Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By aliyuiliyasu
  • 2 Post By akuma13
  • 1 Post By AfroZepher
  • 1 Post By trini_pirate
  • 1 Post By amjass12
  • 1 Post By NCUDS
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post BB10 APPS

BB10 so far appears greatly everything appears to be lovely about it, but as a blackberry and an iOS/android user, there are still apps that i need to see running on BB10 before i can let go of my old phones and upgrade to a BB10 phone. we have all seen some great apps so far appearing to be working on the bb10. Firstly the most used soocial network apps are Facebook and twitter which blackberry have already got them covered, bt they need to put in more of work on seeing apps like istagram and skyype come to BB10 at launch or few weeks after launch. from my observation, when ever i show an android or iOS user the blackberry 10 device, he's stunned by the OS bt then the next thing he asks is about the apps, instagram? Skype? until such apps are being made to run on bb10, Such apps not being available on BB10 will be a real Deal breaker. i hope we get this apps be available and we can go all the way blackberry 10.
    Thanked by:
    AfroZepher (12-25-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    288beaf3

They are
    Thanked by:
    aliyuiliyasu (12-22-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

OP you are spot on. Everyone knows that RIM makes great functional devices but the apps are truly the dealbreaker for BB10. If there is no decent app support all this work on the seemingly great OS and Hardware is for nothing.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

Skype, Instagram, Netflicks, all over rated.

MSN Messenger, Facebook and Memopad are all all I am really needing to be on BB10.

EDIT: If I wanna watch movies, I'll do so on My Playbook, or this 60 inch tv infront of me.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Re: BB10 APPS

Quote Originally Posted by BriniaSona View Post

MSN Messenger, Facebook and Memopad are all all I am really needing to be on BB10.

EDIT: If I wanna watch movies, I'll do so on My Playbook, or this 60 inch tv infront of me.
    Unlocked Bluetooth and file manager are also overrated in iOS. See a trend there?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

Skype, Instagram, Netflicks, all over rated . . .
    Agreed . . . these apps are over rated but they are also what mobile users expect to be on the their devices now. . .period. . .If they are there then great, people will actually consider the device. If they are not there then yes I will still buy it but it'd be tough to convince others to do the same. . .

You can also visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs for the apps you want . . .Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
    and some petitions below if you don't mind . . .

Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and . . .
    Pandora®: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    Thanked by:
    aliyuiliyasu (12-30-2012) 
    aliyuiliyasu likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    216E1579

Quote Originally Posted by aliyuiliyasu View Post
    BB10 so far appears greatly everything appears to be lovely about it, but as a blackberry and an iOS/android user, there are still apps that i need to see running on BB10 before i can let go of my old phones and upgrade to a BB10 phone. we have all seen some great apps so far appearing to be working on the bb10. Firstly the most used soocial network apps are Facebook and twitter which blackberry have already got them covered, bt they need to put in more of work on seeing apps like istagram and skyype come to BB10 at launch or few weeks after launch. from my observation, when ever i show an android or iOS user the blackberry 10 device, he's stunned by the OS bt then the next thing he asks is about the apps, instagram? Skype? until such apps are being made to run on bb10, Such apps not being available on BB10 will be a real Deal breaker. i hope we get this apps be available and we can go all the way blackberry 10.
    Perfectly fair point. Sure the phone will be nice, but if you have to compromise not using your everyday apps, why the **** would you switch unless you at least know they're coming. RIM should WANT to have all these common apps regardless because they know what they're up against. A handful of people will say these apps are over rated and not needed. Fine for them, but they aren't paying RIM's bills.
    Thanked by:
    amjass12 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: BB10 APPS

overrated, possibly....

but when you realise you have an important use for it. ....for example I don't normally use skype as I don't normally need it.

but when my family goes abroad, or my gf.... you realise how useful it is and how badly you do actually need it in those circumstances. believe me, listening to the voice through speakers and replying by text is not fun.... obv the solution for me is to buy a webcam... but when I'm out and about or at someome elses house or whatever... a skype application might just be essential.....

so I'm with the op on this one... (even though I'm getting the l-series as soon as I'm able to)... those kind of apps have to be there!

Rim are not stupid however, and with this huge developer initiative they have created, I'm hoping for a few good surprises in the app department at launch!!!!
    Thanked by:
    aliyuiliyasu likes this.
    CrackBerry User

HAHA! MSN Messenger.. What is this 2002? Its 2013 you know!?

Apps are gonna be one of the main reasons if BB10 succeeds or not. Simple as that. Those apps might be overrated, agreed, but its what is popular today, unlike MSN Messenger. (Seriously?)
    If BB10 sports quality apps like iOS does, then they will be back... If they keep having crap and expensive apps as they do now, they will die miserably.
    Thanked by:
    aliyuiliyasu likes this.