I am three days into my Q10 and am experiencing some issues which I wonder if anyone else has experienced and can offer advice on.

A friend called me today, when we were done I went to end the call and the red end call button would not respond - problem 1.
    The while the phone was lay on its back i.e. nothing touching the screen/keyboard - it auto-dialled that same friend 4 times - problem 2 and each time the red end call button would not actually end the call - problem 1 all over.
    Also, not only the end call button, but selecting options generally takes a lot or repeated attempts. - Problem 3.

Q. Has anyone else experienced these issues and if so, can you post any solutions.
    06-01-13 09:27 PM
    I also have had the "end call" issue. Not sure what the solution is...

Posted via CB10
    vision1961 likes this.
    06-01-13 09:30 PM
    I have the same end call issue, I pinged BlackBerry about it will see what they say. It works but there is a few second delay after I take the phone away from my face that the button starts working.

Posted via CB10
    vision1961 likes this.
    06-01-13 09:46 PM
    I also have had the "end call" issue. Not sure what the solution is...

Since I sold my Q10 so fast, I have not experienced this issue, hence I probably should not chime in.
    But watching this forum, to end a call, you have to "long press" the end button, and it's by design?
    06-01-13 09:48 PM
    Someone mentioned in another thread that it's by design so you don't accidentally hang up (something I always did on my iphone) pressing it twice always works for me, and I have the same "issue" everyone's talking about
    06-01-13 09:52 PM
    problem 1 is found in .238 resolved with .273

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:19 AM
    I am on .238 and have yet to face a real problem with the end call button. It seems like a quick, single tab is not enough, so you have to keep that button holding for a short moment.
    However I noticed some sensitivity issues with the screen on a couple of other areas: In Twitter, the top right new tweet button is a nice example. But also in a few games, Beach Buggy and Mini Squadron for example, I often think the software doesn't really register the actual position of my finger touches.

I am quite sure this is a software related problem, since I have been running some tests in the browser and everything there works just fine. It would be great if the developers could sort this stuff out either way.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-02-13 03:48 AM
    I'm on .273 and have no issues with the call end button.
    My Q10 also never dialled any numbers by itself.
    However, I do have some screen sensitivity issues, in particular in the right upper corner of the screen.
    You may want to search for "screen sensitivity" in this forum, there is a long thread about the issues, and also some findings of users who tried to figure out what the problem is.
    In general, there seems to be consensus on the problem being more software- than hardware related. Which would be positive, as there would be a chance to get this fixed by OS/app updates.
    06-02-13 06:12 AM
    Learning the phone and have hit the call number button a couple of times by mistake. The end call button is non-responsive until the call is answered or voice mail picks up, then it takes an easy 30 seconds to finally end the call.
    06-05-13 12:06 AM
    How do I get .273? I am on .238 but if I look for any upgrade, I get a message saying my phone has latest software blah, blah blah.
    06-05-13 12:08 AM
    How do I get .273? I am on .238 but if I look for any upgrade, I get a message saying my phone has latest software blah, blah blah.
    I also have this issue

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:34 AM
    insert a sim card from a network that have pushed it out

SQN100-3 via CB10
    06-05-13 02:05 AM
    Simple fix until a solution comes for the auto dial issue would be to press the lock button at the top of the phone before putting it down.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    vision1961 likes this.
    06-05-13 06:18 AM
    I have vs .238 and have a helluva time with the End Call button. Sometimes it takes a half dozen or more long presses or taps to end a call. And I've tried every which way to do it that has been suggested on CB, but it still is frustrating trying to end a call.

More than a couple times I've accidently called a contact and couldn't end the call before the person picked up, then had to explain I never meant to call them. lol I'm hoping when my carrier (finally) pushes out an update that it will fix this.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    06-05-13 01:55 PM
    For the record, the issues mentioned and discussed in this thread are now all resolved. I did get a software update and that solved the auto-dial issue, the end call is definitely a firm tap/long press - which I am putting down to it being a new user experience - likewise the other function selection options, patience and experience won the day.

I am three days into my Q10 and am experiencing some issues which I wonder if anyone else has experienced and can offer advice on.

A friend called me today, when we were done I went to end the call and the red end call button would not respond - problem 1.
    The while the phone was lay on its back i.e. nothing touching the screen/keyboard - it auto-dialled that same friend 4 times - problem 2 and each time the red end call button would not actually end the call - problem 1 all over.
    Also, not only the end call button, but selecting options generally takes a lot or repeated attempts. - Problem 3.

Q. Has anyone else experienced these issues and if so, can you post any solutions.
    07-02-13 06:38 AM
    I had an autocall occur the other day. Didn't even realize it. At least it was just my father. But this could be a huge liability for professionals.

Further, the End button has been attached to a scroller, once before. I couldn't fine the End key for the life of me. My phone shouldn't fall asleep, then require me to swipe up and hut for the end key, just to end a call. Ending calls on this phone are a pain in the ***.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:36 AM
    SOMEONE find a tactile button on keyboard (major point in purchasing this q10 phone for me) that i can use to 'send' calls and 'end' calls. ps.......the blackberry "support" is worse than the PC companies in the 90's. i feel i'm being forced back to an iphone. i just need tactile keyboard, and q10 is the only smartphone with one
    05-21-14 05:39 PM
    SOMEONE find a tactile button on keyboard (major point in purchasing this q10 phone for me) that i can use to 'send' calls and 'end' calls. ps.......the blackberry "support" is worse than the PC companies in the 90's. i feel i'm being forced back to an iphone. i just need tactile keyboard, and q10 is the only smartphone with one
    Stop re-posting this and bumping threads over a year old.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 06:20 PM