Hello everyone,

Finally I decided to upgrade my BBQ10 and include internet on my prepaid account - yeah, I know . Before I was always using WIFI connections since where I live, study and work we already have internet and didn't really need it on the go.
    I have some problems in changing the APN.
    APN problems-img_20160119_183556.png
    As you can see from the photo, I don't have the chance to change it.
    I have tried looking up online, but I wasn't very successfull

I also got this message from my BBQ10
    APN problems-img_20160119_183603.png

Looking forward to hearing from the "experts"
    Thanks again.
    01-19-16 11:46 AM
    The BB should pick up the APN settings automatically from your SIM. If not google APN Settings for <your carrier>, putting the name of your actually carrier in place of <your carrier>
    pierodk likes this.
    01-19-16 12:17 PM
    The BB should pick up the APN settings automatically from your SIM. If not google APN Settings for <your carrier>, putting the name of your actually carrier in place of <your carrier>
    Hi pkcable,
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried that, but unfortunately I don't have the options to go into advanced settings and change the APN. I am afraid my phone might be blocked, but when I look for it in the SIM settings it says unlocked on all three options.
    I have even called my mobile provider (Lycamobile Denmark) and they sent me an email with instructions. However, not being able to enter the advanced settings i cannot change the current APN.
    Is there a way I could solve this? I would love to be able to connect to internet on my phone

Thanks again
    01-20-16 10:10 AM
    Try a Sim card from another carrier to see if it still doesn't allow you to edit.
    Might be some provisioning from the carrier as is with the ability to change from 2G, 3G and 4G.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    pierodk likes this.
    01-20-16 12:27 PM
    I am reaching out for more advanced help here. I no longer have a BB10 device. (I'm on a Priv) But I have folks on staff who do have them so hopefully one of them can help here.
    01-21-16 01:32 PM
    Is your carrier aware BB10 devices use a different network than BBOS? They might be trying to provision for BIS, which your Q10 can't use.
    pkcable and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-21-16 02:10 PM
    Well, in fact, default behavior on BB10 is that there's no APN listed in the settings so that your device relies on the SIM/Carrier defaults for that parameter. I've had to set it up once because the BB10 device I used was for data only (special plan with a second SIM for tablet/data) and it was then different (websfr) form the standard one (sl2SFR) [France, carrier SFR].

There's close to zero chance the APN is BlackBerry network (as in "blackberry.net") based; as Fret Matten stated above, this setting is much likely related to old BBOS devices (BIS : "BlackBerry Internet Services").
    The fact that you cannot access this section points in the same direction; with BIS, there was no alternative and the option was locked.

What I'd do with your carrier is ask to remove any BlackBerry service attached to your contract and ask them if you have to change SIM (or maybe refill it ?) in order to gain a "normal" data plan. Usually, a simple restart once changed on their side should do the trick.

Hope it helps,
    SF
    pkcable likes this.
    01-21-16 04:10 PM
    Hi Superfly_FR,
    Thank you very much for your suggestion and your comment to the post. I bought this BBQ10 on amazon and when I bought it, it was not connected to any plan. I am not on a contract, but on a prepaid card.
    I was informed by my carrier - Lycamobile Denmark - that sometimes internet might not work on a BB. I am trying to find someone that has a micro SIM with internet and insert in the phone and see if it works. It could be that it is the carrier.
    If, unfortunately, the situation does not change, what could I do to solve it?

Thanks again guys
    01-22-16 11:09 AM
    I was informed by my carrier - Lycamobile Denmark - that sometimes internet might not work on a BB.
    Yes, this is why Fret Madden & Superfly_FR were making their suggestion.
    It sounds like your carrier might have misunderstood you.

The "old" BlackBerry devices before BB10, which we usually call legacy BBOS devices, required a BlackBerry-specific data plan called a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) plan to function and have all resources available.
    The current BB10 devices do NOT need any kind of special plan. They use the same general data plan as any other smartphone.

From the comments, it sounds like your carrier is not aware of this and might have you on a BIS service simply because you said you had a BlackBerry. You should contact them and clarify that you are not and just on a regular data plan.

Also, from your first screenshot, can you not tap on where it says "blackberry.net" and delete/edit it. It would appear so since it's in a grey bar.
    pierodk and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-22-16 11:21 AM
    Yes, this is why Fret Madden & Superfly_FR were making their suggestion.
    It sounds like your carrier might have misunderstood you.

The "old" BlackBerry devices before BB10, which we usually call legacy BBOS devices, required a BlackBerry-specific data plan called a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) plan to function and have all resources available.
    The current BB10 devices do NOT need any kind of special plan. They use the same general data plan as any other smartphone.

From the comments, it sounds like your carrier is not aware of this and might have you on a BIS service simply because you said you had a BlackBerry. You should contact them and clarify that you are not and just on a regular data plan.

Also, from your first screenshot, can you not tap on where it says "blackberry.net" and delete/edit it. It would appear so since it's in a grey bar.
    Hi Elite,
    Thanks for clearing the air. I apologize for misunderstanding
    Is there a way I can try to make "blackberry.net" bar not grey and editable?
    Thanks again
    01-22-16 12:27 PM
    I'd start first by calling your carrier and making sure you're on a regular data plan and NOT a BlackBerry data plan. If that was the issue, your APN will probably work itself out once they change your plan and you reboot your phone.

Also, I'd contact the seller and ask him if he could please contact his carrier to double-check the phone is unlocked. You'll need to give him the IMEI number. It's found in Settings/About or under the battery if you open your back cover.

I had a Z10 from Telus that said it was unlocked in the device's settings but it wasn't actually. Telus had to unlock it still before someone could use it on Rogers.
    Last edited by Elite1; 01-24-16 at 12:30 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-22-16 12:58 PM
    Try this APN. BlackBerry10.net it works for me on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mohammed Kamran; 01-25-16 at 01:05 AM.
    01-25-16 12:07 AM
    I have successfully added my apn on Q10 by going into the escreen. Type escreen:/ in the browser to get to the escreen and be forewarned that you can brick your device if you don't know what you are doing in there. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 388985
    Last edited by javelin; 01-25-16 at 03:20 AM.
    01-25-16 12:20 AM