I've only had my Q10 a couple of days, so still getting used to its quirks.

I'm a bit confused about the backup. When I initiate backup, it goes through "System Applications data", various specific programs' data, "BB Runtime data", etc. All the time the % counter is running. Then, at about 65%, it gets to "Device settings and local contacts/calendar data". The counter clicks once or twice more and then it stops and shows as done. Is this normal? Why doesn't it count up to 100%?

And is there any significance in the phrase 'local contacts/calendar'? I thought the calendar was in two sections, 'Local' and 'BBLink'?
    08-22-14 10:43 AM
    I think I've found a clue.
    If I click 'Recent activity', after backup it shows an entry 'Failed to prepare device':-
    Backing up to BB Link-bb-recent-activity.jpg

All the time I'm backing up, the same yellow warning triangle is displayed, is that normal?

I seem to remember getting an error message (some reference to RIM disk??) when it installed drivers, but AFAICS all the drivers are up to date.
    09-05-14 09:44 AM
    [QUOTE=Biggles;10802148]I think I've found a clue.
    If I click 'Recent activity', after backup it shows an entry 'Failed to prepare device':-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Recent Activity.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	295919

All the time I'm backing up, the same yellow warning triangle is displayed, is that normal?

I seem to remember getting an error message (some reference to RIM disk??) when it installed drivers, but AFAICS all the drivers are up to date.[/QUOTE

No it is not normal. Shows the backup failed. You have to start again. When it completes successfully you get the last sentense in your image you displayed.
    09-05-14 11:45 AM
    No it is not normal. Shows the backup failed. You have to start again. When it completes successfully you get the last sentense in your image you displayed.
    I get the 'Backup complete' message every time. And I get the 'Failed to prepare device' message immediately afterwards every time.

I suspect a driver failed to install but can't find which one.
    09-06-14 02:48 AM