I have a question. Does back cover ( battery door) of q10 get lose when we frequently open it during media card swap or battery swaps from time to time??? Q10s back cover does not close with clicks like in z10 or other phones out there, it has a slide so I might think that it will get lose when we open it too frequently. Does anyone has this problem I mean the people who are using it from a long time or opens the back door too often or it just might be my q10???? Any ideas guys

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 06:26 AM
    I have a couple of Q10's for my business and though they are mostly replaced with Z30's there is no detectable degradation in cover integrity. However, every one of the ATT Q10's developed keyboard double type issue. My only user on VZW for 5 months now with a Q10 does not yet have the issue. YET.
    Last edited by MGO; 07-19-14 at 11:41 AM.
    07-19-14 10:16 AM
    Mine is much looser than when I first purchased it, I think there was a thread covering this topic as more people had this issue. I have dropped my phone a couple times as well though. Also, my q10 doesn't even lay completely flat anymore because of the battery door, even when using a case (or it could be because of the steel band I guess). This is why I'm excited that the Passport has a non-removable battery door.

However, battery doors can be bought pretty cheap, if yours ever messes up.

Posted via Blackjack Q10
    07-19-14 11:25 AM
    Actually Iam surprised. I often opened it and it still works perfect. I thin the amount of open the battery door ist 500 times

It's much better than on the torch or 97xx series.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 12:33 PM
    I have opened it only once, when I bought it and inserted te SIM card. Since that time it seems to have stuck. I do not care about it, for now. Anyway, I will get the pouch and charger bundle in about two weeks, so then I will try to open itn for real.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 12:53 PM
    500 ???? Thats enough for a lifetime lol.. I think blackberry should not introduce slider battery doors in their phone. They are not reliable. I do a lot of swaping sim card and media card cause I have 3 phones at the moment so I switch the phones quite often. I'm thinking of not to open q10 back cover anymore and stick to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 01:08 PM
    I don't have a problem with my door, however I don't open it frequently. I suppose the good news is that if it does loosen, it's an easy fix and doesn't impact the device operating.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:32 PM
    Mine is much looser than when I first purchased it, I think there was a thread covering this topic as more people had this issue. I have dropped my phone a couple times as well though. Also, my q10 doesn't even lay completely flat anymore because of the battery door, even when using a case (or it could be because of the steel band I guess). This is why I'm excited that the Passport has a non-removable battery door.

However, battery doors can be bought pretty cheap, if yours ever messes up.

Posted via Blackjack Q10
    Same.

CB10 on the Q10
    07-20-14 08:51 PM
    I have the white and black one, and because I switch devices so often, I remove the battery door a lot.

The white door gets very creaky, but the black one is sturdy as ever, and I've had my Q10 since it came out here in June 2013. I remove the battery covers all the time, and it's not like the 9780, which had a cover that got so loose, it would slip off for no reason after a while.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:29 PM
    500 ???? Thats enough for a lifetime lol.. I think blackberry should not introduce slider battery doors in their phone. They are not reliable. I do a lot of swaping sim card and media card cause I have 3 phones at the moment so I switch the phones quite often. I'm thinking of not to open q10 back cover anymore and stick to it.

Posted via CB10
    Yepp 500 times. I had project at work and used my phone for sim card changing... sometimes more than 20 times a day for more than half a year

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:56 AM
    Not sure where to post about the q10 Keyboard,so I am posting here.
    Does the silver lining or frets will become black color.Did any one had any issue?

Posted via CB10
    Nope nothing like that on mine. And its used...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:48 AM
    I think the back cover would get looser when open frequently. I have had experience with the back cover of Bold 9700 which has two plastic spots for sliding work in back cover and they could be worn for a long term.
    07-22-14 10:13 AM
    Mine is significantly more lax then when I bought it...but I have a hard case cover on it so not a big deal. also got the dreaded double typing issue...can't want to ditch this beast and get a passport!!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:17 AM
    I use mine with a Blackberry case. When I slide it out of the case the back will often fall off and it has become very loose. I have had to resort to having a stip of tape to hold the back from sliding off. this is a very anoying design flaw. Likewise I welcome a device like the Passport that won't even have a back door.
    07-22-14 01:57 PM
    My battery door got loose and wiggly to the point I convinced Verizon to credit me $30 so I could buy one here. Vzw and BB both said they had no way to get me a replacement, so they budged and hooked me up. New one is tight.
    07-22-14 05:20 PM