This may be simple to some of you, but what is the best way to record my location for future reference or to share with someone later on.

For example, I drive to a park or business. It's nice, I want to remember this location or place so if I want to give this to someone later I can. I would like to be able to easily name/label it too.

I played with Map a bit and it seemed a bit cumbersome to me. I know I must have ADD.

Thanks.
    08-12-13 07:37 AM
    Dunno if you have ADD but...

BlackBerry Maps > My Places > Favorites > Overflow (the three dots) > Add favorite > My location

It will grab the address you're in and autofill.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    08-12-13 07:42 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I don't see My Place > Favorites > Overflow. When I go to the Overflow on my Q10 all I see is Hide Traffic & Clear Map. I'm using Map. Could I be using a different one? Here's a screenshot of my.

Best way to record my location using Map or whatever-img_00000085.png

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 09:08 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I don't see My Place > Favorites > Overflow. When I go to the Overflow on my Q10 all

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Follow diegonei's instructions exactly as printed: don't tap the overflow, FIRST tap "My Places", make sure you are on the "Favorites" tab, THEN tap the overflow. (Assuming Maps is the same on your Q as it is on my Z)
    diegonei and NewPreKnox like this.
    08-12-13 10:03 AM
    Follow diegonei's instructions exactly as printed: don't tap the overflow, FIRST tap "My Places", make sure you are on the "Favorites" tab, THEN tap the overflow. (Assuming Maps is the same on your Q as it is on my Z)
    See I must have ADD. First, I guess I didn't realized that the 'man icon' was "My Place".

I had someone text me their location. For some reason, when I add this to Favorite, the GLOBE shows a ? Question Mark. So when I click on that location from Map, nothing happens. What am I missing? I'm sure it's something simple.

P.S. I got rid of the ? Mark somehow. Please ignore. Thanks!

Thanks again.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-12-13 11:28 AM
    Somehow or other I got rid of the ?? (Question MARK) and it's okay now.

Please ignore my question. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-12-13 11:35 AM
    See I must have ADD. First, I guess I didn't realized that the 'man icon' was "My Place".

I had someone text me their location. For some reason, when I add this to Favorite, the GLOBE shows a ? Question Mark. So when I click on that location from Map, nothing happens. What am I missing? I'm sure it's something simple.

P.S. I got rid of the ? Mark somehow. Please ignore. Thanks!

Thanks again.
    Sorry, no can do. We don't ignore questions here!

Please ignore my question. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.
    Somehow or other I got rid of the ?? (Question MARK) and it's okay now.

The "?" Globe is a sign that Maps could not get that address. Tweak it a but (some times a simple comma will do the trick) and it will get the location!

Glad you got it all set!
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    08-12-13 11:41 AM
    Appreciate your help. When I'm with my other friends who have Droids or iPhone, I don't want to seem so klutzy.

The Q10 is really my first BB and really super great smartphone. I'm really enjoying it. This forum is great for picking up tips. I have some other questions, but those will have to wait. Gotta get back to work
    diegonei likes this.
    08-12-13 02:50 PM