you HAVEN’T done what you were supposed to do.
    Phone was announced 30th of Jan...Phone is going to be released in march....4-5 months after presentation? lol amm.....
    9105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..
    Just A Berliever....

    Join Me On My Journey To Becoming A Hip/Hop Artiste!
    By Joining My Music Channel
  24. SparkyBC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    #49  

    Default

    The Q10 was NEVER going to be released at launch and was a well known fact. 4-5 months after? Not sure where you went to school but you are WAY off.
  25. taz323's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,908 Global Posts
    #50  

    Default re: Blackberry lost face on product release

    I am from the US and am I down about having to waite for Z10 and Q10, **** yeah, and the fact that the carrier I've been with forever, stated their not caring the z10 is way over the edge. but is BlackBerrys fault, doent think so.

    I blame the carriers, they have their heads so screwed up the other phones (phone) they are pushing BB aside.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 07:47 PM
  2. What do all the smiley faces on Blackberry Messenger mean?
    By Special K in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 01:10 PM
  3. Lost My BlackBerry Saturday- Waiting on DHL. Couple Questions to ask.
    By ClassaN0va in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
  4. Clock face on my 8100 screen
    By jackmac in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
  5. New to BlackBerry, need info on 8800
    By Dr. Strangelove in forum Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions