Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By southlander
  • 1 Post By jafrul
  • 2 Post By m1kr0
  • 1 Post By robsteve
  • 1 Post By Terrellizme
  • 1 Post By wavemotion
  • 1 Post By Robert Lodge
  • 1 Post By auggie721
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM not working after 10.2.1.1055 up grade HELP!

Hi Guys, I made the jump to 10.2.1.1055 and I am impressed! All seemed well until I realized that my BB messenger no longer worked . I have a Q10 Model SQ100-1.
    BB messenger says " Unable to complete Setup,no blackberry Data ,BBM is unable to connect to the server Please try again later"
    I kept trying but no cigar!

I read a few threads , and so far some say its the carriers fault while others blame the software .Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

"Still rolling with the crack!!"
    TechDoctor
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,331 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

Did you restore anything? Settings or app data??

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I backed up everything with blackberry link then i used a Q10 auoloader file to upgrade to 10.2. After 10.2 was finished upgrading I restored my data with the back up i made when i was on 10.1
    TechDoctor
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I'm wondering If going back to 10.1 might bring back my BB messenger , i'd miss all the new features of 10.2 but i would at least have my bb messenger back!
    TechDoctor
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B5A11B6

As southlander questions, the answer could lie in the back up..
    Most would agree that you can restore your data like contacts, calendar and media but NOT previous OS settings. You have to do a new settings for your new OS.
    After that, delete BBM (if app is still visible), reboot and reinstall BBM from appworld.

Posted via Awesome Aristo on CB10
    with due diligence
    BBM#8
    for Random Quotes on motivations, health and wealth..
    : subscribe to C001190A9
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,412 Global Posts

Sorry CB app acting up
    Last edited by mikr009876; 12-04-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    The most underrated phone in the universe.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikr009876 View Post
    What has been said already about restoration is most likely the root cause. Before you downgrade and reinstall can you just try this and let us know please. It worked for a friend's Z10 but don't ask me why. Hard reset your device (depress and hold both volume keys until you see the blue spinning circle of the loading screen - about 20 seconds). Wait for device to complete boot up. Go to settings > about > network and you will see a screen like this:

BBM not working after 10.2.1.1055 up grade  HELP!-img_00000012.png

In the overflow menu, (touch the 3 dots and open up the side menu), try to register your BlackBerry device. Once done, go back to BBM and see if it can connect. I can't guarantee but it seems to have worked once before.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    The most underrated phone in the universe.
    Thanked by:
    Mecca EL (12-05-2013) 
    Mecca EL and southlander like this.
    CrackBerry User

i have this same problem... im going to do a security wipe then restore just app data and media and see if bbm works on my q10.
    Intellectuals solve problems; Geniuses Prevent them!
    - A. Einstein
    CrackBerry Genius

The people that had this problem earlier when 10.2.1.1055 first leaked were not in North America and eventually their BlackBerry services started working. My guess is different parts of the world have different BlackBerry NOC and the OS has to be enabled on the NOC to work.

In the case of North America, I would assume all the test OS are enabled for us in Canada and the USA since the BlackBerry employees would not be able to beta test the software.

Its not clear where in the world the OP is.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,331 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

If you security wipe and it works then the issue is the restoring of settings. This was the case with my wife's phone.

One possible fix is to move to a leak that's a little older than 1055. Then back up settings again. The move to 1055 and try restoring that data.

So you'd be restoring data from an OS version that's closer to 1055, thus making it more likely all the needed settings restore Correctly.

That said if you are already moving from a recent leak and having this issue then I am not sure what to say.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    CrackBerry User

after my security wipe..i wasnt able to connect to mobile data anymore. i even entered the sprint apn (n.ispsn) but it wouldn't stay after i hit save. I ended up just reloading the 1055 using the autoloader.. and restored just media (doesnt include contacts, calender etc info).

used an old back up of my 9630 to restore contacts, text msges, etc..via bb protect. i may try to just load the application data from the back up i made while i had 10.1 later...but so far everything is working.
    Intellectuals solve problems; Geniuses Prevent them!
    - A. Einstein
    m1kr0 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thanks for your help guys, I will work my way through and follow your suggestions. I will take it one step at a time.
    TechDoctor
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Yes ! I got it fixed .Thanks guys. All is well now .It seems that when I did a full restore my BB messenger got messed up.So I reloaded a New Os ,but this time I only restored my media and setting and I left out the applications ,and It works!!!!!! I will monitor it and see how it goes.
    TechDoctor
    Thanked by 2:
    m1kr0 (12-05-2013),  Robert Lodge (12-05-2013) 
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i was having the same issue. then i followed your advice and restored media 1st app data 2nd then settings. but on my mobile network.. seems like registering the phone on WiFi have something to do with it?? but dam this OS is Good!!
    m1kr0 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had a similar issue where BBM was not working after I loaded 10.2.1.1055 and did a restore. A security wipe did the trick and got BBM working again. I think something in the restore buggered it up.
    southlander likes this.