I tried to replace my keyboard since it started malfunctioning. There are two stripped screws that hold the camera housing cover. I was told that this is a T4.

Any idea on what the best way is to get that out?

I warranty repaired this Q10 early on during the warranty for the keyboard issue. The warranty repair must have stripped the screws while tightening it.

I have tried the rubber band between the screw and the driver method, as well as trying a flat head to turn it. And so far neither worked.

Any ideas on what to do?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 07:13 PM
    Do you have the next size up? Will a T5 fit? Have you tried exerting a little more downward pressure before you turn the screws? Be careful, of course, but I've found that has worked in the past with the pair of nasty phillips screws that hold the keyboard to the screen.

I don't think you're at this point yet, but the last resort with stripped screws is to drill them out. I've never done this on a phone (auto parts only). I'd want a very small bit and a drill press -- both to keep me from slipping off center and to control the depth.
    11-23-15 08:52 PM
    Best way to extract a stripped T4?-img_20151123_211636.jpg

Okay, I have another question.

If I were to get a other new housing, so that I do not need to save the current housing. In that card, would it be better rather than just trying got reuse the housing with the stripped keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 11:18 PM
    You can't change the housing without removing these two screws. So buying a new housing will not solve the problem.
    I had the exact same issue with those two screws. In the end I managed by using I think a standard cross headed screw driver, at a sharp angle, and applying a lot of pressure.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 01:48 AM
    In my case, I had to drill it out. Spent 5 dollars at a cellphone repair place in NYC because I didn't trust myself

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 08:50 AM
    Is it possible to dremmel a slot across the head?
    11-24-15 08:59 AM