Does anyone know how to delete android apps without wiping the entire phone? Trash can seems to just remove the icon.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:25 PM
    I use the google chrome extension to uninstall them. Works great
    01-29-14 12:28 PM
    Ok. I got it at home. Was just curious if there was a way to do it on the fly. I'll give it a shot when I get home

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 12:31 PM
    Does anyone know how to delete android apps without wiping the entire phone? Trash can seems to just remove the icon.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    use device manager that came in the newest update,.

Open device manager, select storage tab, select the app from the list, then press delete
    Also removes OBB data if any.
    Carjackd and eddy_berry like this.
    01-29-14 12:32 PM
    use device manager that came in the newest update,.

Open device manager, select storage tab, select the app from the list, then press delete
    Also removes OBB data if any.
    Right forgot about that. Does that totally remove it though?
    01-29-14 12:33 PM
    Uninstall the same way as native apps.
    Hold the icon and press x.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1925)
    01-29-14 12:52 PM
    Right forgot about that. Does that totally remove it though?
    Totally removes it.
    01-29-14 01:15 PM
    Uninstall the same way as native apps.
    Hold the icon and press x.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1925)
    Often leaves a mess behind.
    01-29-14 01:15 PM
    The app manager thing worked. I had both android and BlackBerry facebook apps installed. I had to install one, then reboot, then the other, to get them both off. Seems like the name being the same caused issues

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 01:34 PM
    Often leaves a mess behind.
    Can you expand on that? I've always just deleted by long press and tapping the X. There are no apps listed in device monitor that have been removed that way. What kind of mess?
    01-29-14 02:36 PM
    Can you expand on that? I've always just deleted by long press and tapping the X. There are no apps listed in device monitor that have been removed that way. What kind of mess?
    Check all the folders and app data that are left behind.
    Fills up your other data
    01-29-14 03:11 PM
    Check all the folders and app data that are left behind.
    Fills up your other data
    Looked through device and sd storage, I have no remnants of any android app I've uninstalled. And there have been many. Where else should I be looking?
    01-29-14 04:58 PM
    Looked through device and sd storage, I have no remnants of any android app I've uninstalled. And there have been many. Where else should I be looking?
    I've literally just found a folder in misc/android with some log files from a modified version of injustice I didn't delete properly. And that's just the one that jumps out at me.

What is the size of your 'other data'??
    Mine crept up to 11 gig and couldn't find anything.
    I had to wipe and start again. now I almost always remove from device manager and the problem is gone.

I don't know what you want me to say. In my experience this is the case, search other data in the forums and others find this too. If you don't, good for you. You're either lucky or just not noticing. I can't tell if you're being sincere asking if it's being missed or doubting my claim. Either way, do what you want and I will keep playing it safe by using device manager.
    01-29-14 05:13 PM
    I've literally just found a folder in misc/android with some log files from a modified version of injustice I didn't delete properly. And that's just the one that jumps out at me.

What is the size of your 'other data'??
    Mine crept up to 11 gig and couldn't find anything.
    I had to wipe and start again. now I almost always remove from device manager and the problem is gone.

I don't know what you want me to say. In my experience this is the case, search other data in the forums and others find this too. If you don't, good for you. You're either lucky or just not noticing. I can't tell if you're being sincere asking if it's being missed or doubting my claim. Either way, do what you want and I will keep playing it safe by using device manager.
    I don't have an "other data" category.

It's called Device Monitor, not Manager.

I don't want you to say anything at this point.

There is no luck involved.
    01-29-14 05:32 PM
    I don't have an "other data" category.

It's called Device Monitor, not Manager.

I don't want you to say anything at this point.

There is no luck involved.
    1. Right, that's gone for the device storage now, just sd card. My bad.
    2. Whatever. Semantics.
    3. If you poke around, I'm not the first or only one to notice this, just the one mentioning it here.

Like I said, you're welcome to do whatever you want.
    01-29-14 05:37 PM
    ^^
    He's right. Just like every other other system you can think of, apps don't clean up after themselves and often leave a ton of junk data laying around after having been installed. iOS does it, Android does it, OS X does it, Windows does it... etc etc etc etc. And play nice folks.
    stabstabdie likes this.
    01-29-14 05:56 PM
    ^^
    He's right. Just like every other other system you can think of, apps don't clean up after themselves and often leave a ton of junk data laying around after having been installed. iOS does it, Android does it, OS X does it, Windows does it... etc etc etc etc. And play nice folks.
    Boom! Roasted!
    anon8430100 likes this.
    01-29-14 06:19 PM
    I don't use a ton of Android Apps, but didn't even notice the amount of junk folders in misc/android until I read this. Good stuff. Thanks to stabstabdie for pointing me to a slowly growing issue before it bit me in the arse.

Posted via CB10
    stabstabdie likes this.
    01-29-14 06:27 PM
    +1 I just checked and didn't see any of the android apps I've deleted using the "x" method... I do have one 4.3MB thing there with no info though... But I've deleted a lot of other apps accounting for much more than that and they are not there.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-29-14 06:59 PM
    +1 I just checked and didn't see any of the android apps I've deleted using the "x" method... I do have one 4.3MB thing there with no info though... But I've deleted a lot of other apps accounting for much more than that and they are not there.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    The apps aren't still listed in device MONITOR (happy now kjjb?), they just leave junk folders and crap behind sometimes.
    01-29-14 07:06 PM
    The apps aren't still listed in device MONITOR (happy now kjjb?), they just leave junk folders and crap behind sometimes.
    Yep, happy. Doesn't take much.
    01-30-14 05:41 AM
    Download a droid app like Clean Sweep to manage droid apps. It's very functional and let's you do whatever you need to.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    01-30-14 05:44 AM
    Yep, happy. Doesn't take much.
    PHEW!!!
    01-30-14 06:02 AM