So I decided I would put the Q10 through its paces after I got it upgraded to 10.1.0.1284

I have to say I am very impressed.

I pulled this off the charger around 5p on Wed and I've just hit 35% battery life remaining.

LTE & Wifi have been on the entire time, I've rebooted it probably 6 times, and all my incoming notifications are on vibrate.

I've made minimal phone calls on it, this is my work phone so I just use it mainly for work emails which never stop since I am in IT.

Hopefully the Z10 owners also see a bump in battery life when 10.1 hits!

Hope this answers some performance issues people might have!

Oh, one more thing.

Since this is a test device I'm running it with the 1800mAh battery, not the 2100 that it will ship with.

Cheers,
    04-12-13 03:33 PM
    wow, sounds awesome! i cant decide between z10 and q10. i have a 9930 and would love to go with the q10 for the keyboard and how efficient i know i'll be on it but the bigger screen = more apps or space to enjoy web browsing etc. do you find apps to not work as well and wish you had the bigger screen of the z10?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-12-13 03:38 PM
    Wow! Cant wait to pick the Verizon version up!
    04-12-13 03:44 PM
    wow, sounds awesome! i cant decide between z10 and q10. i have a 9930 and would love to go with the q10 for the keyboard and how efficient i know i'll be on it but the bigger screen = more apps or space to enjoy web browsing etc. do you find apps to not work as well and wish you had the bigger screen of the z10?

Well I do have a Z10 as my main phone, I have found that I can't install some apps on the Q that are available for the Z. That just may be something with my software load or they are genuinely unavailable for the device until they are updated. I love them both, I don't mind carrying two phones so I get the big screen on my Z, and can pound out long emails with easy on the Q.

The CB app for instance works pretty well but the topic list on the forum is blacked out until you select the thread (ie. guess), this will be fixed by them when they update the app for the Q.
    04-12-13 03:45 PM
    The Q10 is using a AMOLED display, which is also smaller than the Z10. I'd chalk it up to those two as being the most significant factors in sipping battery juice.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-12-13 03:52 PM
    Well I do have a Z10 as my main phone, I have found that I can't install some apps on the Q that are available for the Z. That just may be something with my software load or they are genuinely unavailable for the device until they are updated. I love them both, I don't mind carrying two phones so I get the big screen on my Z, and can pound out long emails with easy on the Q.

The CB app for instance works pretty well but the topic list on the forum is blacked out until you select the thread (ie. guess), this will be fixed by them when they update the app for the Q.
    hmm, i guess i'll have to see how the apps i use most will be on the q10 vs the z10. one thing i know for sure by the videos and photos is that the q10 is a much better looking phone. frets to the edges!!

04-12-13 03:56 PM
    What country do you live in where you were able to get an early Q10?
    04-12-13 04:46 PM
    Miss my keyboard... hmm... I want a Q10. Plus, it is good to have both to test apps.
    04-12-13 04:51 PM
    What country do you live in where you were able to get an early Q10?
    Canada, but it's all who you know

Posted via CB10
    slade632 and chris8189 like this.
    04-12-13 04:51 PM
    I o miss the keyboard but not enough to give up the Z. I thought I was bad when I had my 9930. This phone never leaves my side. I'm sure when I see the white one I may want to go get it but I don't see myself suffering from envy.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:28 PM
    how would you compare the size of the 99xx keyboard to the q10? bigger? easier to type on? different feel?
    04-12-13 06:28 PM
    how would you compare the size of the 99xx keyboard to the q10? bigger? easier to type on? different feel?
    As of right now the 9900 is easier for me and I think that is because of the way the keyboard is curved up on that phone.

That being said it's not like I'm struggling, I'll get used to it just like I got used to the touch screen on the Z after using Pearls for 5 years.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:39 PM
    So, post update, what is the situation with the speed dial? Sorry for the hijack, was reading this already, lol. :-D
    04-12-13 07:45 PM
    So, post update, what is the situation with the speed dial? Sorry for the hijack, was reading this already, lol. :-D
    Haha no worries. This load is actually the same one I had the other day. I did confirm it is a problem on another Q with the same load I have. I would imagine this will be fixed in the future, in fact they have already released newer software than mine internally.

Top men are on the case (and probably some women)

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:53 PM
    I pulled this off the charger around 5p on Wed and I've just hit 35% battery life remaining.

I've rebooted it probably 6 times
    Cheers,
    Wait, so how many hours total is this?

Also why have you rebooted 6 times?
    04-13-13 01:07 AM
    cant wait to get this phone! Getting it either as an upgrade on my AT&T Account ( I have the 9900 now)

Or I will see if my Boss at work will buy it for me on Verizon to replace my iPhone 4 Junky work phone that I hate.

Super excited for the 2100mAh battery. Brings me back to the feeling I got with the Bold 9000. I could go 2 days easy on one charge!
    04-13-13 01:46 AM
    If you are getting that type of battery performance out of it with the smaller battery, I can only assume that I could pull a full day(maybe 1.5) out of it.
    04-13-13 03:42 AM
    Wait, so how many hours total is this?

Also why have you rebooted 6 times?
    Just shy of 48h when I posted, only reason I didn't push it was because I'm on call this week.

Rebooted just to clear some software headaches with this load, and I was swapping in different sim cards to try out.

Posted via CB10
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    04-13-13 06:37 AM
    U have a Q10?!! I'd love to hear what you get on a full charge with normal usage. Are you saying it may be about 3 days?
    04-13-13 12:58 PM
    I use my 9900 primarily for day to day productivity-oriented tasks, had an iPhone4 the week of release but didn't end up benefiting at all from any of it's features. The battery life and upgraded keyboard/frets have me beyond stoked. The vast majority of people I work with have fairly recent Android phones and are always ******** about battery life...can't wait to flaunt my Q10. :P
    04-13-13 01:20 PM
    U have a Q10?!! I'd love to hear what you get on a full charge with normal usage. Are you saying it may be about 3 days?
    I'm just saying what I've experienced, YMMV, I've used this phone exactly how I used my 9900 and I've found the battery life to be better especially given this phone is on LTE vs HSPA+, and I find myself using it a lot more during the day rather than just have it sit on my desk.

I think you would be able to put this phone through its paces and not be disappointed by the battery life.

My biggest annoyance about 10.1 so far is the lack of ability to change the length of the vibrate, hopefully that changes.
    04-13-13 03:24 PM
    Canada, but it's all who you know

Posted via CB10
    Haha, that applies to most things in life
    04-13-13 03:45 PM
    Haha no worries. This load is actually the same one I had the other day. I did confirm it is a problem on another Q with the same load I have. I would imagine this will be fixed in the future, in fact they have already released newer software than mine internally.

Top men are on the case (and probably some women)

Posted via CB10
    Alright, I hope so, have my fingers and toes crossed, lol. I've already gone around flaunting the battery life you've reported at work, haha. Everyone there either has iphones or androids, and especially the android users pretty much keep their phones plugged in, lol.
    04-13-13 04:37 PM
    I've noticed the same thing, it's the people with the newer-gen Android devices always looking for the chargers at afternoon break. :P
    04-13-13 06:44 PM
    Alright, I hope so, have my fingers and toes crossed, lol. I've already gone around flaunting the battery life you've reported at work, haha. Everyone there either has iphones or androids, and especially the android users pretty much keep their phones plugged in, lol.
    God it is crazy how crappy the battery life is on those. Now I had to deal with a HUGE change going from my 9100 to the Z10 but that is part of the package when you go to a big screen like the Z has etc. While I can get about 1 to 1.5 days out of it I just leave it plugged in at work, it is what it is.

Once I'm off on call (the 19th) I'm going to look forward to running the Q until it is drained to see how long it takes.

Still thrilled, can't wait to the public released OS...
    04-13-13 11:23 PM
54 123