So after installing this on XP, it is preventing my anti-malware program, Malwarebytes, from working correctly. Also causes Outlook Express to have an error on reboot.

Are there any other methods to accessing photos and files on the Q10 without having to use Link?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:09 AM
    Hi legaldeejay,

do you encounter the problems just because of Link installation, or when you actually use it ?
    If installation is OK, then you should be able to drag and drop your files directly using windows (is that your OS ?).

If not, I'll search for a standalone BB10 device driver, not sure it's available.

Edit: just found the USB and Modem Drivers section ... but cannot certify it'll work for BB10 devices. So please explore any other track before installing this (will require anyhow you first uninstall Link).
    Use with caution : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-15-13 at 07:20 AM.
    07-15-13 07:09 AM
    Yes, the problem occurs just due to the installation. I haven't used it yet. I actually thought this issue was due to malware so I ended up reformatting and reinstalling everything only to find out BB Link was the root of the problem.

I will report back on your suggestion, thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:40 AM
    So after installing this on XP, it is preventing my anti-malware program, Malwarebytes, from working correctly. Also causes Outlook Express to have an error on reboot.

Are there any other methods to accessing photos and files on the Q10 without having to use Link?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Did you try just using windows explorer and accessing it like you would your C drive?
    07-15-13 07:47 AM
    Did you try just using windows explorer and accessing it like you would your C drive?
    Yeah, just turn on USB mass storage and manually copy stuff over.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:14 AM
    There is no option for me to do this in Settings, Storage and Access. According to an article on this site, this seems to only apply to data on an SD card, not the device itself. I do not have an SD card.
    07-15-13 08:49 AM
    There is no option for me to do this in Settings, Storage and Access. According to an article on this site, this seems to only apply to data on an SD card, not the device itself. I do not have an SD card.
    The solution is to buy an SD card. Then you can move files from device storage.

I haven't tried moving any files using Dropbox or any other online storage account, but you also could try that.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-15-13 08:55 AM
    Go to Settings -> Storage and Access -> Access to Storage: and select connect to windows. and plug in your phone and you should see it.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-15-13 09:10 AM
    If you can just get Link to run and recognize youe device without using it further, you will get drive letters for your phone (and card if you get one) in My Computer.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:22 AM
    Go to Settings -> Storage and Access -> Access to Storage: and select connect to windows. and plug in your phone and you should see it.
    hum ... not sure drivers will come along with windows autodetect. Definitely worse a try anyways.
    07-15-13 09:37 AM
    Nope that didn't work because no drivers were autodetected as Superfly indicated. When you connect it to a PC, a message pops up on the Q10 telling you it wants to install Link. When going into Windows Explorer, it thinks the BB is a virtual CD and you can see a drive with options to install BB Link and Blackberry Device Manager. Maybe just installing Device Manager will do the trick. At least this is what I see on a Windows 7 machine. I do not want to install anything on that machine, so I will report back later when I get to the XP machine
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-15-13 10:28 AM
    Are you familiar with Sachesi? It's a versatile utility that really helped me with otherwise difficult sideloading issues, and the developer has added "back up and restore" link-like features. He's been updating the software steadily in response to feedback. BB Link is admirably ambitious, but an absolute debacle for me, across an array of PC's. So I am most definitely in the market and am hopeful for Sachesi. See this thread if you're interested.
    07-15-13 01:58 PM
    OK, you just need Device Manager installed without BB Link. Just connect the BB via USB cable to computer, then you will see the BB as a CD drive, and find the Device Manager file to install. Once you install it, you will be prompted to type in the device password once you connect it, and then you will see the BB as a separate drive and you can access the files on it.
    07-15-13 10:43 PM
    Turn off Link on your Q10 and turn on mass storage, that worked for me since my computer is older and can't download Link.
    07-16-13 12:54 AM
    Again, mass storage mode only works if you have an SD card

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:15 AM
    I can't use Link either. I spent FIVE hours on the phone with BlackBerry Saturday being sent to "level" 2 tech support. I got tired and we decided to pick back up Monday.

So the support guy called me yesterday and after an additional 2 hours still Link will not connect to my phone.

It recognizes it - just can't connect to it.

It has to do with the drivers not installing. We get an error in Windows Device Mgr something about "lack of system resources".

So Tech guy is doing more research and is calling me back tonight. We are assuming it's a Windows issue (Windows 7) but not sure what/why.

I tried installing Link on my husband's computer last night (he's also running Windows 7). It did install and did connect to my phone but gives an error when I attempt to back it up.

So 2 different computers, 2 different issues and I still can't back up my phone

Posted via Q10 via CB10 app
    07-16-13 06:40 AM
    Another issue with Link is the inability to sign in with your BB ID. It causes Link to crash. I do not recommend using this program when/if it is updated

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:34 AM
    Meant to say "until" when/if it is updated

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:35 AM
    Spent another hour w/ the tech guy last night - still can't get Link to work... so I'm taking a few days to think about something else - LOL

07-17-13 06:30 AM
    Companion link is quite reliable but as I have not used it with BlackBerry os 10 I can't say for certain if it will cross info properly!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 08:13 AM
    I agree BlackBerry Link is very awkward and needs a major overhaul. However I just (not sure if you all know this and I'm the ***** lol) enabled NFC on my Z10 and my Q10 did the tap thing and bingo I had my complete password keeper transferred to my Q10! I wonder what else you can transfer - thus avoiding the stupid BlackBerry Link. Of course we still need to have something that will back up the data but NFC worked for me in transferring info.
    07-17-13 01:19 PM
    Oh cool!! I wish my Torch had NFC that's why I'm needing Link to work - I need to put my Password Keeper info on my Q10.

07-17-13 08:46 PM
    Sachesi has already been updated to an Alpha 14 version and this afternoon I did a flawless backup and restore and everything came over working, even my side loaded Android apps which I'd never been able to come with BlackBerry Link or its predecessor. I used to have to restore the native apps through Desktop Manager and then use BBSAK or BBMCP to bring back 3rd party apps. Sachesi did it all in one fell swoop. The only thing I had to do was to re-enter a few account passwords.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:50 PM
    Oh cool!! I wish my Torch had NFC that's why I'm needing Link to work - I need to put my Password Keeper info on my Q10.

I was pretty surprised about being able to do it! I figured if you can transfer pictures and files why not the password keeper? Lol
    07-18-13 10:10 AM
    Where do you go to find Sachesi? I did Google it but nothing seemed clear? Can you transfer data between two blackberries?
    07-18-13 10:18 AM
27 12