Hey, so a while ago I got a z10 and spent an age trying to work out how to set up my email as I used outitgoes for my company emails. After long trial and error I fixed it (cant remember how). So my wife has a Q10 and has pestered me for my z10 and I should have her Q10. After giving in I came across the same problem. I worked out how to switch all my data/media over via blackberry link so that My phone was ready from the start. But even though I have the same details in for my advanced email account I still cant get it to work on the Q10. I just get 'the server mail.***********.co.uk for your account is not responding. Please check your settings' as I said before the details I have in are exactly the same as my z10. Please tell me I am doing something silly
    07-30-14 08:30 AM
    Have you checked your smtp username? Whenever I set up email accounts that always has to be added again.
    07-30-14 09:29 AM
    Hi jaydee. Terrible at this does my smtp username for talking sake look like 'mail.**************.co.uk'?
    07-30-14 09:35 AM
    If it is the same email account or provider that you are using, go in and view your settings and try and duplicate them on your wifes.
    07-30-14 09:52 AM
    Hi jaydee. Terrible at this does my smtp username for talking sake look like 'mail.**************.co.uk'?
    That is the domain server address...the smtp server prob has smtp in the name.
    Have you tried copying all the settings?? typing in the exact same thing as you had on the Z10?
    07-30-14 09:56 AM
    Yeah the details on both phones are the same. Its really strange.
    07-30-14 10:13 AM
    That is the domain server address...the smtp server prob has smtp in the name.
    This depends heavily on the mail provider.

To the OP: distinguish receiving and sending mail. This is separated into two completely different things, two protocols, two servers, two authentications.

Configure receiving first. You need the data of an IMAP or POP3 server, this means the server name, your user name, your user password and security informations (encryption).

Configure sending after receiving works. You need the data of your SMTP server for sending.

Don't confuse their different credentials, names and ports. Be sure you use the right encryption details on the right server, they can differ.

Setting up an email account should be done in two minutes. Finally, if you have all this working, write the things on a paper and put it somewhere. This is nothing special, many people do this.
    07-30-14 10:57 AM
    This is an example of what am filling in put nothing seems to be working.
    USERNAME: info@******.co.uk
    EMAIL ADDRESS: info@********.co.uk
    PASSWORD: **********************
    SERVER ADDRESS: mail.***********.co.uk
    PORT:110
    SMTP USERNAME info@*******.co.uk
    SMTP PASSWORD: **********
    SMTP SERVER ADDRESS smtp.outitgoes.com
    PORT 25
    07-31-14 01:46 AM
    Wife 1 Husband 0. She changed password on email. Found a site https://consumersupport.webapps.blac....php?page=form. It got all the info for me and worked a dream. I hope anyone else who is having trouble finds this site. Thanks everyone for the help.
    07-31-14 03:50 AM
    Wife has always one more, didn't you know?

BTW: your ports show me that you don't use SSL encryption. You should use SSL or TLS for your safety, in both directions. Just try it. If it will not work you have a blowzy mail provider (grumble with him!), then just change it back. - But if it works then do this step also on your wife's device (demonstrate her you have one more, too ...)
    07-31-14 04:14 AM
    I came across a problem with this in my Q10. In my mac I use the imap.company.com and smtp.company.com. It works on my mac and in android but not in my blackberry so I tried mail.company.com both for incoming and outgoing emails and it works. Well I don't know why is that. Just that it works that way and not the other way.

via Q10
    07-31-14 06:35 AM