I tried searching for this in the forums but nothing came up so I'll start a new thread about it. I may end up buying a used Q10 and was wondering about Android apps. Do most of them work? Do they adjust to the screen ratio or is that a problem? Would there just be black bars to make up for it or wouldn't they work at all? Just kind of curious!

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    04-23-14 10:10 AM
    Depends on what apps you are referring to. The ones I've wanted work fine. There is some chopping off at the bottom of some of the apps but not enough to deter me from using it.
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-23-14 10:21 AM
    To me.....and this is solely MY opinion, after having both the q10 and the z10, I find that the apps are more user friendly on the z10. CNN, cnet, local newspapers, pandora...just to name a few of about only 15 that I use, work better on the z10. I don't do any gaming, so I can't advise on those kind of apps.

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-23-14 10:25 AM
    To me.....and this is solely MY opinion, after having both the q10 and the z10, I find that the apps are more user friendly on the z10. CNN, cnet, local newspapers, pandora...just to name a few of about only 15 that I use, work better on the z10. I don't do any gaming, so I can't advise on those kind of apps.

I would definitely imagine that app experiences are better on the Z10 than the Q10, but this would be as a secondary device.
    04-23-14 10:26 AM

That's odd on the Pandora one because I use it and haven't had any issues except now I get more ads verses never having any on the native Pandora app with BBOS lol
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-23-14 10:28 AM
    That's odd on the Pandora one because I use it and haven't had any issues except now I get more ads verses never having any on the native Pandora app with BBOS lol
    I currently use the client Apollo. It's kind of a weird app design but it get's the job done lol
    04-23-14 10:31 AM
    I also had chase bank app and on the q10 the log in bar overlapped with the policies menu so you had to tap it off to the side otherwise you'd get the policies page.

04-23-14 10:32 AM
    I currently use the client Apollo. It's kind of a weird app design but it get's the job done lol
    Yes, the Apollo is the one to get on the bb10 because it doesn't support pandora through black berry world

ajst222 likes this.
    04-23-14 10:34 AM
    Some just won't work with the lack of screen size and inability to scroll. Others will allow you to scroll up and down. It will be trial and error as you download.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-23-14 10:34 AM
    Some just won't work with the lack of screen size and inability to scroll. Others will allow you to scroll up and down. It will be trial and error as you download.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, if u don't mind scrolling more on the q10, and again, there are some apps that just work better on the z10....it's whatever works for you. I'm switching back to the z10. I was going to carry 2 devices (1 for emails and texts which would have been the q10) an the other for BETTER web surfing and use of my apps (z10). But decided for now to just goeth the z10. If the "classic" comes out later this year with a bigger screen, I may get that one

ajst222 likes this.
    04-23-14 10:39 AM
    Exactly, if u don't mind scrolling more on the q10, and again, there are some apps that just work better on the z10....it's whatever works for you. I'm switching back to the z10. I was going to carry 2 devices (1 for emails and texts which would have been the q10) an the other for BETTER web surfing and use of my apps (z10). But decided for now to just goeth the z10. If the "classic" comes out later this year with a bigger screen, I may get that one

Right now I have a Z10 but I plan on getting a used Lumia 928 and a Q10 all while selling the Z10. The Q10 would be for email, BBM, and communication...not a main device. I don't see a real problem from what everyone has responded, so thanks everyone!
    04-23-14 10:48 AM
    The only issues I have had has been with banking apps (Chase + Bank of America), they don't format correctly. Overall the few android apps I use work fine.
    04-23-14 11:51 AM