I have a Q10 on verizon. OS 10.1.0.201. I have three texting issues

1) when I send a text, when I hit the send button the text disappears from the box where you enter text but doesn't appear in the send pane for about 10 seconds. This is a pain when you want to send follow up text as you can't type until it's done. If you do it will pop up after those 10 seconds, but missing part of the beginning and then you have to go back and redo

2) when I receive and read a text, I read it quickly and hit the back button. Unless I wait a few seconds before closing HUB it will still register as an unread text

3) when is read one text, move back and quickly select another text from a different sender it takes me back the the same text that I had just read. I havr to wait about 7 seconds and then finally it replaces it with the second text and sender

I din not have any of these issues on my Bold, and as a BlackBerry is primarily a communication device, which should be builf for speedy communication, it's very frustrating.

Anyone else? Any advice?
    BFalcon likes this.
    08-09-13 04:43 PM
    Yes, I've had all of those above mentioned issues mate. Just have to deal with it, there's nothing you can do.

Posted via Q10
    08-09-13 04:46 PM
    Are you able to install a new OS (ie latest 10.2 leak)?
    08-09-13 04:55 PM
    Tough to just deal with this one, it's one of the primary functions of my phone. I am hesitant to install unapproved versions of the OS. Does anyone know if the leaks solve these issues?
    08-09-13 05:02 PM
    I have other issue with sms, it changes to MMS!! Sigh!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:44 PM
    I bought my phone brand new at the Verizon store..

1) I noticed the issue early on, but it was about a 1-2 second delay not a 7 second delay during texting

2) When I click on my settings or go to change my ring tone from Normal to Silent or Vibrate there is a similar delay of about 4-10 seconds

3) Verizon has sent me a replacement/refurbished phone that has the same problem, except worst than my original phone.

4) This issue is sooooooo annoying and it kills speedy texting

If you find a solution... please advise immediately
    08-14-13 12:52 AM
    I have a delay with sending texts also, even worse with mms. Pretty annoying so far

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:57 AM
    I'm not having this issue. Texts send immediately, etc.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    08-14-13 05:56 AM
    Is this carrier specific? I'm on TMO US and I don't have these issue.
    08-14-13 08:38 AM
    I'm not having this issue. Texts send immediately, etc.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Ditto!

I just tried recreating these bugs to no avail. I'm on Verizon USA...

:shrug:
    08-14-13 09:15 AM
    I have this issue on my Fido Canada Q10. SQN100-3 running 10.2.0.1047..

I've heard this issue may be because I've restored my texts from my old Bold 9780.
    The possible solution recommend to me was to clear chat history. Haven't tried it and I would rather keep the phone like this... I've had it since release day and you get used to the little flaws.

Posted via Blackberry Q10 Smartphone
    08-14-13 09:19 AM
    Mine is really playing up now! I go to open texts and they show as blank for up to two min, then they turn up. I've done a battery pull and no change. Could be a new app causing the issues?!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 05:31 PM
    Tough to just deal with this one, it's one of the primary functions of my phone. I am hesitant to install unapproved versions of the OS. Does anyone know if the leaks solve these issues?
    Yes it is one of the primary functions of a phone. So, suprising isn't it when so many pass it off as no big deal because its got the latest trendy game or instagram or some such.

Truly sorry, as I feel your pain, but all the advise I can offer is this - accept you bought a pig in a poke, like I and a lot of others did, and move on - maybe you have an older BB lying around still. Maybe you can ebay it and buy a better one second hand - I plan to. But by every criteria of productivity that matters, the older BB's are a LOT better PHONES. BB10's share nothing in common with them but the logo.

Things are a lot easier when you don't struggle upstream, and the Q10 will be complained about for as long as people are stuck with them. If you are patient and lucky, maybe the next update might see some minor improvements. In the meantime, keep the noise down over here please some of us are trying to sleep
    08-14-13 05:40 PM
    I am in the US on Verizon network and have none of the issues mention in the OP... the only thing that bugs me is anytime I enable group conversations, when I start replying to everyone is starts to send messages to each individual and not the group message... very annoying I can't even have a group conversation via texting

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by para4175; 08-14-13 at 08:25 PM.
    08-14-13 08:15 PM
    I'm so glad I'm not the only person that is annoyed at having this issue. I want to know if Blackberry is going to do anything to correct it?? It's not carrier specific. I'm with AT&T. Yes, there is a delay and you can't type a new text until the other text goes away. The other problem is that you also cannot see your past conversation until you send a text. What if someone had sent me an address or product info that I needed to go back and retrieve? I have to interrupt them with a text just so I can see our previous text?? THIS IS A TERRIBLE FEATURE. And when I "upgraded" my phone I did not expect it to be SLOWER and LESS EFFICIENT. THAT IS NOT AN UPGRADE. I have had Blackberries for years and have never been so dissatisfied with one. If I could afford to just buy another phone I would (not a Blackberry & not an iphone). They made it less user-friendly and removed some of the best features. You also cannot cut and paste a text - like perhaps I want to send the exact same info to someone else, but don't want it on a group text. I really want to know if this is permanent or if Blackberry is going to fix this? Texting on my Torch was waaaaaay better, with many more options. I hate to just vent, but am really frustrated and unhappy with new phone and lack of useful features. So... you are not alone in your quest to get answers to the crappy texting issues.
    08-16-13 09:43 AM
    I've been having similar issues with my texting experience, including only receiving half of long multi-texts. I called Verizon and they rest everything, seemed to help. But the rest of my issues are BB10 specific, similar to yours.

I am extremely annoyed by the send button placement and OFTEN graze the send key before I'm ready to send a text. Move it to the top right, I use the return button on the keyboard anyway.
    08-16-13 09:49 AM
    Same issues here with texting.
    1. I am not getting notified when a text comes in, I just have to go look at the text entry and see if a response is there.
    2. Verizon sent me a new phone yesterday, same issue.
    3. If I delete a text entry from log, it doesn't go away, but when I go back to message, the text verbiage is gone.
    4. I have to pull the battery and put back in in order to get notified, then it all starts over again.
    08-16-13 02:02 PM
    i'm with bell and i have the same exact issue so feel your pain OP.

the bb 10 wasn't designed for users who text non-stop, it is very apparent. And it's even worse when it comes to MMS.

my issue is similar to OP, but also when i receive MMS the whole hub freezes. This happens regularly and i have to do the 5 swipe thing to get the hub working again. It's so annoying.

The other annoying thing is when reading the text the message is still labelled as unread until you get out of the conversation. It bugs me every time.

While i'm very happy with my Q10 and enjoy it, it just lacks the basic funciton that any OS should be capable of. I don't want to consistently delete all my conversation because the hub cannot handle it.
    08-16-13 03:27 PM
    I too have that issue and forgot to mention, causes me much grief. Does anyone have a solution? I can't read a previous text unless I send a new one! How can I find previous texts? I tried thru the contact and in HUB. No go!
    08-16-13 06:38 PM
    So after reading a few different threads, the lag in the text showing up seems to do with pile up of past texts eating into the memory allocated for texting.

The suggested fix is to delete prior texts or atleast a good portion of it and that should clear up the issue
    08-25-13 04:55 AM