Hope someone can assist, although, likely not as it is just a part of 10.3.1.

Am on a business trip and one of my Q's bit the dust. Was forced to purchase another, great price. However, I did not pay attention and purchased 10.3.1. I am one of those that prefer 10.2.2. Aargh! I can live with a number of the foibles of 10.3.1 that drive me crazy such as the washed out UI, diminished volume, etc. However, a couple of things are just driving me up the wall and wonder if I can change;

1. The following statement will be sacrilegious to many, I know. However, on the Q and for me and the various accounts I use, I find the HUB a hinderance. On 10.3.1, the phone always automatically returns to the HUB. For example, if I open an account, respond to an email, and then place the phone in my pocket, when I next open the phone, it is back to the HUB and not in the particular account I last used. Can I STOP this process? This does not happen on 10.2.2.

2. In 10.2.2, in an account when, for example, I want to delete more than 1 message, the option from the "pop out" window on the right, shows the "select more" option in the immediate menu. In 10.3.1, the option is hidden, that is, I must scroll down the "pop out" window to the very bottom. NOT efficient. Can I alter the order of the "pop out" menu? OR can I delete items from the menu so the "select more" option is in the first screen?

3. is there any way to hide the menu bar and BLUE dot at the bottom of the screen when scrolling, looking at emails? In 10.2.2, when scrolling the bar disappears and doesn't consume valuable real estate.

Thank you in advance.
    10-07-16 12:27 AM
    1. Enter the settings in hub by clicking the three dots at the buttom right of the screen then Display and Actions. Untoggle "Return to default view when idle". BTW, You should not that it actually returns just after 15mins.
    2. This is the reason you need to move to 10.3.2 as it is permanently at the bottom while other options can be scrolled thru. Can't help you with that.
    3.It does disappear in !0.3.2 too. I don't think there's a setting for that
    10-25-16 02:28 PM
    1. Enter the settings in hub by clicking the three dots at the buttom right of the screen then Display and Actions. Untoggle "Return to default view when idle". BTW, You should not that it actually returns just after 15mins.
    2. This is the reason you need to move to 10.3.2 as it is permanently at the bottom while other options can be scrolled thru. Can't help you with that.
    3.It does disappear in !0.3.2 too. I don't think there's a setting for that
    Thank you for your reply. Will follow up with your suggestions.

However, I am not keen to move up to 10.3.2 as I understand that has the feature that never ever ever lets me downgrade my phone . . . . Something I can't abide by. I do not want to be stuck with a feature, more typically some BB poor concept or cockup in the upgrade that diminishes the effectiveness of my phone.

Now if I can only stop the "pop out menus" from jumping out to cover half of the screen. I liked how the menus did not move, or jump out, in earlier versions.
    11-02-16 09:39 AM
    Trust me you'll enjoy 10.3.2. You can't downgrade mainly because of the anti-theft features that was bundled with BlackBerry Protect. Besides I also think android runtime got upgraded to 4.2

From my Awesome Z10
    11-02-16 03:10 PM
    Trust me you'll enjoy 10.3.2. You can't downgrade mainly because of the anti-theft features that was bundled with BlackBerry Protect. Besides I also think android runtime got upgraded to 4.2

From my Awesome Z10
    Yes, exactly - I have a problem with not being able to downgrade in the event, as it always seems to do, something goes wrong or I do not "appreciate" a supposed upgraded feature.
    11-02-16 08:10 PM
    2. You can always long press the email that you want to select and drag your finger to the right side of the screen without lifting it. 'Select More' is one of the options there. I hope this helps.
    11-03-16 08:27 AM
    2. You can always long press the email that you want to select and drag your finger to the right side of the screen without lifting it. 'Select More' is one of the options there. I hope this helps.
    Thank you for your reply.

Yes, true. However, it is likely all my fault, but I find the screen overly sensitive to either my lifting my finger of the screen, or slightly missing an option when I slide my fingers. When that happens, and it happens often, the pop up screen closes and I must start the process again.

I much prefer the older OS: I could tap one, two and then done. And of course the screen did not jump out and cover 2/3 of the screen. Note, I do see the jumping screen as a benefit for those with the PP and/or perhaps smaller hands.
    11-07-16 09:14 AM