I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else. My Q10s battery has been amazing ever since I got it until recently, about a week ago, where it has now been draining rapidly and I'm not sure why. I unplug it at 7am and by 10am I'm at 50%. I've deleted any apps that I've downloaded within the past week, to rule that out. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:16 AM
    I seem to be experiencing the same thing with my Z10 as of late... No clue as to what might be causing it either
    07-24-13 03:07 PM
    That seems unusual. I had one issue with mine in that I noticed it was getting rather warm, gave it a full charge before retiring for the night. The next morning it was dead. I pulled the battery, reinstalled, and charged it fully. I have not had that problem again. (On 10.1.0.2030)

Just a side note: I had a rather long mp3 file being used for a ring tone. I noticed that the Q10 would not stop playing the tone (if not answered) once it started, it just kept repeating the song and I this may have killed the battery when I was not around. I've sense used a shorter version of the song as a ring tone. So far so good.
    07-24-13 03:11 PM
    So let me get this straight: you took the battery out, put it back in and then fully charged the battery, and that's how you fixed the problem, at least for now? Also, did you have the phone on while you fully charged the battery?
    That seems unusual. I had one issue with mine in that I noticed it was getting rather warm, gave it a full charge before retiring for the night. The next morning it was dead. I pulled the battery, reinstalled, and charged it fully. I have not had that problem again. (On 10.1.0.2030)

Just a side note: I had a rather long mp3 file being used for a ring tone. I noticed that the Q10 would not stop playing the tone (if not answered) once it started, it just kept repeating the song and I this may have killed the battery when I was not around. I've sense used a shorter version of the song as a ring tone. So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:39 PM
    I ve had the q10 for about 2 months now and it has started to drain quickly. The issue is the apps you leave running. There are a few that drain the battery quick. Sadly I have to close them and my phone last the entire day else it will die around 4pm each day. I take it off the charger at 7:30am. I am not a heavy user of media but I do text and e-mail a lot on the device.
    07-24-13 03:56 PM
    So let me get this straight: you took the battery out, put it back in and then fully charged the battery, and that's how you fixed the problem, at least for now? Also, did you have the phone on while you fully charged the battery?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, after reading my own post it does not make since but I'm just relating the steps taken. I pulled the battery because I remembered that the phone was getting really warm the day before so I was checking for any damage. I noticed that the battery did have a dent in the casing, possibly some manufacturing defect, and was going to have it replaced if the problem returned. However, the most likely case is either an app was running that discharged the battery or the ringtone issue (also mentioned) did it. Either way the phone has not heated up or completely discharged over night again.

I have been charging the phone will on and did so in this case as well.
    I'm also using Bx Battery Info to monitor battery usage now.
    07-25-13 01:44 PM
    same issue here. with both my Z10's and my Q10 now. im not sure if it's due to the BBM Contacts i have (1300 contacts) and the drain is due to the updates coming from them, or it's a defective piece 3 times in a row.
    07-25-13 01:50 PM
    Well I was going to switch over to the Q from the Z because I heard its battery life was far superior but now I'm wondering.
    07-25-13 02:33 PM
    Well I came from a Z10 myself and the battery life for the Q10 is way better, in my opinion.
    Well I was going to switch over to the Q from the Z because I heard its battery life was far superior but now I'm wondering.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:35 PM
    If you search this forum, there's about 3 or 4 other threads of people complaining of the same issue and possible solutions.
    07-26-13 10:08 AM
    It seems that this has been a great solution for me. It has worked for me, just so everyone knows.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:32 PM