Anybody have any idea when the BB10 qwerty will come out?
    01-25-13 09:20 AM
    Some time after the full touch version.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-25-13 09:33 AM
    Anybody have any idea when the BB10 qwerty will come out?
    And it will also depend on the carriers as to when they carry it, so that is also an unknown factor. But anything you would guess is probably as close as anything anyone else has.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-25-13 09:41 AM
    It's been said a few times that the keypad model will be available shortly after the launch of the full touch version (Z10), I'm guessing a couple of weeks...
    jowipo likes this.
    01-25-13 09:47 AM
    I'm guessing a couple of weeks...
    I'm guessing a couple of months... minimum!
    jowipo likes this.
    01-25-13 09:58 AM
    By end of the first quarter, so March 31 or earlier...
    jowipo likes this.
    01-25-13 10:31 AM
    I'm buying one of these phones, I wish there was a slider like the Torch. Unless this QWERTY one comes out in February, I'm going full touch for the first time in my life.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-25-13 11:17 AM
    I hope Phill is wrong, however I fear he might be right. There are many indicators for a way delayed released of the QWERTY model:
    Virtually no leaks. We had first Z10 leaks months ago, since december we had good qualiy pictures. We had videos, now even video reviews. We saw many screenshots of the actual software, since many weeks.
    Now with the N-Series, we still got really nothing at all. Three or four blurry pictures of a device lately labeled as "not the final stuff, just for software testing". There are no screenshots showing the actual software, no hand-on reports, let alone any videos. We didn't even get any HQ pics or pics showing the X10 compared to other phones.

So either RIM really wants to keep this thing a tight secret, which I could not understand since the Z10 is clearly the much more important device, or they are simply not ready at all with that QWERTY version.

I hope we'll know more soon, my 9900 starts acting up again and I just don'g want to send it inprior buying a BB10 device.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 04:36 AM
    Blackberryscoop on twitter recently said the X series isn't in field testing yet for At&T but it is in network testing. So there's no way X series comes out for AT&T until late March early April.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 11:06 AM
    My prediction is exactly one month after the full touch is released.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 11:31 AM
    After the Z10.
    Dev Phones are not even out yet for X10
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 12:41 PM
    I do not think the dev phones will be too crucial for the release of this since that is a much more limited program intended to allow top devs to tweak their apps on real hardware and not just have to rely on the sdk version.

As far as release dates, it would not surprise me if they were aiming to get most of the launch sales for it in the next quarter rather than this one meaning a date of late march or early april and then they would aim to show the next handset in late may at that bb show for a june or july launch to maintain that pattern somewhat as they don't want to overload the market, but do want regular boosts from launches throughout the year.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 02:30 PM
    Well they did a sign up for the Qwerty Devs which still haven't been sent out so am assuming.
    I think RIM wants apps optimized for the qwerty rather than poorly ported apps.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 04:43 PM
    Well they did a sign up for the Qwerty Devs which still haven't been sent out so am assuming.
    I think RIM wants apps optimized for the qwerty rather than poorly ported apps.
    That's why we know the release is quite some time away. Developers have not yet received any SDK update which would provide the required support we're missing now for the qwerty model.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 06:03 PM
    February 12, just in time for Valentines day.
    jowipo likes this.
    01-26-13 09:25 PM