I've seen your post history. You're a troll. You have nothing meaningful to contribute.

^hey Daysofthunders,

Do you mean to tell me you actually like the Awkwardberry? And I'm not a troll. I joined this site yrs ago but can't remember my password.
    pmccartney, buwee and bombastic like this.
    02-10-13 10:25 AM
    Blackberry has bigger problems than another delay. If the Z10, aka the Akwardberry is the best they can do the company is toast! The street response to the Awkwardberry would be something akin to 'Is that all you got son?!' A gimmicky 'Hub', aka holding down the Blackberry key on the 9900? C'mon, massive fail.

The entire business is riding on the Q10 I believe. While a % of the loyalists (50% perhaps?) find the Z10 acceptable, that will do nothing to stem the tide of defectors to iOS and Android products. The army of lawyers, bankers, govt & other corporate organizations that haven't switched platforms were not holding out for the Awkardbery. They want a competent KEYBOARD based smartphone that can browse the web properly, take some decent photos without crashing & ya, downloaded many of the popular applications that everyone else has. That's it! Depending on how the Q10 ingrates the shortcuts and simplicity of the old OS into the BB10 + keyboard they might have a chance at holding on to a base and surviving as a company that is a fraction of the size. They will probably morph into a Q10 only hardware business and then license BES to companies that have switched to Apple might want security and better messaging.

Blackberry absolutely needs the US market to survive. They aren't making any money in Indonesia & Africa where people are using recycled phones and $10/month BBM plans. Get serious.

Let's hope the Q10 delivers.
    So...guessing that you don't like your Z10 Akwardberry? Want to sell it to me? I need another one.
    02-10-13 10:30 AM
    So...guessing that you don't like your Z10 Akwardberry? Want to sell it to me? I need another one.
    It's on Craigslist. Bid it up!
    02-10-13 10:53 AM
    It's on Craigslist. Bid it up!
    link?
    02-10-13 11:07 AM
    Blackberry has bigger problems than another delay. If the Z10, aka the Akwardberry is the best they can do the company is toast! The street response to the Awkwardberry would be something akin to 'Is that all you got son?!' A gimmicky 'Hub', aka holding down the Blackberry key on the 9900? C'mon, massive fail.

The entire business is riding on the Q10 I believe. While a % of the loyalists (50% perhaps?) find the Z10 acceptable, that will do nothing to stem the tide of defectors to iOS and Android products. The army of lawyers, bankers, govt & other corporate organizations that haven't switched platforms were not holding out for the Awkardbery. They want a competent KEYBOARD based smartphone that can browse the web properly, take some decent photos without crashing & ya, downloaded many of the popular applications that everyone else has. That's it! Depending on how the Q10 ingrates the shortcuts and simplicity of the old OS into the BB10 + keyboard they might have a chance at holding on to a base and surviving as a company that is a fraction of the size. They will probably morph into a Q10 only hardware business and then license BES to companies that have switched to Apple might want security and better messaging.

Blackberry absolutely needs the US market to survive. They aren't making any money in Indonesia & Africa where people are using recycled phones and $10/month BBM plans. Get serious.

Let's hope the Q10 delivers.
    What makes u think that BB doesnt make money in Indonesia? Indonesia is their largest market man
    02-10-13 11:46 AM
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...a65b27ae6f.png

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    And yet, it has only been in released in the UK and Canada. The point of this thread was that Blackberry needs the US. Get back on topic.
    02-10-13 12:02 PM
    02-10-13 12:11 PM
    What makes u think that BB doesnt make money in Indonesia? Indonesia is their largest market man
    My apologies. I meant Nigeria. But the trends are the same.

ROB MAGAZINE
    Where the BlackBerry still reigns supreme

Where the BlackBerry still reigns supreme - The Globe and Mail

The challenges of the market don’t end with economic and religious conflict. Like many poor countries, Nigeria has an immense informal economy–street vendors and unlicensed businesses–that is estimated at roughly two-thirds the size of the formal economy. Handset vendors like RIM must contend with a vast “grey market,” somewhere between legit and illegal, that includes second-hand BlackBerrys imported from the United Kingdom and “refurbs” banged back into working order. Needless to say, phones sold this way–60 per cent of the market by one knowledgeable estimate–aren’t exactly helping sales targets back in Waterloo, even if they might count toward RIM’s global subscriber count. Of course, since RIM runs a proprietary global messaging network that requires a “service access fee,” even second-hand BlackBerrys, once registered on a network, will kick something into the company’s coffers. But many people simply treat the BlackBerry like the Nokias they traded up from: as simple cellphones. (An executive at a wireless carrier in another African country reports that of 40,000 BlackBerrys on the network, only about 6,000 are activated for e-mail.) If customers aren’t paying full freight and the only upgrade they value is in cachet, how on earth are emerging markets like these going to save RIM?

When I bring up the grey market with Robert Bose, RIM’s Paris-based managing director for the Middle East and Africa, he talks about campaigns to emphasize official devices, and then shows me a BlackBerry with an “Original BlackBerry smartphone” picture set as the home display screen. This is apparently a safeguard against Nigeria’s desperate entrepreneurs.

Told it won’t take long for that symbol to be itself knocked off, Bose looks stunned for a moment, like a kid wearing a cape who has been told it won’t allow him to fly. Then he begins to laugh; knocked off his talking points, he talks frankly about the airport strikes that have left shipments of marooned BlackBerrys exposed to the elements on the tarmac, the barriers that the Arab world’s revolutions have posed for moving product around the region, and the riots that leave mobile phone shops destroyed.
    02-10-13 12:21 PM
    link to your classifed Z10 sale ad. PM me since you really should not post it here.
    02-10-13 12:24 PM
    link to your classifed Z10 sale ad. PM me since you really should not post it here.
    You live in Waterloo man.
    02-10-13 12:41 PM
    You live in Waterloo man.
    Yes, is that a problem?
    02-10-13 12:44 PM
    No matter how you look at it they cannot release "the new BlackBerry" that's gonna win back Android and Iphone users in the U.S without Skype and instagram. The apps have to be there before U.S launch otherwise they are just a lamb being led to the slaughter.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    02-10-13 12:48 PM
    Yes, is that a problem?
    Local buyer.
    02-10-13 01:18 PM
    I've seen your post history. You're a troll. You have nothing meaningful to contribute.
    Thanks for your opinion. Previously I hadn't given it much thought but now I have you on ignore.
    02-10-13 01:19 PM
    No matter how you look at it they cannot release "the new BlackBerry" that's gonna win back Android and Iphone users in the U.S without Skype and instagram. The apps have to be there before U.S launch otherwise they are just a lamb being led to the slaughter.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    WP8 barely has a functional Skype(hilarious, I know) and no instagram yet it is doing well
    02-10-13 01:21 PM
    WP8 barely has a functional Skype(hilarious, I know) and no instagram yet it is doing well
    No it's not. It's doing quite badly.
    02-10-13 01:35 PM
    Doing well? Im sure MS has thrown more money at ads than windows phone is bringing in...if thats doing well than so be it.
    02-10-13 03:04 PM
    02-10-13 03:23 PM
    You're comparing Blackberry's 1 1/2 year old phones to Windows Flagship phones ??? LOL
    02-10-13 03:37 PM
    You're comparing Blackberry's 1 1/2 year old phones to Windows Flagship phones ??? LOL
    there's always a critic ....can't please everyone that's for sure.
    02-10-13 04:02 PM
    Surface pro is sold out(same level as the "BB is sold out everywhere" argument). Nokia is turning a profit. HTC, losing profit but I don't know how much that is from Windows Phones.

BB_BMore, please look up these figures and check for yourself and not throw, "No it's not" without any research whatsoever. Whatever the comparison is, the Windows Phone OS is making a profit. That is the definition of doing quite well.
    02-10-13 04:25 PM
    Want some cheese with your whine?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    02-10-13 04:30 PM
    I'm not comparing anything. Just posting an article. Did you bother to read it?
    I doubt it.
    02-10-13 04:45 PM
    I have it on good authority that the US doesn't have the Z10 yet because the US carriers truly were not interested in putting BlackBerry in their rotation. Simple as that.

Does anyone really believe all this 'delays in testing' nonsense? Is it believable that not one of the carriers from one of the worlds most powerful economies can't put a cell phone out at the same release time as much smaller (pop.) country carriers?
    I think it is a mixture of factors really, they were not overly interested so they are not going to do anything to help shorten the testing period and as far as the idea that none of them would have released it yet can be accounted for by at&t and vzw taking ages to approve stuff, t-mobile wanting to hold off and launch it alongside their lte and sprint being bent over a barrel with that deal they made to get the iphone.
    02-11-13 03:31 AM
    Surface pro is sold out(same level as the "BB is sold out everywhere" argument).
    The surface pro has zero to do with any discussion on wp8.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    02-11-13 03:54 AM
226 ... 34567 ...