Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
Like Tree5Likes
  1. LV
    LV is offline
    LV's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default another post about battery life...

    other than the keyboard the reason I decided to leave my iphone for the q10 was because I expected the battery life to be absolutely phenomenal. and I absolutely love it, but ive had my q10 for about 3 weeks now, and the 2100mah battery is just as mediocre today as it was on day 1. what bothers me is that I read so many different opinions on how good the battery actually is. some say it's great others like myself say it sucks. the battery life on my phone just gets me thru the day, the problem is, so did my iphone 5 and my GS3 before it. and those phones have double the screen real estate. I configured my settings to try and help a little, (ie. turn off LTE, dim screen,) and nothing, it's still just "okay". getting a q10 with a good battery is like playing lotto..good luck!

    Posted via CB10 on Q10
    "carpe diem..."
  2. mboujoul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    186 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I feel the same as you, battery life is just OK. About the same as my 9930. What OS are you on? I'm on 10.1.0.2038, I have read the leaks really improve battery life.

    Posted via CB10
    8703e -> 8310 -> 9630 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> Q10
  3. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV View Post
    other than the keyboard the reason I decided to leave my iphone for the q10 was because I expected the battery life to be absolutely phenomenal. and I absolutely love it, but ive had my q10 for about 3 weeks now, and the 2100mah battery is just as mediocre today as it was on day 1. what bothers me is that I read so many different opinions on how good the battery actually is. some say it's great others like myself say it sucks. the battery life on my phone just gets me thru the day, the problem is, so did my iphone 5 and my GS3 before it. and those phones have double the screen real estate. I configured my settings to try and help a little, (ie. turn off LTE, dim screen,) and nothing, it's still just "okay". getting a q10 with a good battery is like playing lotto..good luck!

    Posted via CB10 on Q10
    It sucks to have to turn off all of those features in order to get decent battery life. I was under the impression that the q10 lasted much longer than the iPhone and other touchscreen devices.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
  4. chapa6sigma's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV View Post
    other than the keyboard the reason I decided to leave my iphone for the q10 was because I expected the battery life to be absolutely phenomenal. and I absolutely love it, but ive had my q10 for about 3 weeks now, and the 2100mah battery is just as mediocre today as it was on day 1. what bothers me is that I read so many different opinions on how good the battery actually is. some say it's great others like myself say it sucks. the battery life on my phone just gets me thru the day, the problem is, so did my iphone 5 and my GS3 before it. and those phones have double the screen real estate. I configured my settings to try and help a little, (ie. turn off LTE, dim screen,) and nothing, it's still just "okay". getting a q10 with a good battery is like playing lotto..good luck!

    Posted via CB10 on Q10
    I completely agree battery life is screwed on BlackBerry. And the people praising the q10 batt. Life are the people who had a z10 first. Which is what I use. The z10 battery life sucks hard core. I have to turn off all features and dim screen and turn off notifications and turn off push email. That's why when I read new DROID razor max gets 48 hours straight I get upset. BlackBerry needs to focus on battery life and not stupid games apps or social crap that just kills battery more. I don't use Facebook or Twitter and battery life sucks.

    Champ
  5. Oofa's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    350 Posts
    Global Posts
    583 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    It is crazy that I read that the battery on the Q10 is great and then I read that it is horrible. My 9930 has the best battery life of any of my devices and then again I read that some people think the 9930 has a horrible battery life. I think it is rolling the dice when it comes to battery life. You can't really go by what anyone says. Try a different battery. I know that helped on some of my Android devices.
  6. chapa6sigma's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    FYI my z10 is on Verizon. Battery sucks. Q10 will be better but not compared to some other phones.


    Champ
  7. brdl04's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    The problem with people's experience with battery life is, there are many factors that play into its performance.
    1. What are your usage habbits?
    2. What rom are you using?
    3. Are you on wifi or cell?
    4. Is the area you use your phone the most a bad cell area?
    These are just a few and I didn't even bring up hardware failure. (bad battery)

    So before you state that people are wrong about their experience with battery performance, you have to know your use case.

    Posted via CB10
  8. chapa6sigma's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    The problem with people's experience with battery life is, there are many factors that play into its performance.
    1. What are your usage habbits?
    2. What rom are you using?
    3. Are you on wifi or cell?
    4. Is the area you use your phone the most a bad cell area?
    These are just a few and I didn't even bring up hardware failure. (bad battery)

    So before you state that people are wrong about their experience with battery performance, you have to know your use case.

    Posted via CB10
    The consensus from the majority is that the z10 has terrible battery life. Fact.

    Champ
    rai187 likes this.
  9. mwspony's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    The battery life on my Q10 is far superior to my old Iphone 5

    Posted via CB10
  10. StutterStep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    928 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    BlackBerry Q10 goes through our battery test hoops, promises long texting sessions - GSMArena Blog

    Q10 20 hour talk time vs iphone 5's 8hours 42 minutes otherwise for web browsing and video playback it's similar
  11. gnirkatto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    912 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chapa6sigma View Post
    The consensus from the majority is that the z10 has terrible battery life. Fact.

    Champ
    Absolutely disagree. No consensus from any "majority". Z10 battery life is on par or better compared to any other similar sized/specced smartphone. Except the Note 2 maybe.
    If you performed the steps to train/initialize the battery, and the other savings tips that were discussed extensively on this forum, then the Z10's battery will perform very well.
    If not, then you have a defective device or battery.
    Fact.

    Posted via CB10
  12. jsanakonda's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    The problem with people's experience with battery life is, there are many factors that play into its performance.
    1. What are your usage habbits?
    2. What rom are you using?
    3. Are you on wifi or cell?
    4. Is the area you use your phone the most a bad cell area?
    These are just a few and I didn't even bring up hardware failure. (bad battery)

    So before you state that people are wrong about their experience with battery performance, you have to know your use case.

    Posted via CB10
    I disagree completely.
    When somebody changing his phone for example from iPhone to Q10/Z10 they don't change place of work, home or any other habits so they compare both phones against this same usage in most cases (sometimes they change carrier).
    Whatever you will say batteries sucks in all new phones present on market today, not only BlackBerry.
    What we all could expect from size of screen BlackBerry Q10 should be better on battery BUT IT ISN'T. That is a big disappointment.

    Posted via CB10
  13. breideux's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Considering the small screen, the battery should be better!

    Posted via CB10
  14. chapa6sigma's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnirkatto View Post
    Absolutely disagree. No consensus from any "majority". Z10 battery life is on par or better compared to any other similar sized/specced smartphone. Except the Note 2 maybe.
    If you performed the steps to train/initialize the battery, and the other savings tips that were discussed extensively on this forum, then the Z10's battery will perform very well.
    If not, then you have a defective device or battery.
    Fact.

    Posted via CB10
    I didn't say the z had terrible battery life compared to other phones. I just said it was terrible. All phones sucks on battery except for razor max. And yes q10 is better than z10 on battery life. And yes my standards for z10 battery life exceed yours. And of course I change settings to allow for max battery life and I've even deleted every app that I could kill the screen brightness, I don't Facebook or tweet because of battery life and more importantly cause its stupid. I've been with BlackBerry a long time. Battery life should be a top priority. Not immature games and apps. Or cheap phones. Make your high dollar phones awesome. Simple.

    Champ
  15. rebroker2009's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,295 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    I think it depends on your location. Ex 2g,3g changing back and forth with 4g etc, my Q10 is the best I ever had, two previous 9900's were going thru 3 batteries a day, my Q10 battery lasts longer than a full day and by no means am I an average user



    Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
  16. chapa6sigma's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rebroker2009 View Post
    I think it depends on your location. Ex 2g,3g changing back and forth with 4g etc, my Q10 is the best I ever had, two previous 9900's were going thru 3 batteries a day, my Q10 battery lasts longer than a full day and by no means am I an average user



    Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    I'm going to get a q10 I think . I love BlackBerry os 10. Need more power life. Can't believe the z 10 price dropped way it did. 10.2 leak comes out next week but I doubt it will improve battery life much if any.

    Champ
    rebroker2009 likes this.
  17. gnirkatto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    912 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chapa6sigma View Post
    I didn't say the z had terrible battery life compared to other phones. I just said it was terrible. All phones sucks on battery except for razor max. And yes q10 is better than z10 on battery life. And yes my standards for z10 battery life exceed yours. And of course I change settings to allow for max battery life and I've even deleted every app that I could kill the screen brightness, I don't Facebook or tweet because of battery life and more importantly cause its stupid. I've been with BlackBerry a long time. Battery life should be a top priority. Not immature games and apps. Or cheap phones. Make your high dollar phones awesome. Simple.

    Champ
    These are the kinds of posts that cost BlackBerry business.
    You want to talk about your general frustration over the weak battery performance of modern smartphones, ok.
    And then you state "consensus that...the Z10 has a terrible battery life...". Rather than saying "I wish smartphones had a better battery" or similar.

    Everybody should be entitled to say/write whatever he/she wants. But that applies to me too. And your post sucks.

    Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
  18. WJF84's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    The battery life on my Q10 is unbelievable. I use my phone for work during the week and consistently get 36 hours with heavy use.

    I use it more lightly over the weekend and regularly go Friday to Sunday with life left. 72 hours is achievable.

    I work from home so my phone is almost always connected to WiFi, rather than using network data, and I'm sure this has an impact.

    The only time my battery drains is when I use it as a GPS and forget to plug in the car charger.

    Mine is an SQN100-3 made in Mexico.

    Posted via CB10
  19. chapa6sigma's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WJF84 View Post
    The battery life on my Q10 is unbelievable. I use my phone for work during the week and consistently get 36 hours with heavy use.

    I use it more lightly over the weekend and regularly go Friday to Sunday with life left. 72 hours is achievable.

    I work from home so my phone is almost always connected to WiFi, rather than using network data, and I'm sure this has an impact.

    The only time my battery drains is when I use it as a GPS and forget to plug in the car charger.

    Mine is an SQN100-3 made in Mexico.

    Posted via CB10
    72 hours possible and 36 hours of heavy use. Whatever youre on in mexico, I want it.

    Champ
  20. chapa6sigma's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    156 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnirkatto View Post
    These are the kinds of posts that cost BlackBerry business.
    You want to talk about your general frustration over the weak battery performance of modern smartphones, ok.
    And then you state "consensus that...the Z10 has a terrible battery life...". Rather than saying "I wish smartphones had a better battery" or similar.

    Everybody should be entitled to say/write whatever he/she wants. But that applies to me too. And your post sucks.

    Posted via CB10
    If a poll was done asking all z10 owners if the were happy or disappointed with battery life majority will say disappointed. Why is that difficult to understand or accept for you. BlackBerry 10 rocks. Hail BlackBerry. Death to apple.

    Champ
  21. moosbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    364 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chapa6sigma View Post
    I'm going to get a q10 I think . I love BlackBerry os 10. Need more power life. Can't believe the z 10 price dropped way it did. 10.2 leak comes out next week but I doubt it will improve battery life much if any.

    Champ
    I even bet that it will cost more battery in the first 10.2 incarnations with improvements coming later
  22. gnirkatto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    912 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chapa6sigma View Post
    If a poll was done asking all z10 owners if the were happy or disappointed with battery life majority will say disappointed. Why is that difficult to understand or accept for you
    I appreciate you don't (want to) get my point, and will move on to more meaningful subjects. Bye.
  23. brdl04's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsanakonda View Post
    I disagree completely.
    When somebody changing his phone for example from iPhone to Q10/Z10 they don't change place of work, home or any other habits so they compare both phones against this same usage in most cases (sometimes they change carrier).
    Whatever you will say batteries sucks in all new phones present on market today, not only BlackBerry.
    What we all could expect from size of screen BlackBerry Q10 should be better on battery BUT IT ISN'T. That is a big disappointment.

    Posted via CB10
    Do you not think that perhaps this person is playing with their new phone more? Do you not think that they are comparing a conditioned battery with many charge cycles to a brand new battery with one ore two? All of these factor in to this argument. To come out and flat out say battery sucks on a q10 is ignorant with out a good sample to argue from.

    Posted via CB10
    gnirkatto likes this.
  24. WJF84's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    616 Posts
    Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    Do you not think that perhaps this person is playing with their new phone more? Do you not think that they are comparing a conditioned battery with many charge cycles to a brand new battery with one ore two? All of these factor in to this argument. To come out and flat out say battery sucks on a q10 is ignorant with out a good sample to argue from.

    Posted via CB10
    Charge cycles affecting battery consumption? Batteries stopped working like that in the 1990s.


    I agree with the premise behind your argument, but you lost all credibility with this post.

    Posted via CB10
  25. sbowlestx's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    72 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I would have voted terrible until release 4651. I have used it well over a week now and the battery life has doubled. I am a heavy user and by the end of the day I am now at 25% battery. My normal day starts at 4:30 am and ends around 10:30 pm. I also carried the Q10 for two weeks and that battery would last a day and half before needing charged. Both devices are on a BES.

    Quote Originally Posted by chapa6sigma View Post
    If a poll was done asking all z10 owners if the were happy or disappointed with battery life majority will say disappointed. Why is that difficult to understand or accept for you. BlackBerry 10 rocks. Hail BlackBerry. Death to apple.

    Champ
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Q10 vs Z10
    By pooger in forum BlackBerry Q10
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 10:12 PM
  2. I AM EXCITED about BB10... QNX, Tom Tom, and the future
    By BBeatsdroidsandapples in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 10:58 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions