I received my BBQ10 from VzW yesterday (Mon 10Jun) and am having the darndest head-scratching moments figuring out how to get this thang as I want it.

1st - How to delete Bookmarks from the Browser (I just have too many bookmarks from a couple years of navigating in the relatively easier internet seas of the BB9930 environment; I want to keep many but deep-six most of what was pulled over when I did my restoration using BB Protect). And, no, I haven't figured on just doing a factory-reset just to get rid of bookmarks. Yet.
    I can really use some hand-holding with that.

2nd - How to kill and remove icons for apps I have no intention of using [Bing, a lot of other crap that came on the device, including BBM, which I know is native resident but I never ever use (used) them] and do not want to see icons I have no intention of using. How do I delete or at least hide those suckers I do not need?

I know it is early in the experiential life of the public for this device but does anyone know if anyone bothered to write up a compilation of "Yes, both you and I know you are an !d!ot when it comes to this device; allow me to show you how it is all done" hand-holding help docs for this device yet?

Thank you, in advance,
    06-11-13 09:03 AM
    1. Hold down on the bookmark and then click the garbage can.

2. Hold down on the icon and then click the garbage can. Or hold down on an icon and then move it over another one you want. This will bring up the option to create a folder that you can name Junk.
    06-11-13 09:06 AM
    I received my BBQ10 from VzW yesterday (Mon 10Jun) and am having the darndest head-scratching moments figuring out how to get this thang as I want it.

1st - How to delete Bookmarks from the Browser (I just have too many bookmarks from a couple years of navigating in the relatively easier internet seas of the BB9930 environment; I want to keep many but deep-six most of what was pulled over when I did my restoration using BB Protect). And, no, I haven't figured on just doing a factory-reset just to get rid of bookmarks. Yet.
    I can really use some hand-holding with that.

2nd - How to kill and remove icons for apps I have no intention of using [Bing, a lot of other crap that came on the device, including BBM, which I know is native resident but I never ever use (used) them] and do not want to see icons I have no intention of using. How do I delete or at least hide those suckers I do not need?

I know it is early in the experiential life of the public for this device but does anyone know if anyone bothered to write up a compilation of "Yes, both you and I know you are an !d!ot when it comes to this device; allow me to show you how it is all done" hand-holding help docs for this device yet?

Thank you, in advance,
    1) long press on the Bookmark icon you want to delete, the side bar will come up on the right and then select delete(Trash can)

2) long press on the icon you want to move/remove and then after a second or 2 it will "pulse", you can now drag and drop where ever you want. To create a folder, move an icon over another they will merger and you can name it. To delete, same thing, long press when it puulses there "may" be a trash can icon on the corner of the icon, tap that to delete, some apps cannot be delete (like BBM) for these add the ones you don't wat to a folder and move it to your last app page.
    06-11-13 09:08 AM
    A long press of the bookmarks when in list mde should bring up a side menu with a trash can. Make sure you are not confusing bookmarks with history.

For icons/programs, long press them, they will start pulsing, press the trash can to delete. Some core apps cannot be deleted, just put them in a separate folder. Other stock apps, when deleted, will show up again if you check for software updates. For these, just put them in the same folder as the ones you cannot delete or just don't check for updates after deleting them.
    06-11-13 09:12 AM
    Thank you so much for yall's rather immediate wise responses.
    I was almost at the point of sending this back in return for my 9930. As soon as my 20 year old grandson (he's a major phone geek who gets orgasmic "playing" with phone-devices; i feel sorry for him) returns from "playing" with it for some hours now I'll give yall's teachings a go.
    This bit of wisdom goes into chapter 2 (Making your device Your device) should one work on such a document as originally queried.
    Thank you all again.
    06-11-13 01:53 PM