I posted this as a reply to another thread, but thought maybe I would get some help or input by asking here as well.

I've had my Q10 since autumn, and while I love the os for the most part, and the blend of touchscreen/qwerty, I am seriously frustrated with a few things.

I still miss the trackpad. I just can't be as efficient editing messages by moving the little circle. My fingers are just too big, or too klutzy, or something. I am much slower at messaging than I was with my trusty legacy devices. I move the stupid little circle back, and forth and up and down 10 times trying to get it to the right place. I'm getting a little better at cut and paste, but it is frustratingly laborious.

The worst thing though, and the one which may result in my giving up, is the bbm issues I'm having.

BBM is my most used, can't live without, app, and several times, I have accidentally initiated a voice call because of putting the Q10 down and touching the screen in the wrong place.

Even worse, I have accidentally hit the 'invite more' button while trying to position the cursor. That resulted in a contact getting my son's information as an added contact! Inappropriate, and potentially embarrassing. It happened again today when I "pocket added" three contacts, whose paths shouldn't cross into the same chat. I HATE the invite more button. It is horribly located, right below where you have to touch the screen to start typing, and I cant delete or relocate it.

After so many years of loving multiple blackberries, I have never been so frustrated!
    joejuck likes this.
    01-09-14 06:45 PM
    I posted this as a reply to another thread, but thought maybe I would get some help or input by asking here as well.

I've had my Q10 since autumn, and while I love the os for the most part, and the blend of touchscreen/qwerty, I am seriously frustrated with a few things.

I still miss the trackpad. I just can't be as efficient editing messages by moving the little circle. My fingers are just too big, or too klutzy, or something. I am much slower at messaging than I was with my trusty legacy devices. I move the stupid little circle back, and forth and up and down 10 times trying to get it to the right place. I'm getting a little better at cut and paste, but it is frustratingly laborious.

The worst thing though, and the one which may result in my giving up, is the bbm issues I'm having.

BBM is my most used, can't live without, app, and several times, I have accidentally initiated a voice call because of putting the Q10 down and touching the screen in the wrong place.

Even worse, I have accidentally hit the 'invite more' button while trying to position the cursor. That resulted in a contact getting my son's information as an added contact! Inappropriate, and potentially embarrassing. It happened again today when I "pocket added" three contacts, whose paths shouldn't cross into the same chat. I HATE the invite more button. It is horribly located, right below where you have to touch the screen to start typing, and I cant delete or relocate it.

After so many years of loving multiple blackberries, I have never been so frustrated!
    You and me both about the invite more button. I accidentally hit that button all the time and it's very annoying. They don't even need that button there. Put it in the overflow menu. And only put "send" on the bottom bar. Maybe "add pictures" but you don't really need anything else.

Posted via CB10
    Wikichick likes this.
    01-09-14 06:56 PM
    Thanks for responding, joejuck. The strange thing is that it is ALREADY on the overflow menu. I see no reason for it to be in both places.
    joejuck likes this.
    01-10-14 01:54 PM
    I always end up hitting the "attach" icon...placement of all of those icons is really inconvenient!
    01-10-14 04:01 PM
    Funny I didn't know there was a contact more button. But I have hit attach in bbm and texting too. With a q10 and maybe all the phones your thumbs hang out it that area. What is also annoying when you do that then the cancel button is on top. Not sure we will ever be all happy.

Reg leaked 10.2.1.1925. Q10
    01-10-14 10:54 PM