I know there are some limitations with bridge but I can't seem to find in this forum if when the Q10 is bridged to the PlayBook can you surf the web on the PlayBook using your carrier data like I can currently with my Bold 9900 and PlayBook on AT&T?

no I don't use the mobile hotspot feature.

*update after reading the replies*

this is why the CrackBerry forums are the best, you guys are the best. I feel a lot better now and simply wait for AT&T to release the Q10.
    Last edited by thelink74; 05-23-13 at 09:15 PM.
    05-23-13 11:48 AM
    You should be able. It works with my Z10

Some mentioned that you need to download the general Bridge app not the one from your carrier. The way to do that is to remove your sim card and download it from BlackBerry World over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:00 PM
    You can use BlackBerry Bridge, mobile hotspot, or internet tethering for internet access. All through a Q10, yes.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:42 PM
    My Q10 is my full time modem / router for 4G LTE internet access because my provider is unlimited.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:44 PM
    Just use the hotspot feature in the settings of the phone, no need for bridge support for browsing and using your mobile data.
    05-23-13 01:15 PM
    Hotspot is disabled on AT&T. Bridge will work, but like a previous poster mentioned, you have to take out your SIM and download it over wifi.
    05-23-13 01:31 PM
    I see no indication that Bridge will support internet browsing to the Q10. All bridge does that I see is allow the phone to be a mouse/keyboard for the PB. It is some lame-*** sauce I tell ya LAME SAUCE.
    05-23-13 02:36 PM
    Why would one have to remove the SIM card if the device is using wifi. Is all default connection to BB World over carrier service and not wifi if the device is on wifi? What if one simply turned off the network radio and left the wifi on? SO many infuriating obsticales put in place (by the F'ing carriers no doubt".
    You should be able. It works with my Z10

Some mentioned that you need to download the general Bridge app not the one from your carrier. The way to do that is to remove your sim card and download it from BlackBerry World over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:41 PM
    Ok, I have a Q10 and a PlayBook, will post update tonight but as far as I know you can bridge and surf the internet.

There should be 3 ways to access internet on your Playbook when connecting to the Q10. 1) through bluetooth tethering, 2) turning on mobile hotspot on the Q10 and connecting the PlayBook to the wifi signal, 3) bridge.

At the end of the day, all 3 options with use your phones data plan, unlike some have tried to suggest above.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:01 PM
    I see no indication that Bridge will support internet browsing to the Q10. All bridge does that I see is allow the phone to be a mouse/keyboard for the PB. It is some lame-*** sauce I tell ya LAME SAUCE.
    Bridge does support internet browsing. I've tried it, it works. I'm on AT&T.

You might be able to just turn off the network and download bridge. Not sure... I had the SIM in, downloaded, and bridge internet was not working.

Deleted bridge. Took out SIM. Downloaded "non-AT&T" bridge. SIM back in. Bridge internet browsing works.
    05-23-13 04:52 PM
    What the! I use BlackBerry bridge to browse on my playbook every day from my q10

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:05 PM
    Bridge does support internet browsing. I've tried it, it works. I'm on AT&T.

You might be able to just turn off the network and download bridge. Not sure... I had the SIM in, downloaded, and bridge internet was not working.

Deleted bridge. Took out SIM. Downloaded "non-AT&T" bridge. SIM back in. Bridge internet browsing works.
    So this tells me that it's not BlackBerry that is dropping the ball here, this is the service provider not allowing it

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:15 PM
    So this tells me that it's not BlackBerry that is dropping the ball here, this is the service provider not allowing it

Posted via CB10
    Yep, it's always been the carrier. AT&T blocks Hotspot on EVERY phone unless you buy their tethering plan. They gotta make their $$
    05-23-13 10:22 PM
    Yep, it's always been the carrier. AT&T blocks Hotspot on EVERY phone unless you buy their tethering plan. They gotta make their $$
    True. And that is the reason you need to remove your AT&T sim before downloading the bridge app otherwise you will get the blocked bridge app from AT&T. BlackBerry world will look which sim is installed and download the version for that carrier, if nothing is installed than you will get the general BlackBerry version.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 04:54 AM
    There are phone companies that charge to hot spot? That is the biggest load of cr@p I have ever herd! How do they get away with that. Wifi tablets would be useless. There biggest pro is there portability and you always have your phone on you to get a hook up. That is a crazy scam! Nobody tell telstra about that.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 06:16 PM