I've been back and forth on as to what's next post q10 in the blackberry arena.... have been considering the passport on and off but have come to the conclusion that it is just too wide and not as sleek-looking as I thought (finally got my hands on one a co-worker picked up). The classic is cool too but to be honest I'm over the toolbelt; I have a 9900 my employer gave me for work and I see my self swiping up on the bold more often than not. Ive come to the conclusion that I'm 100 percent content with the q10 for now. Unless BlackBerry makes a q20 with a similar setup I think I'll hold on to my q for a bit longer. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, BigHulkDiesel and bbnrs like this.
    10-28-14 06:29 PM
    I've been back and forth on as to what's next post q10 in the blackberry arena.... have been considering the passport on and off but have come to the conclusion that it is just too wide and not as sleek-looking as I thought (finally got my hands on one a co-worker picked up). The classic is cool too but to be honest I'm over the toolbelt; I have a 9900 my employer gave me for work and I see my self swiping up on the bold more often than not. Ive come to the conclusion that I'm 100 percent content with the q10 for now. Unless BlackBerry makes a q20 with a similar setup I think I'll hold on to my q for a bit longer. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Well I haven't seen the classic up close and personal so I can't really comment on the size. But I'm not getting a passport. I don't care for the size very much. I really really love my Q10! I prefer the touch/keyboard combo myself. I just glide through my phone. I don't think I want to go too big on a phone. Your right about being content. I am so satisfied with my phone. So for now no way I'm staying with my Q10.

Posted from my Q10
    Qaddafi, dmateo, bbnrs and 1 others like this.
    10-28-14 06:34 PM
    I agree.

Again I was on the train last night and reminded how convenient it is to use the phone with one hand. So I think the Passport, no matter how good, is out.

As for the Classic, I do believe the tool belt is a step backward, especially with what I understand 10.3 returns to us 9900, etc., users. And I do like having a small spare battery handy if, albeit seldom, needed. While possible to use a battery pack, a cable is necessary. A spare battery is just simpler.

That is not to say the Q10 is not without its frustrations. For me, it is the "lemon like" quality. I have had a number due to keyboard, screen, SIM slot, USB, slot, etc. Have had keyboards replaced. However, I think the Q10 is a great phone. Have been following the PD'9983 forum for sign of any issues. If not, I may bite the bullet if a true Q20 is not on the horizon...
    donemt likes this.
    10-28-14 06:53 PM
    Yup! The classic is great for bold users something they are familiar with but Q10 users will need something too. Something that is specifically made for them. Or I'll just have to hoard all the Q10s I can get! Lol

Posted from my Q10
    bbnrs, donemt and Senor Wright like this.
    10-28-14 07:00 PM
    I should buy an extra as a back up.. having both q10 and bold always throws me for a loop!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:08 PM
    Same here, I tried the Passport and it does seem a bit awkward. The Q10 is just more handy and convenient. I have also had keyboard problems with my Q10 but this was easily fixed with a replacement KB. I have 2 more spare KBs just in case. I intend to use this until it dies. The Passport is way too expensive now in HK at approx. US$788 (no way). I can buy a laptop for that price. Also not interested in the Classic, think that toolbelt takes up too much space.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:10 PM
    I'm not considering either actually.
    10-28-14 07:14 PM
    I am sticking with my Q10 for awhile. Quite addicted to it. Yes, may have to hoard too.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-28-14 08:24 PM
    I couldn't agree more.. I've read up on all the new devices and even played around with the Passport but you know what.. Im in love with my Q10. Its the best kb ive ever used and I love it. I don't know if anyone agrees, but I find part of BB's charm to be its "staying power". Here we are pledging allegiance to an older device despite new ones coming out because we love it so much. That's "a BlackBerry thing".

Aside from that, I wear my BB on my belt and I think a Passport would be way too awkward to hang on my hip.
    neoberry99 and crishelling like this.
    10-28-14 08:48 PM
    I am in the same boat. The Q is just working out so nicely for me. No reason at all to leave it.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs, donemt, dmateo and 1 others like this.
    10-28-14 08:58 PM
    Yes BlackBerry is such a rarity today which I think adds to its look. So many new generations are all about the iphones and androids and have not took notice of the BlackBerry yet. I love my Q10 and sport it everywhere I go. I want people to ask me about it so I can tell them how great it is! One thing I have been noticing is people are getting tired of iphone and android and want to try something different. I know I was one of them. So I'm hoping that Q10 make its mark with those people.

Posted from my Q10
    10-28-14 09:12 PM
    I get teased all the time for "still using ablackberry" and quite frankly I don't give two ****s... I use it because it's what I like. They just don't get it lol.

Posted via CB10
    gfonger, AbAll87 and Senor Wright like this.
    10-28-14 09:19 PM
    Same here, I tried the Passport and it does seem a bit awkward. The Q10 is just more handy and convenient. I have also had keyboard problems with my Q10 but this was easily fixed with a replacement KB. I have 2 more spare KBs just in case. I intend to use this until it dies. The Passport is way too expensive now in HK at approx. US$788 (no way). I can buy a laptop for that price. Also not interested in the Classic, think that toolbelt takes up too much space.

Posted via CB10
    Screen is bigger than the Q10 just in case you didn't know. I completely understand though. Classic may be a little on the large side. It's funny because after the "9000" was out for a while customers complained that it was too big. Now we're rocking the Q10 which everyone loves because it's "compact". It's actually slightly bigger than the 9000 lol.

Before anyone attempts to argue what I just said, don't forget the successor to the 9000 was the much smaller 9700 and 9780 before they released the 99xx with similar dimensions to the 9000. 9000 was ahead of its time

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-28-14 09:22 PM
    Screen is bigger than the Q10 just in case you didn't know. I completely understand though. Classic may be a little on the large side. It's funny because after the "9000" was out for a while customers complained that it was too big. Now we're rocking the Q10 which everyone loves because it's "compact". It's actually slightly bigger than the 9000 lol.

Before anyone attempts to argue what I just said, don't forget the successor to the 9000 was the much smaller 9700 and 9780 before they released the 99xx with similar dimensions to the 9000. 9000 was ahead of its time

Coming from a note 3 anything is compact... especially when you're 6'4 with hands that can palm a basketball.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:31 PM
    Coming from a note 3 anything is compact... especially when you're 6'4 with hands that can palm a basketball.

Posted via CB10
    I had a note 3 as well. Sold it for a nice chunk o change. Q10 felt great afterwards.

10-28-14 09:33 PM
    I talked myself into buying a Passport sight-unseen from Amazon while it was still $599. I'm returning it tomorrow.

The screen is gorgeous and reading emails and using Twitter on such a wide screen is great. For me, it is just too wide and I couldn't get used to the three row keyboard. It isn't as comfortable to hold and to type on as my Q10. I use my Q10 for work, and it fits my needs perfectly. Perhaps I would eventually get as proficient as pounding out emails on the Passport as I am on my Q10, but I'm not willing to sacrifice productivity for the few advantages the Passport has. Love Q10's size, ergonomics, the keyboard, and the removable battery.

I'm not excited about the Classic at all. No removable battery, and the toolbelt and trackpad seems unnecessary in light of how great gestures work in BlackBerry 10. I'll stick with the Q10 for now.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    anon(5061193) and nglfmark like this.
    10-28-14 09:38 PM
    I loved my Bold and was SO hesitant to give up my blackberry key and go to the Q10 with a whole new OS- of course, now I love it and couldn't even imagine going back to the antiquated blackberry 7 - I've learned my lesson, I love my Q10 and the passport feels bizarre in my hand, but when my Q10 bites the bullet I'll upgrade (let's just hope it's not for a while lol)

Posted with a smile...and a Q10
    bbnrs and Senor Wright like this.
    10-28-14 09:40 PM
    I want both the Classic and the Passport because I'm collecting one of each model of BB10 phone. But I just got a Z10 (after using a Z30 and then a Q10) and I have to say, it's swaying me back to all-touch. Heck, I love them all for different reasons!

Flick-typed perfectly on my Z10
    10-28-14 09:46 PM
    I never considered buying the classic because I see no reason to start using the tool belt again. I'll buy the Passport in a hot minute if big red ever offers it. 10.3.1 is a great update for the Q10 that makes it seem like a new device so I'm staying put for now.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1052
    Senor Wright likes this.
    10-28-14 10:10 PM
    Oh here comes the Q10 hold outs.

Mr.Chen, you are in trouble
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-28-14 11:21 PM
    I'm hoping for an incredible high end all touch Z30 replacement. No ugly silver chin, brighter screen, higher res and dpi, thin and sexy looking.
    benbraun322 and 1magine like this.
    10-28-14 11:35 PM
    Sticking with the Q10 here. I just can't wait for 10.3.1 update to be available. The whole phone will be like new again.

Passport was a never go area for me due to the size and shape while Classic's weight, size and non removable battery is a turn off personally. I use two phones, so I want something portable.

On my Q10...
    10-29-14 12:27 AM
    Got a new q10 yesterday. Double typing issues wht I faced with the last 2 now this is the 3rd one. God forbid if this goes like the 2 b4 I am saying bye bye to qs for good.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:59 AM
    The double typing issue is quite annoying. Mine started just under a month of use. Haven't changed the keyboard as yet though.

On my Q10...
    10-29-14 02:06 AM
    No I'm totally with you on this one I'm still on my Z10 and I like it but I want more....

In Z50 we trust

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:08 AM
105 123 ...