Hi everybody,
    This has been driving me mental because I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere, so I hope someone here knows what to do :-)
    After the BB10 update to 10.1 I guess it was (most recent version) the native photo editing tool updated too, in the sense that most of the cool frames/filters disappeared and some boring ones (eg thin/thick black/white) replaced them...
    Now my first question is WHY would they do that? Second, is there any way to get them back? A friend told me to install photo studio and those frames are in there but it doesn't seem to work for me... Please help?
    Thanks!!!
    01-02-14 06:37 AM
    Hi everybody,
    This has been driving me mental because I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere, so I hope someone here knows what to do :-)
    After the BB10 update to 10.1 I guess it was (most recent version) the native photo editing tool updated too, in the sense that most of the cool frames/filters disappeared and some boring ones (eg thin/thick black/white) replaced them...
    Now my first question is WHY would they do that? Second, is there any way to get them back? A friend told me to install photo studio and those frames are in there but it doesn't seem to work for me... Please help?
    Thanks!!!
    Which filters and frames are missing?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:08 AM
    The frames are still there after an update to 1.2.0.429 for me.

There should be 8 frames:-

• Thick black
    • Thick white
    • Thin black
    • Thin white
    • Black blur
    • Aged photo
    • Film strip
    • Old TV

There should be 10 effects:-

• Black and white
    • Lomo
    • Antique
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • Half-tone
    • Sepia
    • Cartoon
    • Sketch
    • Whiteboard

01-02-14 07:11 AM
    Hi, thanks for your replies.
    The filters and frames mentioned above are indeed the current ones, but BEFORE the OS10 update, there were others (I don't remember the exact names)
    -frame looking like a negative photo strip
    -nice round corner off-white frame
    -frame with overlay looking like an old and dusty photo (not like the current one with the tape)
    and more!
    I have a friend who still managed to use one of these under the OS update so they have to be somewhere...
    Thanks!
    01-02-14 07:50 AM
    Hi, I'm back with more info... I don't think it's possible that nobody else noticed this???
    So I found some names of the old frames that were actually called STYLES (while current Filters were called Artistic):
    -grain
    -age photo (NOT the completely torned-looking aged photo we have now)
    -filmstrip (NOT the one we have now, much thinner and rather grey-ish than black)
    -sixties (NOT the sixties filter we have now nut a round corner frame in off white)
    -smooth face (equivalent to beautify now I think)
    How to edit photos using the BlackBerry 10 photo editor | CrackBerry.com
    It seems that we can still access them somehow and this is my question... Please help me :-) thanks!
    01-16-14 10:02 AM
    I have this same concern! I loved the old frames!

Posted via CB10
    MissCoco7 likes this.
    01-16-14 10:30 AM
    I have this same concern! I loved the old frames!
    At last, someone who knows what I'm talking about! We gotta find a way back to the old frames... Anybody?? Please
    01-17-14 04:14 AM
    Seems like no one cares :'(

Posted via CB10
    MissCoco7 likes this.
    01-17-14 02:45 PM
    I don't get it... Anyone??? :-(
    01-22-14 06:48 AM
    Holy s*** just notices this! Omfg?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:03 AM
    There have been some topics about this before, it is a shame they removed them! I love the idea of the native editor, it makes filter-apps obsolete if they add some more nice ones.
    I have no idea why they removed the old (better) ones, they should have just added the new ones instead of replacing them. I hope they can put some more effort into it in the future.
    01-28-14 10:12 PM
    I miss the watercolor filter

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 10:18 PM