am thinking of swapping z to q so any feedback appreciated.

if u regret the switch please give reasons

thanks!

Posted by CB10 on Z10
    05-30-13 04:59 AM
    I did the switch from Z to Q... and am absolutely loving the Q in every way!!!

Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.2342

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    05-30-13 05:02 AM
    I had the Z10 for about two months before switching to the Q10. Just do it. Even if I wasn't a qwerty fan, it's just a better device. The battery life is noticeably better and the size in hand/pocket feels great. Also it's more of a looker and the build quality (well, the rear rubberyness) feels nicer for sure.

FYI I've now had the Q10 since its UK launch (more or less), so I think two weeks. I got back into the 9900's typing speed within the first day.
    Last edited by paulspiteri; 05-30-13 at 05:28 AM.
    05-30-13 05:14 AM
    Ha, this really get me thinking. I am happy with my Z but could I be even more productive with Q?
    PrettiiBadOne419 likes this.
    05-30-13 05:33 AM
    I too have gone from a Z10 to a Q10 with no regrets. Typing is now a pleasure without tpyos and it feels better in the hand.

Usually with new phones I look to buy oem accessories asap. I was looking to buy the battery bundle (I have one for the Z10 & realised how handy it is at times) but at this time there is no point as battery life is simply amazing.

Actually the thing I miss is having lots of icons on the home screen. With the Q10 I have to swipe once-right but that's minor compared to what else you get with the Q10.

Posted via my CB Q10
    sibeans likes this.
    05-30-13 05:54 AM
    If your mobile device is set to 4G signal/reception, do not expect the battery to last. I have a Z10 and set it back to 3G even though I have 4G availability and the battery lasts way longer. I never liked digital keys but I do not mind the Z10. The letters actually feel like real keys - though I am just hitting the glass. I will surely say the feel is better than typing on an iFen.
    05-30-13 06:09 AM
    I haven't put my sim into my z10 since my q10 entered my life.

That said, the z10 is awesome and I can see how some would prefer it. Have you got the flexibility to overlap and own both for a while?

Posted via talented thumbs
    05-30-13 06:23 AM
    cant afford to hold both phones. am pretty bought that the q is better to type just afraid will regret due to screen size

Posted by CB10 on Z10
    05-30-13 06:25 AM
    I tested three(!) Z10. All unlocked and all of them had the random reboot issue. In general it is a great device but I ended up with a Q10 now.

Ideal size for me. Keyboard is awesome. Got the Q yesterday with battery being at 30%. Charged it and still have 40% left over - after 14 hours (normal usage until around 10pm).

I guess after the battery has been trained it will keep the Q up and running for 2 days.

Display is very good as well. Weight similar to the iPhone5.

And: So far no random reboots.

For me it is the Q

HTH
    Stefan

Posted via CB10 running on a Q10
    05-30-13 07:14 AM
    Have both, q is better but scrolling Web pages sux on the q. I recon the os design suits touch better than qwerty

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:21 AM
    I still carry both with me as I am undecided on which to give up. I love the screen real estate on the Z10 and absolutely love the keyboard on the Q10.
    I switch between the two every week or so to be my main device as I am working overseas so 1 for the local sim card and 1 for my home sim card...
    Love em both...
    05-30-13 07:22 AM
    I moved from the zed to the q and have no regrets what so ever the q is a great communication device. I think the best it gets the job done and on time and in a fast quick efficient manner and also it looks like a true blackberry something I feel the zed 10 does not have.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:11 AM
    No way the z10 is the best phone i ever used in my life!

But!..... i do want a BlackBerry aristo!
    Maybe i'm just a BlackBerry geek

Posted via CB10
    DJRikko likes this.
    05-30-13 08:20 AM

thanks!

Posted by CB10 on Z10
    How about you posting why you want to switch? It would help us to understand why you think a Q10 is better than a Z10.

Both use the same OS so it must be the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    05-30-13 08:33 AM
    I took the plunge and got the Q after seeing so many positive reviews from those that switch.
    Now I realised how much I missed my 9900 with the keyboard

It's been one hour and am loving it so far but of cuz will see how it goes over the weeks

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:35 AM
    I switched to the Q after seven weeks with the Z. Regret is too strong, but there are things I miss about the Z

- Calendar showed agenda for selected day in month view
    - video so much better on the bigger screen
    - more active frames visible
    - the OEM flip case was fantastic
    - white rather than black theme

I've had the Q since UK launch but do still think wistfully about the Z. Switched because no matter how much I practiced I couldn't type fast or accurately without the physical keyboard. And for that the Q is fantastic.
    05-30-13 08:38 AM
    Btw here is my reason why I wanna switch. Basically I type a lot of Chinese input and using the Chinese keyboard with the eng option, there is no prediction and correction causing of mistakes

I know I can change the input keyboard each time but long press then change language then select language just for one word and then change back is too much hassle. Now the alt-enter and I change easily

Since I can't fully use the z so that's why I change to the Q.

I thought really hard about how I use my phone and realised I msg a lot a lot more than I browse website or play games.... therefore.....

Oh well hope this Q is my answer

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:39 AM
    I had a Z10 since February, then switched to the Q10 for 3 weeks but have since switched back to the Z10. The main reason being I really like the onscreen keyboard, the larger screen and general overall feel of the Z10. I will say however that the Q10 is a fantastic device for heavy use (long life battery), the keyboard is the best physical keyboard out there by far and it does just feel like the blackberry we all know.

I guess it just comes down to personal preference in the end!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:50 AM
    Z was fun for learning BB10, but it's all about the Q!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:52 AM
    I had the Z10 for about a month. I enjoyed it, and learning its features, but found myself needing the keyboard. It's not any faster for typing, I just enjoy the user experience more. For me, it's an email and social media powerhouse. No regrets Anybody want to buy a LNIB Z10 with Roots case and screen protector? PIN 2ADD6B3A
    05-30-13 09:04 AM
    No regrets at all here, love the keyboard experience
    05-30-13 09:05 AM
    I would so much like to switch to the Q also. I have had my Z for two months, really don't like the touchscreen, and very tired of the frequent rebooting. I tried to get to like this touchscreen thing but I don't see where i will ever get away from liking my physical keyboard.
    05-30-13 10:02 AM

thanks!

Posted by CB10 on Z10
    I want to switch to the Q myself but I am not going to pay full price for a phone. So I will stay with my Z. Trust me I do like it but something about having a keyboard is really nice.
    05-30-13 11:51 AM
    I am Loving it!
    05-30-13 11:54 AM
    How are folks switching handsets? Are you all seriously buying a second phone at retail price?
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-30-13 12:04 PM
53 123