So, I've been doing some research the last couple of days since the "leaked" image of the new qwerty device came out. I've also looked at the 2013 BB road map. Obviously, the Nevada will be out in Q1, while the Naples and Nashville will supposedly be out between Q2-3 and Q3-4, respectively. There are rumors that one of the 2 remaining phones in the N-Series will be a full touch slider, much like the Torch 9800 series, which I've owned previously. My question is, how do we know which of these devices will be classified as the "low", mid-range and high-end devices, and whether or not we should wait until all the devices are out, so as to make a truly informed decision?

I'm not all that impressed with the look of the first device that we've seen in the series, especially considering the pictures of the concept devices we've seen. I'd RUN to get the TK Justice BB10 device. How do we know then, that these concept looks won't be used for the upcoming N-Series devices? I just want to get the best device BB has to offer, and don't want to be hasty just because the Nevada is first to come. Thoughts??
    12-26-12 01:45 PM
    You don't however, if you're constantly chasing "the next big thing" then you are forever waiting. Live today not 6 months from now. Technology always has something better "coming soon"
    BrizzadMan and spike12 like this.
    12-26-12 02:07 PM
    Get the N and save up $ to cancel your contract after a year then buy the next one. It's not cheap, but it keeps you current if you must be.
    12-26-12 02:11 PM
    Get the N and save up $ to cancel your contract after a year then buy the next one. It's not cheap, but it keeps you current if you must be.
    That's the thing, once I do get one, I'd have to purchase it outright, since I'm on T-Mobile pre-paid. After my Torch 9800 bit the dust, I switched over to Android and bought an HTC MyTouch 4G Slide, which I'm currently using. What a mistake, being lured by the supposed openness of Android. Not to say that it isn't, but the apps are made half-assed, and I keep seeing cheap copies of apps available only on iPhone. That's hilarious, btw, considering "FANDROID" fools call iPhone owners "sheep". Anyway, the batteries in HTC phones are HORRIBLE, and the keyboard on my current phone is NO WHERE near the perfection that the BB keyboards are. For me, the keyboard is a must. So, I just wanna be sure and get the best value for my outright dollar.
    12-26-12 02:29 PM
    Then I guess you'll have to try ALL devices once they come out to make that Informed decision. No one can decide for You. Only yourself.
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    12-26-12 06:20 PM
    Agreed, you may just have to wait if nothing else is viable. Sorry. :/
    12-27-12 12:53 AM
    If you have a liking for a particular form factor for BB10, just wait for it. Simple as that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 01:49 AM
    My question is, how do we know which of these devices will be classified as the "low", mid-range and high-end devices, and whether or not we should wait until all the devices are out, so as to make a truly informed decision?
    There's no way to know at this point. I'm hoping that RIM exceeds past performance and properly communicates what will available on January 30th.

I'm not all that impressed with the look of the first device that we've seen in the series, especially considering the pictures of the concept devices we've seen. I'd RUN to get the TK Justice BB10 device. How do we know then, that these concept looks won't be used for the upcoming N-Series devices? I just want to get the best device BB has to offer, and don't want to be hasty just because the Nevada is first to come. Thoughts??
    I'm pretty much of the same mindset, I wasn't impressed with the "leaked" images of the N-series either. At this point the only thing I can hope for is that what's been shown is some sort of dev model and not the final build...because what's been circulating for the last week or so has been underwhelming to say the least.

An actual TK Justice design might be too much to hope for.
    12-27-12 01:53 PM
    There's no way to know at this point. I'm hoping that RIM exceeds past performance and properly communicates what will available on January 30th.

I'm pretty much of the same mindset, I wasn't impressed with the "leaked" images of the N-series either. At this point the only thing I can hope for is that what's been shown is some sort of dev model and not the final build...because what's been circulating for the last week or so has been underwhelming to say the least.

An actual TK Justice design might be too much to hope for.
    Lol, I agree there. Actually getting the TK Justice out in stores would be like the heavens opening up and angels singing The Hallelujah Chorus.
    12-27-12 04:03 PM
    I can't seem to stop staring at the TK Justice and Victory design concepts. Just the amount of screen space on them, coupled with that iconic BB keyboard, woof!. They're both drool worthy. Personally, the Justice looks to be more sturdy and of good build. Both sexy-looking, though, lol.
    12-28-12 03:42 PM
    So, I've been doing some research the last couple of days since the "leaked" image of the new qwerty device came out. I've also looked at the 2013 BB road map. Obviously, the Nevada will be out in Q1, while the Naples and Nashville will supposedly be out between Q2-3 and Q3-4, respectively. There are rumors that one of the 2 remaining phones in the N-Series will be a full touch slider, much like the Torch 9800 series, which I've owned previously. My question is, how do we know which of these devices will be classified as the "low", mid-range and high-end devices, and whether or not we should wait until all the devices are out, so as to make a truly informed decision?
    You should not read too much into roadmaps and codenames, especially when the only real mentions of those 3 n-series models being spaced out like that is about 10 months old by this point and given what we know of the l-series being 3 network variants coming out at the same time roughly, the odds are that Nevada, Nashville and Naples are something similar and will all launch at roughyl the same time.

All the leaks we have had more recently point to a release schedule of l-series, n-series and then a lower end model (perhaps qwerty first given that latest leaked photo) so hanging on and waiting for something that might be a long way off or not currently in their plans at all seems to be unwise and if you want a qwerty over all-touch then get what comes first for your carrier of choice.
    12-28-12 04:19 PM
    Nevada or L 10
    12-29-12 06:03 PM