I've had my Q10 for about 5 days now, and one of the big things I've been exited about getting on BB10 is The Hub.

After a few days on the Q10, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. From what I can tell the peek-into-the-hub feature is AWESOME if you have a Z10 -- with the bigger screen -- and being able to see the individual accounts listed down the left "margin" with their magic red splats indicating where the new message is so you can decide if you want to open it.

But on the Q10 with the smaller screen? Not so much. When I peek, over half the screen is taken up with the "default" list items: Hub, Notifications, BBM, Text Messages. (What the heck is supposed to appear in that "Notifications" one, anyway??)

After 4 default items, then I can see 3 of my email accounts. I have 7 email accounts set-up (so far) on my Q10. So when I "peek" into the Hub to find out what just arrived -- if it's not in one of those first three accounts I can't see what it is. Sure I can see the Hub icon right there at the top with the splat. But, duh, I already knew there was a new message in the Hub, since I'm peeking into it!

I'm realizing now that I'm going to have to "rename" my accounts to bypass the alphabetical sort and try and get my more frequently used mailboxes closer to the top of the list... but still. Kinda disappointing.

Has anyone else experienced this / feel this way about the Q10? I suppose I'm a bit of an outlier with 7 accounts... but even if I only had one email account set up, the next items in the list would be Facebook and Twitter, leaving LinkedIn off the screen and unviewable on the Q10.

I suppose it's a "minor" problem in the long run... but still... it's kinda deflated my BB10 Is Awesome balloon.
    06-25-13 07:33 PM
    You can roll up the icons to see the ones below in the hub. I agree. It's a PITA, but...

Posted with my zed10
    06-25-13 07:49 PM
    I guess it's just one of the sacrifices with the smaller screen. I don't really need a big screen (and I don't get a ton of e-mails... mainly text messages and Facebook notifications) so my Hub experience is still very good.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:06 PM
    Yeah, and I REALLY wish I had the option to not show the BBM account. I don't use it, why is it there? But you can't turn it off... Maybe in a future release...
    06-25-13 08:12 PM
    (What the heck is supposed to appear in that "Notifications" one, anyway??)(
    "Notifications" is for stuff like Skype (I guess because it's not integrated into the hub?) and notifications of updates to apps and software and when the wifi loses internet connection and weather alerts etc...
    06-25-13 08:15 PM
    Yeah, and I REALLY wish I had the option to not show the BBM account. I don't use it, why is it there? But you can't turn it off... Maybe in a future release...
    I shouldn't say you can't turn it off. You can switch it to off in the settings, but it doesn't go away!
    06-25-13 08:17 PM
    Can you customize the HUB - meaning what is and what is not shown?

I don't use FaceBook or BBM. But, I do use LinkedIn, SMS, Twitter, and email. I just want those four not the additional ones.
    06-25-13 08:18 PM
    Can you customize the HUB - meaning what is and what is not shown?

I don't use FaceBook or BBM. But, I do use LinkedIn, SMS, Twitter, and email. I just want those four not the additional ones.
    You can customise it, sort of. You can stop stuff coming through the BBM and FB part of the Hub but it seems like there are certain default accounts (BBM, FB, LinkedIn etc.) and even if you shut off messages from notifying you through the Hub, the icon is still there in the list on the left. It's a bit odd to say the least.
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    06-25-13 08:38 PM
    Just an FYI guys, I've just checked on both Z10 and Q10 if you go into settings you can turn all your accounts off in HUB Management, to show only what you like.

Posted via CB10
    Dim-Ize and Edward in Toronto like this.
    06-25-13 08:44 PM
    Just an FYI guys, I've just checked on both Z10 and Q10 if you go into settings you can turn all your accounts off in HUB Management, to show only what you like.
    Posted via CB10
    But it doesn't actually take the icons out of the Hub (at least for BBM, FB etc.). They are still there in the list on the left. Just no notifications come through. So even though I have BBM turned off in the settings, the icon on the left is still there (just sitting there uselessly!).

I also tried turning FB off but the icon stays there too. Maybe the intent is to get rid of them from the Hub. If so, this is a bug. (I can't see it being a very useful feature!)
    06-25-13 09:12 PM
    Yea the icon stays there, the trick is to never leave the hub with it displaying the accounts. I always go into the hub, then swipe out. Then when I peek, I only see the hub ( and the accounts I want to see). Works well enough for me so far.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:21 PM
    Yea the icon stays there, the trick is to never leave the hub with it displaying the accounts. I always go into the hub, then swipe out. Then when I peek, I only see the hub ( and the accounts I want to see). Works well enough for me so far.

Posted via CB10
    I _think_ I understand what you mean... I just get way too many emails for that view to be really useful. I go into the Hub view with the icons a lot to change email accounts. And with Whatsapp taking up an extra spot I don't even get to see three email account without swiping down. I'm confident (sort of) that this will be fixed in a later version of the software... Along with allowing the user to sort the icons to their preferred order.
    06-26-13 12:17 AM