Blackberry link just does not work for me!

I used the tutorials and downloaded blackberry link and says the device is connected yet the files can be seen on my Q10!

In the native file manager app my LAPTOP Option is not accessible and in settings>blackberry link I can't view the files!?

BlackBerry Link not working!-img_00000061.png
    BlackBerry Link not working!-img_00000062.png

I have given up as it's not important to me as skydrive sideloaded app does the job but is it a bug for you and hoping it's fixed in the software update?!

Posted Via CB10 from my Q10
    07-15-13 11:38 PM
    Did you sign in to link with your BlackBerry id? I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to figure out why it didn't work until I figured out you have to sign in on link for that to work.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:44 PM
    BlackBerry Link is pretty lame, signed in or not. Really.... (truly)

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:32 AM
    I hear that a pot, but I don't see the problem. I use it to sync wirelessly and by just having it on my comp, I can use my Z for everything! Pull files off, put files on, all without touching my computer. I can use my computer as a cloud service. I love that!

I mean, were people expecting iTunes?

I fully understand the people that are having issues not liking it, but if it's working, what's not to like?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:40 AM
    Restart device and computer, link must be running for rfa to work.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:00 AM
    I spent an hour with Blackberry technical support yesterday dealing with the same issue. It appears that Link may be associating my documents with an old 9900 (that I did a security wipe on, gave to my son and he uses it with his own Blackberry ID).

When I log into Blackberry App World it shows the linkage with my Q10 but there is an option to switch devices I want to manage and the 9900 is there. I can't seem to find a way to delete it as a device associated to my Blackberry ID.

Everything else on the Q10 works great (after about 6 hours work, 3 on the phone with Blackberry and a full security wipe I now have perfect two way sync with Outlook Contacts) but I would really like to use this feature and leave the laptop at home....
    07-19-13 07:32 AM
    So are you saying because of an old device we can't use BlackBerry link now? Because I had a previous 9360 as well?

07-19-13 11:26 AM
    Unplug phone and reboot computer

Cranky
    07-19-13 12:14 PM
    That's odd. I've used my own ID across 3 different devices and not experienced this.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 01:34 PM
    Blackberry link just does not work for me!

I used the tutorials and downloaded blackberry link and says the device is connected yet the files can be seen on my Q10!

In the native file manager app my LAPTOP Option is not accessible and in settings>blackberry link I can't view the files!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000061.png 
Views:	470 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	183027
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000062.png 
Views:	469 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	183028

I have given up as it's not important to me as skydrive sideloaded app does the job but is it a bug for you and hoping it's fixed in the software update?!

Uninstall BlackBerry link and change your device name.
    Once you re-install BlackBerry link make sure you redo your device name to a different one!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:20 PM
    BBLink is bad as iTunes and that is saying something.
    07-20-13 09:41 AM
    I hear that a pot, but I don't see the problem. I use it to sync wirelessly and by just having it on my comp, I can use my Z for everything! Pull files off, put files on, all without touching my computer. I can use my computer as a cloud service. I love that!

I mean, were people expecting iTunes?

I fully understand the people that are having issues not liking it, but if it's working, what's not to like?

Posted via CB10
    @bradu1, here's what's not to like. For all those fortunate such as you to have a good experience, there are many others in misery. Wireless providers are poorly suited to address problems because it is new, unfamiliar, and they can't tell what's a bug vs a missing features.

Nothing personal, as others have commented as you have, but these "la la la, everything is just fine for me" is disrespectful to those having problems and prevents BBRY from making this a top priority. Within Crackberry's recent Mega Survey, BB Link was identified as one of the three most hated features of the new devices/OS. If you were to go to the BB user support forums, there is one thread with 97 pages and nearly 10,000 views on problems with BB Link: and there are multiple threads on BB Link, not just one. So, at the moment, BB Link is a bit like the Titanic, and while you think you're in a lifeboat watching others drown in the BB Link related problems, in this situation, your lifeboat may go down nonetheless.

On BBRY blogs, such as SeekingAlpha, issues with BB Link and and sync issues were dismissed as "loser" problems. They weren't seen as loser problems with sales reports came out. The BBRY user support forums are filled with comments about long time BBRY users defecting to iOS or Samsung for this single issue alone.
    07-20-13 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry Link is pretty lame, signed in or not. Really.... (truly)

Posted via CB10
    It is more than lame. It is killing the company because it is taking the focus away from the new devices, and for too many people, putting the focus on buggy contact/calendar sync, and in the larger context, reveals that the BB10 OS in many ways is an ecosystem that from a features standpoint (eg controlling sync dates for calendar, etc) is a step backwards from BB desktop manager. Many are defecting from BBRY because Link is trash (see BBRY user support forum comments...) and people don't have time to deal with issues or have faith that BBRY will fix. There is also lots of lost trust in the company to have come out with such a crappy product without telling the BBRY user base before they committed $$ time and effort to upgrading their phone.
    scottdpreece likes this.
    07-20-13 09:56 AM
    @bradu1, here's what's not to like. For all those fortunate such as you to have a good experience, there are many others in misery. Wireless providers are poorly suited to address problems because it is new, unfamiliar, and they can't tell what's a bug vs a missing features.

Nothing personal, as others have commented as you have, but these "la la la, everything is just fine for me" is disrespectful to those having problems and prevents BBRY from making this a top priority. Within Crackberry's recent Mega Survey, BB Link was identified as one of the three most hated features of the new devices/OS. If you were to go to the BB user support forums, there is one thread with 97 pages and nearly 10,000 views on problems with BB Link: and there are multiple threads on BB Link, not just one. So, at the moment, BB Link is a bit like the Titanic, and while you think you're in a lifeboat watching others drown in the BB Link related problems, in this situation, your lifeboat may go down nonetheless.

On BBRY blogs, such as SeekingAlpha, issues with BB Link and and sync issues were dismissed as "loser" problems. They weren't seen as loser problems with sales reports came out. The BBRY user support forums are filled with comments about long time BBRY users defecting to iOS or Samsung for this single issue alone.
    Ok, here's my issue with what you're saying. There's a lot of people saying "it's lame" because it doesn't seem to do much. It's not iTunes. We don't need iTunes with these phones. We can add music, videos, whatever we want to our phones through drag and drop or over the air. A Lot of people are coming over from iPhone expecting link to be iTunes and it's not. We don't need that or want it.

Read through those issues and several of them, not all by any means, but several come down to people not signing in to link, or trying to use the old version of link. I really think if BlackBerry simply installed a "how to use link" tutorial which said, this is what link does and what it's for, we would see a dramatic decrease in the complaints about link.

I look at link more like the software that comes with my cameras. It's there to take info off your camera and put it on the computer. It's not needed, but makes it easier for some people. And almost all camera software I've tried, I've installed it, and if it worked on whatever version of windows I had at the time, realized it didn't do anything I needed that I couldn't do easier in a different way, and removed it. I would do the same with link except it gives me the ability to use my computer as a personal cloud service, and that is HUGE.

So, no, I'm not in a lifeboat watching others go down and not caring. That's ridiculous. Also ridiculous to think that link is the main thing that's causing problems with sales of BB10. How about you go read all the posts about what American carriers are doing? Or about BlackBerry marketing. Besides the fact that by the time someone has a problem with link, they've already bought the phones. And the problem has not been too many returns, it's been not enough sales.

So here is my armchair CEO statement. If I was in charge, I would focus on carrier relations and marketing, as I want the company to succeed and that is where the issues lie. There are bugs in the phones as any new system has, and BlackBerry is pushing out updates fast to fix these issues, even if the carriers are not, so continue the corrections as is, and work on carriers to get on board and stop handicapping BlackBerry. App market is growing twice as fast as apple's market in its first year, and 4 times faster than android in its first year, so keep it up, and let's work on getting some of those big name developers.

And I would simply do away with link because it is UNNECESSARY! All media can be simply moved back and forth easily without it, plugged in or wirelessly. Contacts can be backed up through your email servers or the cloud. Os's can be reinstalled through BlackBerry website. There is no real need for link, but since this added value software is causing so many problems for so many people. Just do away with it.

And I believe these 'la-la' comments are necessary. Even you have to know that the majority of people are not having issues. And if someone is shopping for phones, and comes to cb and sees only complaints from those that are having issues, they will think that is what the phones are about. And it is not. For instance, the post someone put up yesterday from that other site where the author put up the top problems with BB10.... and absolutely no one in the comments here,or on that site, had ever seen any of those problems. Should everyone that stated the fact that those issues were basically nonexistent, have been quiet so shoppers would just think these are problems all BB10's have?

So if you feel that you're on the Titanic due to a pc companion to your phone... uhm... Sorry? But just so you know, your phone is a Smart Phone... You really don't need to be tied down to that computer anymore. Personally, I don't see myself in a lifeboat watching others go down. I'm on the beach enjoying my freedom, while surfing through the files on my computer at home which has simply turned in to storage space for me now.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:17 PM
    My laptop kept turning off randomly with Windows 8. Just deleted BlackBerry Link. Let me know when it's worth reinstalling assuming instill have a BlackBerry then. Happened usually right after connecting USB to charge my Z10 battery that doesn't last very long.

Ueahvheahvruen down screen ya da ya da the battery is bless then stellar. DLNA doesn't work. The cut and paste I'd a pain. Contacts are cumbersome the more I think about the less I like my z10. Had it since March. Come on 6 months! No more penalty..

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 05:15 PM
    Tried that?

07-23-13 07:48 PM
    Tried that?

Still no luck?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:59 PM
    I downloaded the BB Link. Everything worked fine and my music library was added to my phone. Since that time, my iTunes library no longer can be accessed by Link. I still have the music on my phone, but can no longer sync. Pictures and everything else is fine. How it worked once and then stopped, I have no idea. It sucks.
    I have reinstalled and all the other nonsense, but it still doesn't work.
    07-24-13 09:36 AM
    No luck whatsoever!

07-25-13 08:32 PM
    Can you post a pic of your settings screen in link? I just want to see what options you have. Just so you know, I'm a dummy with actual computers, I just want to see what's different on yours than mine.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:50 PM
    BlackBerry Link not working!-img_00000090.png
    BlackBerry Link not working!-img_00000091.png
    BlackBerry Link not working!-img_00000092.png

07-26-13 10:06 PM
    I meant the settings in link. Lol! Click the little cog in the upper right hand corner. Make sure no private info is showing. And just snap a pic.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 11:08 PM