Had problem that my display picture (DP) in BBM won't change, only the words for update status is changed.

Realized it from my friend who told me why I never change my picture in last 4 days (exactly at the time I switched to Q10). So tested it by looking at my son blackberry 9790 where it's true my DP never changed since 4 days ago even in fact I did change it every day.

In fact I just replaced my Dakota 9900 to Q10 in 4 days ago and my old DP at akota is just there without any changing which I made from Q10.

Only the words for update status I can change and effect to other people to see it, but not the display picture. I can see other people profile picture and status is changed every time without any problem. I can change my display picture from my Q10 easily but no effect to viewer at other device.

Please kindly help me to solve this issue. is it happening to all BB10 devices? Appreciate for any assistance please.... Thanks a lot !
    07-07-13 12:28 PM
    my wife z10 cant change display picture too since 1 week ago.
    and not only her, but many other people too, mine can change normally.

dont know what happen from BlackBerry server..

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:08 PM
    hnoslwaljLPlzljxmzi'+dndidjj;+8iei-83')'iDi39@dkid+09=99=9='@2-2"3""3""3939+99-9-99-"2092-

eek3Eiwksuw? (.s nz..,.z? ,

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:43 AM
    my wife z10 cant change display picture too since 1 week ago.
    and not only her, but many other people too, mine can change normally.

dont know what happen from BlackBerry server..

Posted via CB10
    Just tonight when I tried to change DP in BBM, surprisingly now it's working !!

Seems like the problem in server already settled. Please try to change it and hope now it's working as well !

I am now so happy with my Q10 completely ... Thanks to all attention and comments..
    07-09-13 11:24 AM
    Had problem that my display picture (DP) in BBM won't change, only the words for update status is changed.

Realized it from my friend who told me why I never change my picture in last 4 days (exactly at the time I switched to Q10). So tested it by looking at my son blackberry 9790 where it's true my DP never changed since 4 days ago even in fact I did change it every day.

In fact I just replaced my Dakota 9900 to Q10 in 4 days ago and my old DP at akota is just there without any changing which I made from Q10.

Only the words for update status I can change and effect to other people to see it, but not the display picture. I can see other people profile picture and status is changed every time without any problem. I can change my display picture from my Q10 easily but no effect to viewer at other device.

Please kindly help me to solve this issue. is it happening to all BB10 devices? Appreciate for any assistance please.... Thanks a lot !
    08-06-13 01:39 AM
    I kept hearing for the last two months people suffering for dp issues on BBM. Well I recommend all who are marking these problems with their BBM to try downloading an app that supports updating PM message while downloaded. I have had this problem for 2 weeks but when I tried this solution It worked. Everything is fixed

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:14 AM
    Can you elaborate a bit on what you meant "....I recommend all who are marking these problems with their BBM to try downloading an app that supports updating PM message while downloaded".
    Thank you
    08-22-13 08:20 AM
    Can you elaborate a bit on what you meant "....I recommend all who are marking these problems with their BBM to try downloading an app that supports updating PM message while downloaded".
    Thank you
    It sounds to me that they are recommending a BBM connected application - that can change your status, etc. - so that you can have your device speaking to the BBM servers again.

It is a known issue that the development team is looking at

KB34849-Unable to change the BBM Display Picture on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    08-22-13 08:38 AM
    It seems that all of my BBM connected app could not connect to BBM (even with permissions allowed).
    Thanks for the link.
    Looks like i need to do a reload, such a hassle just to fix this.

It sounds to me that they are recommending a BBM connected application - that can change your status, etc. - so that you can have your device speaking to the BBM servers again.

It is a known issue that the development team is looking at

KB34849-Unable to change the BBM Display Picture on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    08-22-13 09:45 AM
    It seems that all of my BBM connected app could not connect to BBM (even with permissions allowed).
    Thanks for the link.
    Looks like i need to do a reload, such a hassle just to fix this.
    If you know somebody else with a new devicve, you could sign into theirs with your BlackBerry ID, open BBM, it will reconnect, then switch back to yours. Now your friend would have to do a wipe to get their BlackBerry ID on, but at least your problem would be solved
    08-22-13 09:58 AM
    I still have my 9900, so am going to try on it.
    But when I sign back in on my Q10, will it retain all my previous data? (obviously no new data during the change of device signed in)
    Thanks.
    If you know somebody else with a new devicve, you could sign into theirs with your BlackBerry ID, open BBM, it will reconnect, then switch back to yours. Now your friend would have to do a wipe to get their BlackBerry ID on, but at least your problem would be solved
    08-22-13 10:07 AM

Hi,

I had the same problem for more than 2 months (I didn't realize this only until 2 weeks ago when my bbm contacts asked why my profile pic hadn't changed). Today I did a security swipe and the bbm is behaving normally again. My contacts are seeing my latest pic/status. Try it - be sure to back up everything (even though the BB Link might be another problem).

Check this video for better instructions:
    08-25-13 07:44 AM
    Okay I'm having an annoying problem with BBM!
    I can changes dps but when I add a clean picture almost hq it turns out to be very small and more likely lower than low quality that you can't even read what's in it if it contains text in it.
    On my older phones it used to crop the image but it never changed the quality of the picture.
    But on my z10 it just convert the image to the worst quality ever that my friends can only see pixels and a small box.
    Any idea how to fix this?
    I know this is a q10 thread but I did not want to start a new topic that was already made before.
    08-25-13 08:18 AM
    Well, no go on using 9900 to authenticate BBM, probably need another BB10 device for it to work.

I went the longer route of wiping and took the opportunity to update to latest 10.1 leak (too chicken to try the 10.2 )

All is good now.

I still have my 9900, so am going to try on it.
    But when I sign back in on my Q10, will it retain all my previous data? (obviously no new data during the change of device signed in)
    Thanks.
    08-26-13 11:03 PM
    Actually, even on BB OS7 device, when you crop, there is degradation of the image quality (if you resize) BUT on BB10 device it seemed much worse.
    When cropping it seemed to degrade the image like you're zooming 10x!
    Am having the same issue.
    For now, i try not to crop and use the image as is.

Okay I'm having an annoying problem with BBM!
    I can changes dps but when I add a clean picture almost hq it turns out to be very small and more likely lower than low quality that you can't even read what's in it if it contains text in it.
    On my older phones it used to crop the image but it never changed the quality of the picture.
    But on my z10 it just convert the image to the worst quality ever that my friends can only see pixels and a small box.
    Any idea how to fix this?
    I know this is a q10 thread but I did not want to start a new topic that was already made before.
    08-26-13 11:06 PM
    Basically what might have happened somewhere on the line is one of the following scenarios.
    1. Downloaded a BB Connect app and denied the permissions and it messed up your connection to the BBM Server.
    2. A Blackberry ID Update was requested and it was declined.
    3. You used the same BB ID on a Device with a BBM which was not updated, later the device was updated and it messes up your BBID.

Never mind what happened, something happen that mess up you Blackberry ID

Unfortunately the fix is a painful process but I have done this for about 4 to 5 devices now.
    And confirm it worked. And 4 of the cases were problem number 3. 1Case it is the usual answer. I did not do anything.
    FIX:
    1. Download the LATEST BB Link Software.
    2. Do not install it together with OS7 Desktop software
    3. Make 2 separate backups. 1 for Media, 1 for Application data and settings
    4. Does security wipe.
    5. Do not login to BB ID during setup
    6. When all is done, then go to BBM and sign in with BBM ID and Password.
    (If the BBID was messed up you will notice an old backup of BBM will be restored)
    7. Close BBM and restore your Application Data and Settings.
    8. Open your BBM, You will see that it now will update BBM Information again and do auto restore again.
    9. Give it about 5 to 10 Minutes and restore your media if you want.
    Off you go BBM is working fine again. Status Updates, Profile Pics and all
    09-20-13 01:08 AM