Err.. i don't know to laugh or get angry.

I wasn't doing anything much on my phone except emailing and whatsapping. I was wondering why no one messaged me in BBM. When i opened my BBM, all my contacts are gone, only the groups remained.

What in the blue hell just happened?
    07-23-13 11:37 AM
    What happens in Hub if you hit Compose at bottom then select BBM? Does it show BBM Contacts there?

Try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down top button, for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, BB splashscreen again. I keep holding it down until I see the blue startup icon.
    07-23-13 12:31 PM
    Anytime I run into weird problems with any electronic device, I apply the Microsoft Solution. "Have you tried rebooting?"

Hold down the physical button on the top, and keep holding it down when it pops up the screen about locking or powering down -- and then KEEP holding it down until the phone reboots. Then wait for all that to finish and wait for the BB Hub to re-initialize, and see if the BBM contacts mysteriously reappear.
    07-23-13 12:34 PM
    Jus did that, but contacts are still gone. Friends mentioned that they no longer see me in their bbm.

What should i do?
    07-23-13 06:06 PM
    Jus did that, but contacts are still gone. Friends mentioned that they no longer see me in their bbm.
    Ugh. Alas, if that didn't work, I am at a loss as to what might.... Hopefully someone else more familiar with troubleshooting weird BBM problems will see this and be able to help.

How many contacts did you lose? If it's only a few (thus would be easy to manually add them back in) that route might be an easier / simpler "solution" than trying to figure out what happened / how to reverse it. But it doesn't really shed any light on how to keep it from happening again.

Sorry I cannot be of more help...
    07-23-13 06:10 PM
    Lost 200++.. many of what are clients..
    07-23-13 06:44 PM
    Do you have a backup? 200 business contacts is downright destructive to lose. I hope you can get them back.
    07-23-13 07:30 PM
    When was the last time you actually viewed this contact list on BBM?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:47 PM
    Lost 200++.. many of what are clients..
    Holy crap.

I'm at a total loss. Maybe you can recover them with either a backup done through Blackberry Link (or through Blackberry Protect)? I seem to remember with BBOS7 a restore would let you pick and choose what you wanted, so maybe Link will let you just restore your BBM contacts?

I'd say you probably want to call BB "tech support" about this before doing much more. Because 200 business contacts vanishing into thin air is just not cool. And maybe they can walk you through a restore in Link? (Totally grasping at straws here.)
    07-23-13 07:49 PM
    Good idea. BlackBerry protect. Go to the Settings>BlackBerry Protect and scroll to the bottom and click restore. Or go to protect.blackberry.com
    07-23-13 08:43 PM
    Do you have a backup? 200 business contacts is downright destructive to lose. I hope you can get them back.
    The last time i back up the device was when i switched from my z10 to this current Q10, which was 2 weeks ago. Since then, there has been too much additions to the phone in terms of notes and contacts and what not. So I wouldn't want to restore the backup since all my new additions would be gone. This actually makes me think I should back my device up once a week.

When was the last time you actually viewed this contact list on BBM?
    About 1 hour before the contact list magically disappear, without me doing anything.

Good idea. BlackBerry protect. Go to the Settings>BlackBerry Protect and scroll to the bottom and click restore. Or go to protect.blackberry.com
    Tried that as well. It says that you have no backup stored. The website doesn't do any restoration either.

Well, I just realised that I'm not the only person facing this issue, after searching around for solution. None of the threads that was created for this issue has any workaround or solution.

This is slowly becoming into the "Random Reboot Issue", but more subtle and certainly more deadly.
    07-24-13 03:52 AM
    Sounds strange and not good.

If possible, you could try to activate BBM on another device with the same BB ID. All your contacts etc. should be restored from the "cloud" (BlackBerry Infrastructure). If they do show up - nothing is permanently lost. The root cause could be a database corruption on the BB10, but it is hard to say. You probably would need to backup the device, wipe it and reactivate it (BBM contacts should restore to this device too).

If not ... it seems that the contacts indeed were deleted on the device and the changes replicated to the cloud.

You could also try to call your carrier and ask to be connected to BlackBerry support - maybe they can help you further.

Good luck!
    07-24-13 04:41 AM
    SWEEET CREAM ON AN ICE CREAM SANDWICHHHHHHHHHH

my full contact list just reappear out of the blue! this is spooky.
    neefer likes this.
    07-24-13 11:01 AM
    If you had another BlackBerry phone and you gave it to somebody else without security wiping it, they may have gone into BBM and had the contacts associated with the old phone.

When they reappeared did you get a message such as "Associating Blackberry ID with BBM" or something similar.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 12:16 PM
    SWEEET CREAM ON AN ICE CREAM SANDWICHHHHHHHHHH
    LOL!

my full contact list just reappear out of the blue! this is spooky.
    Go plug it into your computer and do a full back-up ASAP!

And then do them at least weekly.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    07-24-13 12:46 PM
    Go plug it into your computer and do a full back-up ASAP!

And then do them at least weekly.
    DONE

If you had another BlackBerry phone and you gave it to somebody else without security wiping it, they may have gone into BBM and had the contacts associated with the old phone.

When they reappeared did you get a message such as "Associating Blackberry ID with BBM" or something similar.
    No , I didn't get such message. Or maybe it did but I wasn't there to witness it.

But you have a valid point. I had just switched from my Z10 recently to this phone. Thing is, I did the security wipe on that phone and made sure that it was clean before I sold the Z away. Moreover, if it was the case as what you described, my friends/clients would still see me in their BBM contact list. What happened yesterday was, even my existence is wiped off from their contact list.
    07-24-13 01:05 PM
    Someone at BB read Crackberry and fixed your contacts.
    07-24-13 01:24 PM
    With BBM contacts now stored in the cloud, I am not sure if they get backed up during a backup.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:27 PM
    MY BBM Contacts just suddely disappeared like yours, OMG....What can I do?
    09-08-13 11:43 AM
    There's absolutely nothing u can do. Just wait till it mysteriously appear again. But u have to message all your contacts again so that you can be reinvited back into their contact list.
    09-18-13 02:05 AM
    Agh! My contacts too disappeared after I added them. Right before my very eyes. I was about to just tap on the new contact and suddenly it's gone. :/. Whaaa?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:58 AM