As many of us have been experiencing, my BBM began to eat up my battery again. This happened out of nowhere yesterday. No software updates or anything new, and in fact the battery drain took place when BBM is unused.

Been checking existing posts about this but no one seems to have the right fix. Tried existing fix-suggestions either to no avail.

BBM & battery in bad terms again-img_20150119_211000.png

BBM & battery in bad terms again-img_20150119_114316.png

CB on Q10
    01-19-15 07:33 AM
    Never in my life had I have this happen. Maybe a factory reset may help?
    01-19-15 09:30 AM
    Never in my life had I have this happen. Maybe a factory reset may help?
    Good for you! And nope, factory reset doesn't work. Already tried a factory reset or OS reload before & this BBM issue also happened before that.

CB on Q10
    01-19-15 09:52 AM
    Is Location in BBM Settings switched on in your device? That's a known reason for high battery consumption.

CB10 @ Q5
    01-19-15 10:07 AM
    Is Location in BBM Settings switched on in your device? That's a known reason for high battery consumption.

CB10 @ Q5
    No. Even my phone's location service itself is switched off. Everything in my BBM settings are tweaked to minimize battery consumption as much as possible. Lastly, if your location service is toggled on, the battery consumption should be consistent.

CB on Q10
    01-19-15 10:17 AM
    If I may, we've already identified what cause this issue The BBM Emoticons store tries to communicate to a server to deliver metrics on your usage (api.mixpanel.com). If your Wi-Fi access point has a Ads blocking service, the IP of the server is there and blocked. So BBM tries and tries and tries... until the battery is completely drained.

You can read the thread here and check your Wi-Fi usage graph for BBM in your Device Monitor.

If you want it gone on your home Wi-Fi, you have either to disable this Ads blocking service on your access point, either to wait for a BBM Store update

By the way, if you don't find it in the settings of your router, you can also contact your internet service provider. Each one manage this feature differently.
    01-19-15 02:19 PM
    If I may, we've already identified what cause this issue The BBM Emoticons store tries to communicate to a server to deliver metrics on your usage (api.mixpanel.com). If your Wi-Fi access point has a Ads blocking service, the IP of the server is there and blocked. So BBM tries and tries and tries... until the battery is completely drained.

You can read the thread here and check your Wi-Fi usage graph for BBM in your Device Monitor.

If you want it gone on your home Wi-Fi, you have either to disable this Ads blocking service on your access point, either to wait for a BBM Store update

By the way, if you don't find it in the settings of your router, you can also contact your internet service provider. Each one manage this feature differently.
    Well, I am not using wifi with the phone. Im on mobile data almost the entire time.

CB on Q10
    01-20-15 05:39 AM
    Well, I am not using wifi with the phone. Im on mobile data almost the entire time.
    Check you Mobile usage for the BBM app ; if high when not used, contact your carrier about ads blocking.
    My carrier has this option fyi.
    01-20-15 05:51 AM
    Check you Mobile usage for the BBM app ; if high when not used, contact your carrier about ads blocking.
    My carrier has this option fyi.
    Mobile usage was high, downloaded around 75MB for the past 48h. My carrier doesn't have this option.

Anyway I've read that this is really an issue and that Blackberry hasn't released an official fix yet. Was just hoping that finally something could be done.

CB on Q10
    01-20-15 07:21 AM
    Mobile usage was high, downloaded around 75MB for the past 48h. My carrier doesn't have this option.
    So it's your issue. Call them. They have to give details if they filter your network... and you must have the option to opt-out.

In the meantime, you can always reset your phone (keep pressing both the volume up and down rockers until the BlackBerry logo is displayed). And... Don't display the Emoticons store in BBM.
    01-20-15 07:37 AM
    I'm having the sam problem since like January 18 bbm is using a lot of my battery and I hardly use it. Usually it's at about 1% now it's at 13%

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:38 AM

You can read the thread here[/url] and check your Wi-Fi usage graph for BBM in your Device Monitor.

This guy is probably right checked my wifi usage and it's using a lot

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:40 AM