Sorry for digging this thread out again, but I wanted to share my insights on this issue: what I think is BlackBerry Messenger is taken down (at least for my device/country, though I'm not 100% sure about that) because the last days I spent looking for any Information about it and saw that I simply couldn't "find" it neither from my device nor from web interface. All I managed to dig out was the "BlackBerry Messenger" (v7) and not "BBM" (v10) which makes me think we just have to wait for the next big BBM update for BlackBerry Devices. The only thing that bothers me is that some users still are able to find BBM which makes me think it is not totally taken down but just for several countrys. But on the other hand I couldn't find it through the PC browsers. I know it's confusing but if someone has any insight on this issue I'd be happy if he/she shares it with me
    11-05-13 10:53 AM
    I did the same digging as you, and also cannot see BBM available for BB10 on the app world website through a PC web browser, I only see the BBM for OS7 and I am in the USA.

Accessing App World from my Q10, BBM shows unavailable as we have discussed. And DocsToGo, Games, and SmartTags also show unavailable even though they are installed on my device. Clicking the link to App World for any other installed app shows the currently installed version on my device.
    11-05-13 02:24 PM
    Almost the same here: DocsToGo is available and Games is not even listed in "installed" apps, very weird
    11-05-13 05:12 PM
    I get the same if I look at it in BlackBerryWorld. BBM is installed and working on my phone. I am on the Rogers 10.2.0.1791.

It can be as simple as the Rogers OS not being recognised by the BlackBerryWorld servers, so when it looks for a version of BBM for that OS, it can't find one.

Perhaps once the 10.2.0.1791 is more widely released, this odd behavior in BlackBerryWorld will stop.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:22 PM
    Maybe, maybe not. But I have a generic software (bought in Germany) and also BBm doesn't show up through the Web Interface of BBW. I suppose it is taken down for now, let's wait and hope
    11-06-13 12:19 AM
    Maybe, maybe not. But I have a generic software (bought in Germany) and also BBm doesn't show up through the Web Interface of BBW. I suppose it is taken down for now, let's wait and hope
    Just to clear up any confusion, is the BBM app on your phone?
    11-06-13 09:03 AM
    It is, we're just concerned about not finding several apps in BBW
    11-06-13 09:54 AM
    Hey I know im replying to this way late...but I have the same issue! My q10 is one month old and I bought it in Germany and now I live in Serbia. I dont know if BBM is not available on my device because the whole blackberry service is not supported in Serbia. But BBM works perfectly on my phone. I just read that there is a new version of BBM with the channels but I am unable to update.

Did anyone figure out a solution to this problem?

Thanks!
    11-26-13 04:33 PM
    Hey I know im replying to this way late...but I have the same issue! My q10 is one month old and I bought it in Germany and now I live in Serbia. I dont know if BBM is not available on my device because the whole blackberry service is not supported in Serbia. But BBM works perfectly on my phone. I just read that there is a new version of BBM with the channels but I am unable to update.

Did anyone figure out a solution to this problem?

Thanks!
    (Instructions by SirJes)
    If you want it now, put your phone in developer mode, go to blackberry world app, swipe down go to settings, go to development mode and use this #22531423

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 04:45 PM
    Do you also have the content IDs of Beta Zone App and Smart Tags?
    11-26-13 06:09 PM
    Do you also have the content IDs of Beta Zone App and Smart Tags?
    Beta Zone: 35142896
    Smart Tags: 27686824

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 07:02 PM
    Nice, but these are still "unavailable", thanks though
    11-26-13 11:24 PM
    Nice, but these are still "unavailable", thanks though
    After seeing the news of a new BBM version here on crackberry, I just did a manual check for updates in BB World and now the BBM update is showing for me. I was able to update to version 10.2.20.103. Finally, BBM no longer shows "unavailable for this device". Note that I am still running OS version 10.1.0.2121.

I think I now realize why BBM showed "unavailable for this device" for so long, while most other apps simply showed the currently installed version when clicked in BB World. Well this is just a guess... There WAS an updated version of BBM on BB World, but it either was not for the Q10, or it was not compatible with the OS version I am running. DocsToGo, SmartTags, and Games still show "unavailable for this device", so there are also updates posted that really are not meant for my particular device.
    11-27-13 03:33 AM
    I suppose it's either your OS version, or your country. I too have a Q10 and for me just Smart Tags and Beta Zone App are showing as unavailable. And for Beta Zone I suppose it is the country, because before I came here for my internship I had Beta Zone installed and then deleted it. Here it was not available suddenly even after I upgraded to 10.2
    11-27-13 05:36 AM
    I had same issues, but this morning, update was there for BBM with the new Channels included. Downloaded and now that issue of "not available for this device" is gone. BUT! the black theme is gone in BBM now on my Q10 with the latest AT&T 10.1 OS. I would have never of updated to this new BBM with Channels had I known it would remove my black theme to BBM convos. What gives!?
    11-27-13 07:05 AM
    I also lost the BBM black theme on my AT&T Q10 with 10.1, and I also would not have updated BBM having known the black theme would be lost, wth no option to toggle it back on.
    johnkb24 likes this.
    11-27-13 07:15 AM
    After trying a lot of different suggestions, I gave up and just chose to wait for the update. I too was having the "not available for this device " issue. This morning I got the update notification Using channels now.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    11-27-13 08:11 AM
    Update: when I try to access these Apps (Beta Zone & Smart Tags) a Message Box pops up telling "the requested content could not be found". It's getting weirder and weirder
    11-27-13 11:56 AM
43 12