Anyone else have a q10 that makes an annoying squeaking noise when you press on the back? When I hold the phone and accidentally push on the back I hear this squeaking. It appears to be coming from the springs in the gold contacts that connect to the NFC antenna

b
    06-11-13 12:38 PM
    Welcome to the CB forums,

This as actually been discussed a few times around the Q10 forum, and other people have also noticed the squeaky noise. I can't attest to it right now as I have a Z10, but in a few days I'll come back to this thread and let you know if my Q does make the sounds.
    06-11-13 12:49 PM
    Interesting, well at least its not just me. Will stay tuned in to this for more info

b
    06-11-13 01:35 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 09:18 PM
    Ummm never had that kind of a noise but I must admit the keyboard sounds too plastic.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:12 PM
    My Q 10 has a little squeaky sound too, sounds almost as if their is a space between the battery door and battery, like as if the phone could have been thinner. Although, now 3 weeks in with my Q10 and the squeaky noise is slowly disappearing. Either that or Im just getting used to it and not realizing it, or the phone could be breaking in
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    06-22-13 11:06 PM
    When I press very hard in the center of my display I hear a very slight squeaking noise. However, this isn't much of an issue because I never press down very hard on the center of my screen lol.

I do notice a small rattling noise when I shake my phone from some loose NFC contacts behind the battery door... However, this also isn't much of an issue because I never shake my phone lol.

Call me crazy, but I still think the Q10's build quality is up to par with the iPhone 5. The materials used in the Q10 are also stellar. I've seen many iPhones (some that are only about two weeks old) that have scratches collected around the bezel. Soft aluminum wasn't the best choice... Oh, and of course the typical shattered screen.

Posted via CB10
    locke7 likes this.
    06-22-13 11:48 PM
    I'm impressed with the build quality of my device having gone through 6 or so 9900s that were a mess. It generally looks like the QC has improved on the Q10. Having said that there will always be a dud here and there.

Posted using a Q10
    06-23-13 12:10 AM
    I've looked for other threads on this trouble, as so far I haven't found any other ones specifically mentioning the NFC pins making noise.

I've had this issue for a few weeks now, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what can be done to try and take care of it, other than sending it in for repair.
    07-26-13 10:33 AM
    Mine doesn't yet, only on day 3 though

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 01:30 PM
    So anyone else who does have the metallic noise coming from the NFC contacts anytime you put your Q on your face?
    08-04-13 08:18 AM
    If you all put a business card under the back cover it solves the problem and feels just that bit better in my opinion, this does mean NFC wnt be usable but I dnt use it anyway, I do recommend the thinnest business card you can find, my one is actually a appointment card and thinner than normal business cards but it works great, I tried attaching a picture but the attachment option in the CB app doesn't seem to be working

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:03 AM
    Are you on the CB app or the browser?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:14 AM
    You could try also slipping a piece of paper folded once underneath the battery, that way it is hidden and still get the benefit of the battery lift up slightly which will provide solid support for the battery door and in turns prevent the squeaky noise, that works for me. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:38 AM
    Are you on the CB app or the browser?

Posted via CB10
    CB app

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:17 AM
    If you all put a business card under the back cover it solves the problem and feels just that bit better in my opinion, this does mean NFC wnt be usable but I dnt use it anyway, I do recommend the thinnest business card you can find, my one is actually a appointment card and thinner than normal business cards but it works great, I tried attaching a picture but the attachment option in the CB app doesn't seem to be working
    See, the prob with this is that I use my NFC on a regular basis :-(

You could try also slipping a piece of paper folded once underneath the battery, that way it is hidden and still get the benefit of the battery lift up slightly which will provide solid support for the battery door and in turns prevent the squeaky noise, that works for me. Good luck.
    Hmm, I think I just might give this a try, appreciate the suggestion :-)
    08-04-13 11:08 AM
    What do you use nfc for all the time? Sorry for the off topic. Btw the bottom right corner of mine is slightly squeaky. I'm hoping it will just get worn in. If not I'll try the paper trick.

Posted via my Q10
    08-04-13 12:27 PM
    The only time i've used NFC is tapping it on a tag on a bustop so it shows me how long the buses are gna take, and it actually works really well and UI was real nice too, showed my friend this and he was amazed

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 01:27 PM
    Apparently buying an oem back cover from crackberry fixes the squeaking issue. Must be something verizon does to the cover when they put their logo on it...

Posted via my Q10.
    10-11-13 05:44 PM