Any chance it'll be a 3.8 inch touch screen?
BB can afford to go with a bigger screen even though it has a qwerty keyboard because Samsung has raised the bar. Big screens are in. Anyways, anyone know what the chances are of this device having a 3.4 inch screen and above?
- 12-24-2012, 01:38 AM #2
Lol, no way! The N-Series will have a 1:1 (720x720) resolution, which means a 3.8" display would be too wide, especially with a keyboard attached at the bottom.
Chances we'll see a 3.0 or 3.1" screen are pretty good. Maybe even 3.2", but I highly doubt RIM can get more out of a classic, Bold styled device. Keyboard and screen size are limited to the overall dimensions of the phone.
You could only bet on a Torch like slider. There screens with 3.6" to maybe even 4" would be quite possible. Dell already has shown you can produce a decent 4.1" slider with acceptable dimensions.
Laws of physics (overall phone size) simply limit RIM to do any miracles. So if you really want. To have way above 3.5" displays, you'll either need to go full-touch or hope for a slider. But a Bold with such a massive display simply won't work.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-24-2012, 02:05 PM #3
- 3,493 Posts
- 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM #4
- By petworks97 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 26Last Post: 11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
- By metllicamilitia in forum BlackBerry Curve 8530/8520 ThemesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
- By Gamecock9701 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 3Last Post: 10-28-2009, 04:51 PM
- By Diesel984 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx ThemesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:17 PM
- By AlyssaLove in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 11-23-2008, 02:07 AM