Im really thinking about buying a Q10, but Ive heard so much about the double typing issue Im hesitant.

I will be buying an International model from outside my home country of Vietnam as the price here is still way too high. So i dont think it'll have a warranty.

Go for it or its a real problem?
    Couver81 likes this.
    05-05-14 09:05 AM
    I've had several Q10's but I never had any problem with them, then again, I never had them for too long as I traded for other devices. My opinion, by what I've been reading here, is that it's a 50-50 chance you may end up with issues. I have a z10 right now. I'm trying to trade for a Q10 however, so I'm willing to take that chance. But you can wait for the q20 since you have waited this long already.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-05-14 09:09 AM
    I'm getting another Q...not too worried about the double-typing issue. If you had warranty coverage then it's going to be taken care of but I believe the keyboard is not too tough to swap even if you have to do it yourself.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-05-14 09:44 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it.

I have 2 Q10's, 1 had the issue, the other didn't. Replaced the keyboard myself.

Even if the keyboard fails, you can order the keyboard online from China for cheap (and even cheaper shipping for you!) and take it to a local cell phone repair shop and they can swap it out for you, just at matter of taking out some tiny screws.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-05-14 10:37 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it.

I have 2 Q10's, 1 had the issue, the other didn't. Replaced the keyboard myself.

Even if the keyboard fails, you can order the keyboard online from China for cheap (and even cheaper shipping for you!) and take it to a local cell phone repair shop and they can swap it out for you, just at matter of taking out some tiny screws.
    Who is ur provider?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-05-14 10:48 AM
    I think you have every reason to be paranoid. My keyboard started double typing after three months of use. If you can, buy the phone with warranty!
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-05-14 10:54 AM
    Happened to both my wife's and my Q10 after about 8 months. Sent in for warranty and fixed, no questions asked. I'm on Telus, she is with Virgin.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-05-14 10:57 AM
    I'm actually heading to Vietnam in 3 days! I would sell you my Q10 but it has the double typing issue haha

It's not even that bad with the double typing issue. About every 3 sentences I need to go back and delete 1 double type.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-05-14 11:58 AM
    Unless you have a warranty, worry.

Very sad to be saying this, but: either buy a Q5 or wait for the Q20.

Posted via CBQ10
    bbnrs and jefbeard911 like this.
    05-05-14 09:56 PM
    Yes it a bummer to have a keyboard only to have it not function the way it should. Wait for the Q20 which will also have a trackpad.

? BlackBerry Q10 ? Keep The Faith ?
    bbnrs and jefbeard911 like this.
    05-05-14 10:15 PM
    I don't think you need to worry about it.
    Because the keyboard can be replaced if you meet the problem. Just go online and buy q10 housing part,just replace it.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-05-14 11:06 PM
    I don't think you need to worry about it.
    Because the keyboard can be replaced if you meet the problem. Just go online and buy q10 housing part,just replace it.

Posted via CB10
    ....watch the video first. it's not exactly plug & play.

Posted via CBQ10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-06-14 05:07 AM
    Maybe you should wait for the Q20 since it will be released later this year.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-06-14 05:33 AM
    I love my Q10. Keyboard works great. I've had it since last August & I've never had the double-typing issue.

Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2234
    05-06-14 05:44 AM
    You can't worry about everything. Every phone has issues somewhere. Personally I do not have the double typing issue that others have. My phone restarts every now and again. Every phone I have had has had one issue or another. I learned a while ago to just buy what I like and just roll with the punches. "Life is like a box of chocolates" lol. Good luck with your choice.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-06-14 08:28 AM
    ....watch the video first. it's not exactly plug & play.

Posted via CBQ10
    That's true, but having watched it a few times now, it doesn't look insanely difficult either, if you have the proper tools. I've decided that if my Q10 develops the double-typing problem I'm willing to give it a try. I may even buy a replacement keyboard in advance, just to have on hand.
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-06-14 08:39 AM
    I have already replaced my keyboard about 6 months ago and have not had a problem since. I also put an Otter Box on at the same time because when I used the BlackBerry holster the alt key was always pressed in it. This drove me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 08:58 AM
    I'm actually heading to Vietnam in 3 days! I would sell you my Q10 but it has the double typing issue haha

It's not even that bad with the double typing issue. About every 3 sentences I need to go back and delete 1 double type.

Posted via CB10
    Small World.
    Where are you headed? Sai Gon? Ha Noi?

PS - This goes without saying but don't roam. Buy a local sim..cheap cheap cheap!
    05-06-14 10:35 AM
    Unless you have a warranty, worry.

Very sad to be saying this, but: either buy a Q5 or wait for the Q20.

Posted via CBQ10
    The Q5 is really cool. Thats a real option.
    05-06-14 10:36 AM
    Im really thinking about buying a Q10, but Ive heard so much about the double typing issue Im hesitant.

I will be buying an International model from outside my home country of Vietnam as the price here is still way too high. So i dont think it'll have a warranty.

Go for it or its a real problem?
    I am a big fan of this phone but I've now had to replace two in nine months due to double typing so I can't recommend it. If you do go with it, make sure you have a good warranty.

Posted via CB10
    Couver81 likes this.
    05-06-14 10:40 AM
    I don't think you are paranoid at all or I am too! I have the Z10 but have been missing the keyboard. I was seriously considering getting the Q but I'm holding off now. The issue is too prevalent with Q10s IMO and I am not skilled enough to replace a keyboard nor do I think people should have to for a device this price especially not after only a few months.

I'm just going to be patient and see what the Q20 brings to the table. Hopefully Blackberry gets this issue sorted out. It was a problem with the 9900 as well. They've got to get things right with the Q20. Can't have a company known for their keyboards having unreliable keyboards.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-06-14 11:15 AM
    Small World.
    Where are you headed? Sai Gon? Ha Noi?

PS - This goes without saying but don't roam. Buy a local sim..cheap cheap cheap!
    Saigon! And then Nha Trang for a bit too. Where you from?

About buying a local sim, what phone company will give me the best data performance? Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 12:14 PM
    Can someone provide a percentage of the Q10 phones effected with double typing issue?

Mine is only two months old right now but I'm starting to get paranoid about this. I use a same phone for about three years before replacing.

I really hope mind lasts and I was surprised and disappointed to hear that the Q10 has these issues because this is my first BlackBerry and I always thought of BlackBerry as rugged business phones.
    05-06-14 04:19 PM
    Can someone provide a percentage of the Q10 phones effected with double typing issue?

Mine is only two months old right now but I'm starting to get paranoid about this. I use a same phone for about three years before replacing.

I really hope mind lasts and I was surprised and disappointed to hear that the Q10 has these issues because this is my first BlackBerry and I always thought of BlackBerry as rugged business phones.
    I don't think there is a percentage out there, I'd like to know it as well though because I'm thinking of returning to a Q10. But suffice to say there are plenty of people on here with that problem. 50-50?? I don't know but I'm sure you will get some feedback on this as the evening continues.

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-06-14 04:26 PM

LOL. 100% of the Q10s that I have owned have required multiple keyboard replacements in less than a year.
    Unfortunately, like most people here I have owned one.
    A colleague of mine, who lives in the same climate, bought one around the same time and has not experienced the issue.

Posted via CBQ10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-06-14 04:44 PM
69 123