Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By diegonei
  • 1 Post By vvdon03hcmut
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Q10 - Add Contact to Sim card

Dear BBer, Expert,
    Please help me with Contact app on BB Q10,

Currently, when adding a Contact, Contact default saves in memory, not save in Sim Card,
    I want to add a contact directly to Sim Card OR which option must I pick to switch between saving on Sim or Memory?

And another,
    How to know current contact list that using is Sim card or Memory? Can I select contact list to use, Or on memory or on Simcard,
    I want to save contact on sim for using flexible,
    Does option "Copy Contact from Sim card" lose existing contacts on sim?

Thank you very much for your help,

Regards,
    Don

Welcome to the forums.

BB10 defaults to device memory.

You can manually save contacts to the SIM card - one by one (Contacts > said contact > overflow [the dots on bottom right] > Add to SIM).

Also, If you swipe from the top > Settings, on the very bottom of that page, you have an option to copy contacts to the SIM card AND manage those.

In main contact window, bottom left, you'll see an icon reading All. Tap that and you'll see all contact databases. If you hit SIM, you should see only the contacts stored in the SIM card.

You can also tell the contact app which databases to use. Swipe from top > Settings and disable any you don't want to see. Just keep in mind. Newly added contacts will still save to device memory even if you set all but SIM contacts off.

That should have you covered!
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

Thanked by:
    vvdon03hcmut (07-06-2013) 
    vvdon03hcmut likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thank you diegonei, your instruction s very detailed.
    In case, there are some contacts which are synced from facebook, but now I don't want to sync any more, how to delete those contacts quickly instead of deleting one by one
    diegonei likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vvdon03hcmut View Post
    thank you diegonei, your instruction s very detailed.
    In case, there are some contacts which are synced from facebook, but now I don't want to sync any more, how to delete those contacts quickly instead of deleting one by one
    Edit your facebook account in Settings > Accounts and disabled contact sync for facebook. They will all vanish.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post

BB10 defaults to device memory.

You can manually save contacts to the SIM card - one by one (Contacts > said contact > overflow [the dots on bottom right] > Add to SIM).
    Hello,
    Trying to do this on Q10 and when I click on the three dots the only options that I have are :
    -Edit
    -Add as Favorite
    -Links
    -Share Contact
    -Delete

Any ideas ?? Thank you in advance....