After a good long time in the land of Z I've finally returned to my roots and got a q10 man did I miss having a physical qwerty keyboard, feels good to hear those clickety-clacks again

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:38 PM
    LOL, I've got both. Still love my Z10 more.
    emkay47 likes this.
    09-06-13 11:40 PM
    LOL, I've got both. Still love my Z10 more.
    Not gonna lie I do miss my z10 but having the q10 is like a breath of fresh air for me right now. I got tired of running on low charge with the Z. Right now the q's battery life was a huge factor for me. I'm going to give it some time and see how I feel later. I really just wanted to experience both phones b4 the z30 came out so I can decide if I wanna stay qwerty or go back to full touch.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:56 PM
    I have both too, and it felt SO good to get back on a real keyboard again. It took a few hours for me to adjust, because the Z10 keyboard is more forgiving when you don't type exactly on the letter, it still usually knows what word to pick.

For months when I was using my Z10, my friends would comment on how "weird" it was seeing me use a touch screen phone (I hadn't had one before, closest thing I had was the 9810). Then I got my Q10 and my friends were like, "Now you're back to your old self!" In a way, they're right. I still use my Z10 a lot though, every day or two days I'll trade my sim out of one and into the other.
    emkay47 and beamolite like this.
    09-07-13 12:31 AM
    I have both too, and it felt SO good to get back on a real keyboard again. It took a few hours for me to adjust, because the Z10 keyboard is more forgiving when you don't type exactly on the letter, it still usually knows what word to pick.

For months when I was using my Z10, my friends would comment on how "weird" it was seeing me use a touch screen phone (I hadn't had one before, closest thing I had was the 9810). Then I got my Q10 and my friends were like, "Now you're back to your old self!" In a way, they're right. I still use my Z10 a lot though, every day or two days I'll trade my sim out of one and into the other.
    I've fully adjusted back to keyboard but u are definitely right when u say that the Z is more forgiving...I'm going to miss that and the flicking lol

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 01:23 AM
    I've fully adjusted back to keyboard but u are definitely right when u say that the Z is more forgiving...I'm going to miss that and the flicking lol

Posted via CB10
    You should turn on "Show Predictions" in the Language and Input settings. I've learned that typing and seeing the predicted word and tapping it really speeds things up. Like the Z10, the Q10 also learns what words we're more likely to use. Happy typing!
    emkay47 likes this.
    09-07-13 02:15 AM
    I found the predictions to be distracting and actually slowed me down. No doubt I would use it on the all touch device. The battery life is totally amazing and one of the reasons I chose the Q over any other phone on the market for my main workhorse business phone. My iphone is on the charger far more often than my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    emkay47 likes this.
    09-07-13 06:31 AM
    I found the predictions to be distracting and actually slowed me down. No doubt I would use it on the all touch device. The battery life is totally amazing and one of the reasons I chose the Q over any other phone on the market for my main workhorse business phone. My iphone is on the charger far more often than my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is ridiculously amazing! I find myself keeping it off the charger just to see how long itll last. Didn't charge it last night and I woke up to a fully functioning q10 lol. If I had done that with the Z I would have woken up to a dead one. It was so inconvenient having the Z **** out on me in critical moments of my day.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 11:05 AM
    You should turn on "Show Predictions" in the Language and Input settings. I've learned that typing and seeing the predicted word and tapping it really speeds things up. Like the Z10, the Q10 also learns what words we're more likely to use. Happy typing!
    Thanks for the tip. I had 10.2 on the Z but now I'm debating whether I should wait on the q10 for when they release 10.2 with the option to switch btwn dark and light themes. I got to experience 10.2 on the Z so I'm comfortable with 10.1 now on the q. I just wish 10.2 would hurry up so I can have more functionality and features to utilize

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-07-13 11:24 AM
    Between all 4 phones (yes, my dad works in os, so he has the first, first beta of the z30 (though apparently, z30 is not official)). Anywho, typing on virtual phones is easier on z10 because of size, but the z30's screen feels really nice (ex. on z10, if you have sweaty fingers it's hard to type, not so much on z30) so it's a tie. For q10 vs q5, I like the keyboard of the q10 but the shape of the q5 is more comfortable imho.

So it's all 'bout preference
    09-07-13 11:49 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I had 10.2 on the Z but now I'm debating whether I should wait on the q10 for when they release 10.2 with the option to switch btwn dark and light themes. I got to experience 10.2 on the Z so I'm comfortable with 10.1 now on the q. I just wish 10.2 would hurry up so I can have more functionality and features to utilize

Posted via CB10

Have you considered loading the 10.2 leak on the Q10? It works very well
    09-07-13 07:22 PM
    Have you considered loading the 10.2 leak on the Q10? It works very well
    I thought about it seeing as I had it on my Z and loved it. Only thing holding me back is that I really dig the dark theme on the Q and I don't want to lose that with the 10.2 leak yet. I'm hoping an official or newer leaked version will come soon allowing me to keep the dark theme otherwise I would have loaded up 10.2 without question long time ago lol

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:35 PM