Exactly, I'm just looking at facts!!!
    I think he was agreeing with you, not dissing you, that blackberry's talk is cheap not yours.
    02-11-13 07:14 AM
    guys this thread was not about the release in the US particularly nor in any other region. I AM criticizing the launch overall, i would have expected something different for a make it or break it launch, and not a GHOST launch like we had...

some of you can criticize me, ask about how I manage my life even,,,, the fact is the blackberry community waited over 1yr for the blackberry renaissance, and although the handsets are good. for me it's a failed launch that's it

then some of you blame the carriers in the US for the delay?? is there a conspiracy theory against blackberry here?? or the company didn't pay enough attention to the length of the testing periods?? i guess the right answer is the second one...

this thread was not about the Z10 btw, it's a general topic on the expectations after a launch, that can be applied to a lot of businesses...

coming to the Q10, i do understand the need for blackberry to get recognized in the touch screen world... But let's be honest, how many blackberry lovers will switch to the Z10?? I'm with blackberry for the keyboard, and so are at least 90% of all blackberry users... so when i wait for months for the actual launch and shortly after i hear that i have to wait 3 months to get my qwerty phone, the frustration is evident..

that the Q10 was not planned to be released together with the Z10? FINE,,, 3months'??? NOT FINE, since we don't even know anything about it, the device is just not ready, carriers tests or no tests....

If I may add something that is not related to this particular thread, just for the fun: WTF is Alicia Keys doing with blackberry????

and to those who ask me why should i even defend blackberry when i said that i don't know how long my patience will last??
    well I'm sick and tired of arguing with android and iOs users day after day about the company.....

Some of you understanding me perfectly,, for the rest i don't know where you live and do, but if this was your company you wouldn't necessarily be very happy about it...
    Last edited by tomsobon; 02-11-13 at 08:29 AM.
    02-11-13 07:16 AM
    as big of a BlackBerry fan I am, I'm very disappointed in how things were handled... Z10 was being tested up until the announcement in NYC and then a few days later we find out that developers are due to be receiving the dev for the Q10 "soon". Hopefully this will give them time to fix some of the gripes I've had with BB10...
    02-11-13 09:09 AM
    I still maintain that it's the US carriers to blame.
    The Z10 was available to carriers for testing in October 2012.

If the US carriers were not among the 50 at that time, who's fault is that and why. They have had just as much time to prepare as all the rest. To be exact, they could have been testing 3 months prior to Launch.
    02-11-13 09:45 AM
    Agree.really disappointed in this GHOST launch case.
    Z10 and Q10 should have been released at the same time.and if rim DO have some difficulties on the release,then the BB fans like us can wait,but not so LONG.
    Jan 30,when rim has changed its name to BlackBerry,it said "one name one promise"
    so,KEEP your promise,GIVE us some confidence,since we've waited for a OS 10 device for years!
    release 3 or 4 months later than the launch is a joke,do not joke with your customers.i think sumsang and apple won't do this.
    it is said that sumsang S4 will be released in April,and other devices from the BlackBerry's competitors will be released soon.so if BlackBerry want to win,it should hurry up.It seems that those who needs a physical keyboard device won't easily buy a iphone or android,BUT if there is a very long time to wait,they just might change their minds at last.
    02-17-13 01:11 AM
    So, this launch is so bad, how about Microsoft and Nokia launching the 920in September even though it wasn't on sale until November?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 01:18 AM
    So, this launch is so bad, how about Microsoft and Nokia launching the 920in September even though it wasn't on sale until November?

Posted via CB10
    Or Samsung launching the Galaxy S4 on March 15th, but reportedly won't be available in North America until May or June? I guess Samsung is incompetent too?

Or maybe it's just the way US carriers work?
    02-17-13 01:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't care about them, Blackberry has to mess itself on the best, not on the worst... and timing around the Q10 might be a little disappointing. For sure there are good reasons for the given (expected) timeline, but for us waiting for the "real" BB10 device it's this doesn't make thinks better.
    02-17-13 02:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nokia and microsoft are two different companies,and WP8 is a new OS,so we can assume that more preparation needs to be done.
    Anyhow they managed to release 920 in 2 months,but i don't think RIM will release Q10 in any place of this planet(canada,uk,or us,etc.) in 3 or 4 months.
    02-17-13 02:33 AM
    I agree 100 % with the original poster. (Then the conversation deteriorated to which countries dong is bigger). The execution of the launch event was pretty poor (given that they had a year to plan it) That aside, the delay in the Q10 is pretty unacceptable. I'm a BB10 app developer and we were promised a Q10 (keyboard SDK) Dev kit I think November last year (if memory serves correctly) but we only got it launched last week. For developers to port their apps to the new form factor will take time (no matter how easy BlackBerry claims it will be) . For my app its pretty straightforward but I was playing superhexagon yesterday and for various other games, I imagine it will take quite a long time to scale application assets, test, etc. So even a March launch is looking a bit shaky, since the Dev kit has just launched and no one as far as I know even has a Dev alpha c device yet. And I'm guessing they will not launch with few/no apps compatible with the Q10! If they saw they were going to miss the deadline , surely a company as big as RIM BLACKBERRY can hire more developers to throw at the problem! A bit simplistic perhaps but it has worked in my firm (my day job is in a multinational firm) on several occasions. You are at risk of missing some deadline, so pull people off less critical projects onto the one that is at risk. Or get more Contractor developers in! (we don't need an "Astonishing" Calculator when Cut, Copy and paste on BB10 is a bit of a joke at the moment! And yes I'm typing this message on a Z10) The delay till March is pretty unacceptable.

I bought a Z10 day after it was launched. And will probably do the same when the Q10 is too. But not everyone will!

Having said that, I have played with a Q10, yes had an actual device in my hands, at the UK launch event (with of course incomplete software so I wasn't allowed to do much on it) and it's definitely a thing of beauty! It feels so good in the hands! So BlackBerry, stop making us loyal "Fanboys " wait. We can only wait so long before switching to something else. The world doesn't stand still while you get your act together. Typing this long rant on a touchscreen device took an age. We need a keyboard device built for a modern OS!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    rottonj likes this.
    02-17-13 03:36 AM
    I agree 100 % with the original poster. (Then the conversation deteriorated to which countries dong is bigger). The execution of the launch event was pretty poor (given that they had a year to plan it) That aside, the delay in the Q10 is pretty unacceptable. I'm a BB10 app developer and we were promised a Q10 (keyboard SDK) Dev kit I think November last year (if memory serves correctly) but we only got it launched last week. For developers to port their apps to the new form factor will take time (no matter how easy BlackBerry claims it will be) . For my app its pretty straightforward but I was playing superhexagon yesterday and for various other games, I imagine it will take quite a long time to scale application assets, test, etc. So even a March launch is looking a bit shaky, since the Dev kit has just launched and no one as far as I know even has a Dev alpha c device yet. And I'm guessing they will not launch with few/no apps compatible with the Q10! If they saw they were going to miss the deadline , surely a company as big as RIM BLACKBERRY can hire more developers to throw at the problem! A bit simplistic perhaps but it has worked in my firm (my day job is in a multinational firm) on several occasions. You are at risk of missing some deadline, so pull people off less critical projects onto the one that is at risk. Or get more Contractor developers in! (we don't need an "Astonishing" Calculator when Cut, Copy and paste on BB10 is a bit of a joke at the moment! And yes I'm typing this message on a Z10) The delay till March is pretty unacceptable.

I bought a Z10 day after it was launched. And will probably do the same when the Q10 is too. But not everyone will!

Having said that, I have played with a Q10, yes had an actual device in my hands, at the UK launch event (with of course incomplete software so I wasn't allowed to do much on it) and it's definitely a thing of beauty! It feels so good in the hands! So BlackBerry, stop making us loyal "Fanboys " wait. We can only wait so long before switching to something else. The world doesn't stand still while you get your act together. Typing this long rant on a touchscreen device took an age. We need a keyboard device built for a modern OS!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    yeah,carrier testing is not the only problem which will stop the release of Q10 , the Apps for Q10 are also not ready ! technically,it will take months to do this job,so i think even an April release is impossible(for any country).It seems that RIM don't care about Q10,at least not too much.One month delay is reasonable but 3 or 4 month will disappoint many people including big fans.
    02-17-13 04:27 AM
    im also disappointed and frustrated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-17-13 04:58 AM
    People it is up to RIM when it gets released by the carriers. I have already talked to verizon on more than one occasion and they told me RIM has not told them anything yet and that it is up to the company when it gets released.
    02-17-13 09:37 AM
    Exactly. I've never heard Apple give that excuse before. They just execute. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 03:39 PM
    Nokia and microsoft are two different companies,and WP8 is a new OS,so we can assume that more preparation needs to be done.
    Anyhow they managed to release 920 in 2 months,but i don't think RIM will release Q10 in any place of this planet(canada,uk,or us,etc.) in 3 or 4 months.
    Worldwide product launches aren't actually the easiest things to do. Even Apple lags in some markets when it launches. We'd been told the introduction would come in "waves", and that's exactly how it's worked. BB also made the point that they'd be launching in loyal markets, which suggests to me that the US should get it dead last.

EDIT: BTW, BB10 is also a "new OS", so doesn't the same apply here?

Since Telus has been taking pre-orders for over a week, I'm pretty sure we'll have the Q10 in March. That would suggest a 4-6 week lag. Is it really such a big deal?
    Cesare21 likes this.
    02-17-13 03:45 PM
    People it is up to RIM when it gets released by the carriers. I have already talked to verizon on more than one occasion and they told me RIM has not told them anything yet and that it is up to the company when it gets released.
    I call BS. Anyone who'd be in a position to actually know that wouldn't be sharing.
    02-17-13 03:47 PM
    The Z10 has not even been released yet (In the US) and won't be till march and the Q10 isn't supposed to be released till a few weeks after so were talking an april release for the Q10 if that. So yeah it is that bad esp. when we have been waiting for such a long time.
    02-17-13 03:56 PM
    People should be disappointed, for as long as this phone has already been delayed there is now an even longer wait. The Z10 isnt here yet and there are countless posts of things missing. Im not refering to doing them different from older BB's, they dont do them at all. Missing major apps, this is not a great start at all. Some will wait, others will be long gone to new phones. As a blackberry fan I am truely disappointed.
    BBKrzy and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-17-13 06:00 PM
    I feel the same exact way. Ill still maintain that once a few key apps launch the "carrier testing" will be over and the phones will launch soon after. This isnt the carriers its BlackBerry knowing if they show up in the U.S with the new and improved BlackBerry missing some key apps they will be crucified by the U.S media. When BlackBerry does show up they need to be locked and loaded with instagram and Skype.

This cannot be compared to windows phone because MS is not in a do or die situation, so what they did and did not launch with has zero to do with BlackBerry.
    People should be disappointed, for as long as this phone has already been delayed there is now an even longer wait. The Z10 isnt here yet and there are countless posts of things missing. Im not refering to doing them different from older BB's, they dont do them at all. Missing major apps, this is not a great start at all. Some will wait, others will be long gone to new phones. As a blackberry fan I am truely disappointed.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-17-13 08:09 PM
    guys this thread was not about the release in the US particularly nor in any other region. I AM criticizing the launch overall, i would have expected something different for a make it or break it launch, and not a GHOST launch like we had...

coming to the Q10, i do understand the need for blackberry to get recognized in the touch screen world... But let's be honest, how many blackberry lovers will switch to the Z10?? I'm with blackberry for the keyboard, and so are at least 90% of all blackberry users... so when i wait for months for the actual launch and shortly after i hear that i have to wait 3 months to get my qwerty phone, the frustration is evident..
    Exactly. QWERTY is what most folks are waiting for, otherise, why wait - go iPhone or Droid.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    02-17-13 09:05 PM
    Worldwide product launches aren't actually the easiest things to do. Even Apple lags in some markets when it launches. We'd been told the introduction would come in "waves", and that's exactly how it's worked. BB also made the point that they'd be launching in loyal markets, which suggests to me that the US should get it dead last.

EDIT: BTW, BB10 is also a "new OS", so doesn't the same apply here?

Since Telus has been taking pre-orders for over a week, I'm pretty sure we'll have the Q10 in March. That would suggest a 4-6 week lag. Is it really such a big deal?
    Sure,Q10 would come in "waves", and obviously the very first release won't happen in the US.I agree .
    but when CAN they release Q10 for the very first time no matter which country they choose? i think they are unable to do this wherever they can until May or even later,just because they won't be ready in a short time.A lot of things need to be done,carrier testing,Apps tweaking,etc.Probably,they don't have a good marketing plan for Q10 from the beginning. Z10 is all their concern.
    they shouldn't have launched the Q10 in Jan if this device won't be on sale until May or later.It's not a good
    decision.

PS:Dev Alpha A and Dev Alpha B were given to developers at least 4 months ago,but Dev Alpha C was sent to developers few days ago.by this you can roughly estimate the schedule for Q10.
    Last edited by keel999; 02-17-13 at 09:52 PM.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-17-13 09:24 PM
    Exactly. QWERTY is what most folks are waiting for
    And you know this for a fact because .... ?

, otherise, why wait - go iPhone or Droid.
    Been there, had one. Nothing new for me on the iPhone front. Currently have the SGS3 (rooted and all). Still not truly amazed by it.
    BB 10, on the other hand, makes a lot more sense to me. And I wish I could buy the Z10 AND the Q10 ... oh wait I also want the Aristo

So I'd rather wait.
    Thunderbuck and Cesare21 like this.
    02-18-13 12:44 AM
    Sure,Q10 would come in "waves", and obviously the very first release won't happen in the US.I agree .
    but when CAN they release Q10 for the very first time no matter which country they choose? i think they are unable to do this wherever they can until May or even later,just because they won't be ready in a short time.A lot of things need to be done,carrier testing,Apps tweaking,etc.Probably,they don't have a good marketing plan for Q10 from the beginning. Z10 is all their concern.
    they shouldn't have launched the Q10 in Jan if this device won't be on sale until May or later.It's not a good
    decision.

PS:Dev Alpha A and Dev Alpha B were given to developers at least 4 months ago,but Dev Alpha C was sent to developers few days ago.by this you can roughly estimate the schedule for Q10.
    The Q10 is coming soon. Telus has had pre-orders up already. They don't do that unless it's coming out within the next few weeks.
    02-18-13 12:46 AM
    It's not out of the realm of possibility that the US carriers are waiting a bit to see what the reception is before placing orders. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Blackberry is deliberately selecting different launch dates and carrier times either. Maybe the US delay is buying more time for the major app developers to have their apps ready and quality tested for the US market. Maybe it's a bit of everything. Until then, people will get them when they get them and see if it was worth the wait or not.

I mean a lot of times, the US does not really look beyond its borders and now that they are not the first out of the gate, they are now looking at all the other people and countries getting the cool and new things. Maybe this is a marketing strategy in itself to show that success in a global market does not depend on a single market and not having something that everyone else is getting, will make you want it more especially if the reception has been decent.

Right now, people I know are quite intrigued by the new z10 even though their countries have not launched it yet. I've managed to get former Blackberry owners ready to jump ship to wait until the z10 comes out before making their final decision. Those that ended up waiting, resulted in buying a z10 apparently. Friends I know that are constantly switching their phones have given positive impressions of the z10 and said they will switch from the iPhone5/SG3/Note2. At work, owners of iPhones and Androids have been constantly asking about the z10 and one colleague has already said he's switching his entire family over to the z10s from their current iPhones when their contracts are coming up in a couple months. Some of my company's business solutions project managers that are looking into better collaboration tools were really surprised that the new BBM now had video and voice chat along with screen share. They thanked me for giving them an update on some of the new BB Z10 offerings. I know this is all anecdotal but this has been my experience so far.
    02-18-13 10:47 AM
    Exactly. QWERTY is what most folks are waiting for, otherise, why wait - go iPhone or Droid.
    If you look at any polls run on this site or others, the actual ratio seems to be more like at least 2:1 in favour of the z10 over the q10.
    02-18-13 12:04 PM
226 ... 45678 ...