Any Q10 users who heavily use their phone for browsing? Possibly in addition to lots of typing, mail, and social networking, but can any people who commonly use their Q10 to browse please give me their verdict on it?
    08-11-13 05:41 PM
    I use the browser for everthing! If there isn't an app for it then I use the browser. The new BlackBerry 10 browser is the fastest browser I have ever used. I was playing with a galaxy S4 today and the Q blows the browser away!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:44 PM
    I use the browser for everthing! If there isn't an app for it then I use the browser. The new BlackBerry 10 browser is the fastest browser I have ever used. I was playing with a galaxy S4 today and the Q blows the browser away!

Posted via CB10
    How is the screen size for browsing? I had a 9790 last year which I was fine browsing with but with all these top androids I could buy with larger screens instead I am slightly doubtful on which to pick.
    08-11-13 05:46 PM
    Screen size is okay, often need to pinch zoom. But it is generally completely fine and enjoyable to use. Fast as sin, too.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:47 PM
    Ist definitely a small screen but similar to older models. Don't get me wrong the browser speed is there but compared to a S4 screen there is a big difference. Have you looked at the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:49 PM
    The browser has one huge advantage over iOS or Android:
    Pages you load up will stay at the same state until you reload them or close the browser. This by far is number one browser need for me.

In addition reader mode is nice and in 10.2 you can invert colors for night reads.

Browser itself scores almost 500 points on the HTML5 test:
    Any heavy-browser users?-img_00000017.png

Flash plays nicely too.

Overall, I am trying to browse on Q10 more than my bigger screen android - its better experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 06:39 PM
    Is the Q10 going to be good for reading heavy text-based pages, like forums such as crackberry?
    08-11-13 07:02 PM
    Is the Q10 going to be good for reading heavy text-based pages, like forums such as crackberry?
    As said above, this is the fastest browser I've used on a phone. I felt the screen was tiny after using my first full touch screen, Z10 for a couple of months until I got a Q10.

I use my browser on this Q10 for 75% of it and think it's great. I can't think of any complaints.

Here is a screen shot of a post above using the CB10 app. I can't see how much easier it can get...

Any heavy-browser users?-img_00000559.png

Recently I bought Evolution Browser for my Q10. It's even faster than the stock one, it doesn't load ads if you toggle the setting to off and has an amazing feature to go Forwards or Back on webpages...just swipe left or right !

Posted via my CB Q10
    08-11-13 07:18 PM
    I also use the browser for lots of things specially if there's no app, the browser works well. It doesn't have word wrap but reader mode works well enough for me, overall good experience with it.
    08-11-13 07:23 PM
    Use browser on LTE all the time.

Remember, it'll auto play videos in a CNN article (haven't tried other sites)...I find it kind of cool, but at the same time kind of annoying when I'm somewhere where I don't want sound...

Also, remember when you're in an article, don't even bother zooming in to read--just press R for reader. (y)
    08-12-13 01:31 PM
    I use mines for browsing a lot if my playbook is needing a charge or i'm too lazy to get my playbook...I prefer it over my 9780 which browsing was ok but frustrating at times...the main think I love about the Q10 browsing is that the screen size is perfect for me even when i'm browsing forums...and I no longer miss the trackpad as I can point to anywhere I want on the screen pinch to zoom much faster and if I really need to read something with little distraction then that's there the reader mode really helps a great deal...I barely use my PC to browse the Internet anymore ever since getting my first BlackBerry as it happens

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    08-12-13 01:44 PM
    kinda silly to ask this question in crackberry. if you been reading it long enough you will know the user promote the browser to no end. it is used for everything.

who needs app? i got the most powerful browser.

sounds familiar?
    kazn3r and idiotboxxer like this.
    08-12-13 02:24 PM