BB can afford to go with a bigger screen even though it has a qwerty keyboard because Samsung has raised the bar. Big screens are in. Anyways, anyone know what the chances are of this device having a 3.4 inch screen and above?
    12-23-12 11:48 PM
    Lol, no way! The N-Series will have a 1:1 (720x720) resolution, which means a 3.8" display would be too wide, especially with a keyboard attached at the bottom.

Chances we'll see a 3.0 or 3.1" screen are pretty good. Maybe even 3.2", but I highly doubt RIM can get more out of a classic, Bold styled device. Keyboard and screen size are limited to the overall dimensions of the phone.

You could only bet on a Torch like slider. There screens with 3.6" to maybe even 4" would be quite possible. Dell already has shown you can produce a decent 4.1" slider with acceptable dimensions.

Laws of physics (overall phone size) simply limit RIM to do any miracles. So if you really want. To have way above 3.5" displays, you'll either need to go full-touch or hope for a slider. But a Bold with such a massive display simply won't work.
    Tatperson likes this.
    12-24-12 12:38 AM
    3.5 inches would have been the sweet spot, as displayed in the TK Victory and TK Justice concepts from Digital Home Boy but I think it's going to be a 3.0 inch wide screen.
    The problem is those designs don't have to work in reality so he is free to ignore technical and ergonomic concerns such as the ones you would get from a screen being too tall and makiing the device top-heavy due to lcd being heavier than a plastic keyboard.
    12-24-12 01:05 PM
    3.5 inches would have been the sweet spot, as displayed in the TK Victory and TK Justice concepts from Digital Home Boy but I think it's going to be a 3.0 inch wide screen.
    12-24-12 01:50 PM
    love my 9930, seems about the same size. any bigger and i wouldnt be keeping it in my pocket. get a samsung note 2 if you want huge screen. im not in the market for a phablet. bold/playbook is a perfect match!
    12-24-12 02:17 PM